Righteous Fire

What the hell? Before the patch RF was overpowered in PvP, I can see that, but the nerf went totally overboard. How much did it go down? 90% less damage?

My character is completely specialized in RF and it takes over 5 seconds to even come close to killing someone with 60% fire resi. Compared to all the crit people oneshotting others this is some ridiculously strong nerf. :/
IGN: Pirteloli
I have a question, I currently have a life based righteous fire build. I am considering making a new character that is energy shield based righteous fire. does energy shield righteous fire have more damage potential or does life based have more damage potential WITHOUT koam's? the reason I can't use koam's is because this will be an iir character with dual andvariuses running an item rarity and quantity gem linked to righteous fire. this character will be mainly farming dominus with the occasional map.
"
exgladous wrote:
I have a question, I currently have a life based righteous fire build. I am considering making a new character that is energy shield based righteous fire. does energy shield righteous fire have more damage potential or does life based have more damage potential WITHOUT koam's? the reason I can't use koam's is because this will be an iir character with dual andvariuses running an item rarity and quantity gem linked to righteous fire. this character will be mainly farming dominus with the occasional map.
if you are using es, your es better be roughly over 50% more than your hp pool while using ZO to maintain it. yes it'll have a bit more damage but it takes much more regen investment. it deals damage based on both but most find it easier to go just hp.
Hi Guys :

Spell totem + righteous fire :
node 'Totem damage' (<= generic) seems dont work
(i try on same monster with and without 24% totem damage difference)

im asking why cause on searing bound totem, this node works fine. its a degen for both.

And 2nd question : damage over time work on this both totem ???

Thx if someone got any response on this
Heya folks,
Im currently burning through lower maps with my RF char, quite happy how well it works - the answers I got in here a while ago helped me a lot to develop the build. Now im starting to look at more expensive gear, but there are some questions that came up about the snapshotting mechanic thing:

Currently, im using a dual redbeak RF weapon switch to cast low-life rf before switching to rise of the phoenix.
One thing im considering to get myself is a kaom's heart - however, there are those legacy kaoms with 1000 hp and the new ones with 500 and 40% increased fire damage.

Now, im not really sure how exactly the snapshotting works, does anything i switch around gear-wise change RF damage after casting it? So, for example if I cast rf in a fire dmg kaom's then switch to a legacy one increasing my life further but losing the fire damage bonus, can I gimmick out extra dps? or will the damage stay the same from the moment I cast it, and the legacy kaom's will only increase my tank?
And if that is the case, is there anything keeping me from using kaom's to cast rf, then switch to my current 5l chest for cyclone?
Last edited by Achanei on Mar 15, 2014, 2:16:51 PM
"
exgladous wrote:

here is my Lowlife RF energy shield base

i can reach 6500+ es with shitty gears all res capped 93/78/78 without Aurumvorax

here is my gear
Spoiler

with this i can afk tanking 6-man piety no problem
Problem is my RF's radius really awful lol so im heading to Inc. AOE node
And im stuck with piety without Shavs D:
When will we see the damage of Righteous Fire in the skill bar, or stats ?
Its a must have.
tkz.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make a slow league that's heavily focused on planning random spawns and RNG
# can fuck your entire plan and game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
does elemental equilibrium work with righteous fire?

i heard -fire resist does not work with righteous fire, like flammability and fire penetration.

is this true?
"
ktimekiller wrote:
does elemental equilibrium work with righteous fire?

i heard -fire resist does not work with righteous fire, like flammability and fire penetration.

is this true?
EE works if foe was hit with cold or lightning (but that "debuff" only lasts about 5 seconds). flammability works while fire pen doesn't (DoT's don't hit).
Has GGG verified that IIR and IIQ support gems do in fact work with Righteous Fire?
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info