Righteous Fire

You take 90% Max Life as Damage per Second, reduced by 85%:
90 * 0.15 = 13.5%

You need 13.5% Regen to break even.
I think there needs to be a unique that halfs or nullifies 75% of the overall damage done to the player by righteous fire. Of course at a cost like you can only use a level 5-10 version of the gem and -40chaos resist or something. As it stands this skill sucks impossible to even use as intended by GGG, as a quick power boost, with out dedicating all your passives, resists, and gear to it.
Last edited by IncogHS102 on Dec 1, 2013, 2:50:20 PM
"
IncogHS102 wrote:
I think there needs to be a unique that halfs or nullifies 75% of the overall damage done to the player by righteous fire. Of course at a cost like you can only use a level 5-10 version of the gem and -40chaos resist or something. As it stands this skill sucks impossible to even use as intended by GGG, as a quick power boost, with out dedicating all your passives, resists, and gear to it.

I second something like this. Between Rise of the Phoenix, Elemental Adaptation, Vitality, +Aura Effect passives, HP regen passives, and Purity of Fire, I still can't even come close to break even with the regen.
Last edited by Illsonmedia on Dec 1, 2013, 7:45:16 PM
"
Illsonmedia wrote:
"
IncogHS102 wrote:

I second something like this. Between Rise of the Phoenix, Elemental Adaptation, Vitality, +Aura Effect passives, HP regen passives, and Purity of Fire, I still can't even come close to break even with the regen.

With all those you can. It's actually not even hard to break even with the regen with all those components. I think the issue is that you actually -have- to use all those components to even run RF. It would be cool if there were more options to sustaining RF than just what you posted.
Last edited by Hrishi on Dec 1, 2013, 10:41:14 PM
I'm having a great time with my Righteous Fire+Spell Totem Build. I just discovered that RF is an excellent candidate for Elemental Equilibrium: RF doesn't trigger the debuff effect, so all you need is a minor source of some other damage type and you've got a free +50% more damage. I use Lightning Trap+Chain because I also have Ancestral Bond... and if you're grouping with guys who aren't dealing fire damage, just refrain from using that power: RF won't trigger EE, so you won't be messing with the rest of your teams' damage like most other EE builds do.

It's a very powerful build, probably the strongest I've played, and it doesn't even require great gear. A Searing Touch is enough to get you started, then whatever HP+ES gear you happen upon. My guy is level 64 and I can't find groups my level who can keep up with me.
"
IncogHS102 wrote:

I think the self-damage of RF should start small and grow over time:

First second: 10% HP+ES self damage
Second second: 20% HP+ES self damage
Third second: 30% HP+ES self damage
Fourth second: 40% HP+ES self damage
Fifth second: 50% HP+ES self damage
Sixth second: 60% HP+ES self damage
And so on, increasing the amount of damage you deal yourself by 10% each second.

This way, just about anyone could run it for a few seconds to get that short burst of bonus damage. Someone really dedicated to fire resists and regen might be able to run it for a full 10 seconds or slightly longer, but nobody would be able to keep it on permanently (Which appears to be the intention).
Due to strange mechanics of RF, It would be nice to know and summarize which supported gem work with it in current build (i never played RF, these are my thoughs):

1) Inc Burn damage: with current patch, it works great (only + to monster damage)
2) Fire penetration: ? Some rumors say it does not work
3) Flammability (curse skill): it should works
4) Increased area: it works (extend radius)
5) Concentrated effect. I'm pretty sure it reduce the radius. Does it also increase RF damage?
6) ItemQ/R: ?
7) LifeLeech: it seems that it does not work.
8) EDIT: elemental proliferation: can burning extends outside the radius? (from wiki it seems no, since the enemy must be 'hit' by the skill. Also Fire trap is excluded so I think that RF is similar). Prepatch answer seems to be no.

Roma timezone (Italy)
Last edited by HellGauss on Dec 2, 2013, 5:55:39 AM
a DoT cannot leech.
fire penetration is an on-hit effect, dot's don't "hit".
item wuant and rarity works

no info on concentrated effect at the moment other than the size reduction.
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
"
IncogHS102 wrote:

I think the self-damage of RF should start small and grow over time:

First second: 10% HP+ES self damage
Second second: 20% HP+ES self damage
Third second: 30% HP+ES self damage
Fourth second: 40% HP+ES self damage
Fifth second: 50% HP+ES self damage
Sixth second: 60% HP+ES self damage
And so on, increasing the amount of damage you deal yourself by 10% each second.

This way, just about anyone could run it for a few seconds to get that short burst of bonus damage. Someone really dedicated to fire resists and regen might be able to run it for a full 10 seconds or slightly longer, but nobody would be able to keep it on permanently (Which appears to be the intention).

plz no. it isn't that hard to sustain the burn.
"
Illsonmedia wrote:
"
IncogHS102 wrote:

thats funny cause with the same list of things I am stable. I actually almost became stable using Inner Force before I specced out of it. and that increased self burn by even more.
are you using inner force??

it kinda sounds like you are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info