Righteous Fire

"
DeathTouch wrote:
Has GGG verified that IIR and IIQ support gems do in fact work with Righteous Fire?

It's in the patch notes, under Bug Fixes.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
DeathTouch wrote:
Has GGG verified that IIR and IIQ support gems do in fact work with Righteous Fire?

It's in the patch notes, under Bug Fixes.

Thanks. I was trying to find that...
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
works Righteous Fire white key-stone pain attunement (30% more spell damage one low life)?

i mean the burning dmg ;-)
No. Damage over Time is not Spell Damage.
Righteous fire is considered a buff right? If I get Inner Force how exactly would RF be affected?
Self-Burn and More Spell Damage are improved.
I was trying to decide whether or not I should snapshot RF with Carcass and then switch to Kaom's or cast RF with Kaom's already on to output more damage. But then I noticed something... the rate at which I was burning changed when I changed chest. So I ran a little test.

I removed some gear to drop my resist to a point(87%) where I would Degen health when I have RF running. My samples included Casting Rf with Kaom's on , Casting without Kaom's on, Casting w/ then removing, and then Casting w/o then equipping Kaom's. I would then take a time trial of how long it took me to degen 1000 health. Here are some of the results:

Time to degen 1000 health.

Kaom's On Cast
6.19 s
6.11 s
6.32 s

Kaom's On Cast, Remove after.
7.98 s
8.23 s
8.09 s

Kaom's Off Cast, Reequipped
6.28 s
6.20 s
6.42 s
6.19 s

Kaom's Off Cast, Kept off
8.17 s
8.07 s
8.20 s
8.15 s

*times were taken using the stopwatch on my phone, not exact numbers

My regen with Kaom's equipped is 664.9 and regen without Kaom's is 502.5

As you can see from my results, I actually burn faster with Kaom's on regardless of whether or not I had it equipped when I cast RF. Thus proving that the burn damage you take is updated with different max health values, not snapshotted.

I also conducted a quick test with snapshotting with Redbeaks and it seems, at a glance, that the time it takes to Degen 1000 is unaffected by the Damage modifiers on the swords. But as we all know, Redbeaks do in fact increase your dps.

Does this mean that the Damage I take and the Damage I deal that are coming from the same buff are handled as two different functions? Meaning I can snapshot the damage I deal but not the damage I take.

Or is it that the modifiers(AoE, Low-life Damage) are snapshot but the constant damage dealt/taken is updated with new max health values?

I'm currently trying to figure this out but a Dev comment would be awesome.

*Disclaimer* This is all very rough and not precise measurements, I very well could be completely wrong.
Last edited by Kimboed on Apr 17, 2014, 3:27:05 AM
Damage per Second Dealt and DPS Taken are entirely separate calculations, yes. The self-Damage is unaffected by Damage multipliers, but does increase with Increased Effect of Buffs (Inner Force cluster, most notably).
Yeah I assumed that was the case but that leads to my next question, is the burning damage dealt updated real time based on health like the damage taken is?
does righteous fire work with fire damage leechs as life option?
i know it doesn't work with life leech gem but is it possible fire damage leech as life?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info