Righteous Fire

"
as it stands now, does GGG intend this to be a main skill or a buff skill?

Nothing says it can't be both? The spell damage buff is pretty good as a buff skill, and the degen damage is pretty good as a main skill.
Hey guys, I'm running into a problem sustaining RF.

With Vitality, I regen 116.4/1193 ES = 9.75% regen.
I have 87% fire resist via Purity of Fire, Elemental Adaptation, and Rise of the Phoenix.
This should reduce my ES degen to .13 * .7 = 9.1%.
However, RF is still depleting my ES. I timed it and it took about 6 seconds to deplete, so at about 16%/sec.
Popping a ruby flask gives me a small amount of ES regen.
My life, however, took about 9 seconds to deplete, which is correct considering .9 * .13 = 11.7%.

So, why is my ES degenerating at a faster rate than my life/at all?

Thanks for any answers.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out that your life also factors into the ES Degen.
Last edited by Dark_Passenger on Dec 28, 2013, 10:53:11 PM
currently leveling a scion specifically for rf and i noticed something that should help a lot of people who mentioned building a char only for rf and not being able to use it. level as a weapon elemental damage build. the points for those skills are in the same area's as rf regen/resistance nodes and would require 6-7 refund points to adjust to rf when its time. ive been doing this and my char feels rather tanky from the regen and extra resistances/health which in turn should let you take some extra iir/iiq if you want. hell you could even run an ele dmg weapon build w/ rf w/ added lightning and added cold dmg which benefit from spell damage.

sorry for wall of text crits you for 13235252452452345.
twitch.tv/jfpforever
Last edited by jfpforever on Jan 1, 2014, 3:15:16 PM
Hello guys !

I'm running RF build with Headhunter belt just for fun , and when i kill one guy with Discipline aura and i get like ~6000 ES i start taking so much damage instantly, so my question is , the damage that you TAKE from RF is update instantly but the damage you DO is not? because it doesn't seem to boost my damage not even a bit when i get the aura.

Thanks in advance !
Last edited by baassi on Jan 2, 2014, 3:31:31 PM
I havent found RF weapon switch exploit on the list of known issues.. Does this mean its intended to work like this?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
I havent found RF weapon switch exploit on the list of known issues.. Does this mean its intended to work like this?

People know it's a known issue, but that's how it works as of now.
The Known Issues list has never been a full list of open issues.
I really wish this skill was more accessible. It just seems completely useless if you aren't building your entire character around it. Not only that because even when you do it isn't fun to play nor is it even that effective in late game maps.
It was originally intended to be used as a short term buff to spell damage, like diamond flasks drastically used to increase crit chance (100%, now just "lucky"). Only problem is that it required a dousing flask to pull off, and with only 75-80% resists your health depletes in a blink of an eye.

It used to be pretty efficient to be a straight life based RF user who would stack str / regen. You'd use RF and totems / main spell when it was easy farming and if shit hits the fan you could turn off RF (losing spell damage)and gain back your awesome life regen to cope with hard content. I found it worked pretty well with dual flame totems.
Last edited by 50miler on Jan 6, 2014, 3:33:45 AM
Is the AoE burn from this skill not supposed to deal damage to totems or is that just a bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info