Righteous Fire

Perhaps stacking all sorts of uniques for max health regen, then stacking ES for ZO could work as a low-health build. Stuff like The Blood Dance + frenzy charge bandit reward (4% at full frenzy), going a mixed build (~4.7%), Vitality (~2%), and Shavronn's (4%). 14.7% per second isn't too bad, and if 80% is the assumed resistance rate (EA + Purity R.20 + Alpha Howl), all you need to do is make sure 18% of your total health is less than 0.7% of your Energy Shield to negate the burn on RF.

A simpler way to think of this is: For every 1 hp you got, you need to have 26 ES.
"
nynyny wrote:
If they decide to literally destroy RF builds like that they should at least go all the way.

Its obvious that GGG wants the skill to be used as a short burst that you deactivate quickly but then they have to at least make it goddamn instant and remove that retarded casting animation because those 0.5 seconds literally make it impossible to properly build around it.

By the time I have activated RF the pack already is at 30%, let alone that standing around activating a buff isnt the safest thing to do.

True. Cast needs to be instant or near instant if it were to have any use as a burst skill.

On another note, since the patch I've been perplexed by this skill.

With Purity (for 2%) and Rise of the Phoenix, I sit at 85% resist. 2.2% life regen. This should result in a 2.8% degen/second, no? And yet it actually burns through my life pool in just about 10 seconds?

I'm using Eldritch Battery. Why would it burn for over 90% of my HP, when I don't have any ES? Is it bugged?
IGN : Jovial
Last edited by yhateful on Nov 7, 2013, 8:58:31 PM
"
yhateful wrote:

True. Cast needs to be instant or near instant if it were to have any use as a burst skill.

With Purity (for 2%) and Rise of the Phoenix, I sit at 85% resist. 2.2% life regen. This should result in a 2.8% degen/second, no? And yet it actually burns through my life pool in just about 10 seconds?

I'm using Eldritch Battery. Why would it burn for over 90% of my HP, when I don't have any ES? Is it bugged?

It burns 90% of your life per second before any burn modifiers. 85% resistance means 15% of 90% is dealt, or 13.5% of maximum life. 2.2% life per second reduces this to 11.3% per second, meaning yes, it should last about 10 seconds before you burn out, shorter if you use no potions, longer if you do.

"
yhateful wrote:
that indeed sounds like a bug, don't' think anyone has ever tried that anyways, so good find. however the report should also be posted on the bug report forum section.
Is Shavron +4% ring available in new leagues? I cannot find it for sale.
Roma timezone (Italy)
"
Clock_Keeper wrote:
"
yhateful wrote:

It burns 90% of your life per second before any burn modifiers. 85% resistance means 15% of 90% is dealt, or 13.5% of maximum life. 2.2% life per second reduces this to 11.3% per second, meaning yes, it should last about 10 seconds before you burn out, shorter if you use no potions, longer if you do.

Ah, thanks. It's not easy to be a math retard sometimes. :D
IGN : Jovial
I'm running a full life based RF caster at the moment, and I realized RF is going to be useless till 65 aside from short bursts from time to time. In case you aren't aware, 65 is the level you can use the phoenix kite unique. It occurred to me, why not make the skill scale with levels in an arctic armor sort of way? So lower lvl versions burn you and enemies both for less damage than a high level version. This way players who choose to use it can actually utilize it while leveling as well as choose their cutoff for when they can no longer sustain it (just like AA). At the moment it is literally an all or nothing skill that can't even be used outside of short, suicidal bursts until endgame.

The ramp to permasustaining it in its current form is really steep. It requires massive life regen investment, lvl 20+ aura gems, and several endgame uniques. Kind of irritating to build around something and not be able to use it for the entirety of the game imo. :p
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Nov 9, 2013, 9:05:06 AM
"
I'm running a full life based RF caster at the moment, and I realized RF is going to be useless till 65 aside from short bursts from time to time. In case you aren't aware, 65 is the level you can use the phoenix kite unique. It occurred to me, why not make the skill scale with levels in an arctic armor sort of way? So lower lvl versions burn you and enemies both for less damage than a high level version. This way players who choose to use it can actually utilize it while leveling as well as choose their cutoff for when they can no longer sustain it (just like AA). At the moment it is literally an all or nothing skill that can't even be used outside of short, suicidal bursts until endgame.

The ramp to permasustaining it in its current form is really steep. It requires massive life regen investment, lvl 20+ aura gems, and several endgame uniques. Kind of irritating to build around something and not be able to use it for the entirety of the game imo. :p

It doesn't necessarily require any endgame uniques beyond Rise of the Phoenix, if you get the increased flask effect nodes in Witch and use a Ruby Flask, use an at least 2% purity aura, and have Elemental Adaptation.

The above would provide 87% max flame resistance passively, 100% while a Ruby Flask is up. Meaning you'll have to survive an 11.7% health burn and 9.1% ES burn while the flask is down. EB prevents the latter half, Vitality prevents ~2% with a couple aura boosts, 4% hp regen from passives isn't too insane to consider, and you'll be taking about 5.7% damage per second while the flask is not in use.

It's not anywhere near safe, but it's a good "basic" RF build that requires only a little deviation from most of the more effective RF builds.

Also, RF is more of a buff to one's existing skills. The burn will never be enough to justify using just that, but the problem is CI can't touch it (to avoid the health burn) and hybrid builds (HP + ES) burn for too much when they're not sitting at 100% fire resistance. It's essentially viable only to life builds, or maybe a very low life, very high ES build.

I've been wondering, does RF proc CoDT?
"
Clock_Keeper wrote:

no
"
Clock_Keeper wrote:
"

It doesn't necessarily require any endgame uniques beyond Rise of the Phoenix, if you get the increased flask effect nodes in Witch and use a Ruby Flask, use an at least 2% purity aura, and have Elemental Adaptation.

The above would provide 87% max flame resistance passively, 100% while a Ruby Flask is up. Meaning you'll have to survive an 11.7% health burn and 9.1% ES burn while the flask is down. EB prevents the latter half, Vitality prevents ~2% with a couple aura boosts, 4% hp regen from passives isn't too insane to consider, and you'll be taking about 5.7% damage per second while the flask is not in use.

It's not anywhere near safe, but it's a good "basic" RF build that requires only a little deviation from most of the more effective RF builds.

Also, RF is more of a buff to one's existing skills. The burn will never be enough to justify using just that, but the problem is CI can't touch it (to avoid the health burn) and hybrid builds (HP + ES) burn for too much when they're not sitting at 100% fire resistance. It's essentially viable only to life builds, or maybe a very low life, very high ES build.

Intended purpose being just a buff to skills is even more reason to make it more accessible at the cost of effectivess, just like AA. It is essentially a Boolean skill atm where you either build entirely with it in mind or not at all. As for the burn being minimal damage, I disagree. I should be able to hit at least 2k fps on the burn for my build, which in solo play is a fairly good amount for moderate kill speed. Throw the shock novas and proliferation shocks I am using into the mix, and my solo dps should be fairly comfortable.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info