Righteous Fire

"
ammenz wrote:
After a fast test with my templar 500life-120ES I can say that this skill could be powerful but too risky. If you avoid to be hit during the effect you can erase the enemy around you and use flaskS (big plural "S") as fast as you can. I'm waiting a boss fight to test it better (and to die faster, probably). I wonder if it suits with phase walk and a character build with lot of evasion...

what level were you? 500hp is pretty low. what is your resistances? you need max fire res and decent amount of regen (rejuv totem and/or passives and flasks (preferably double healing when used at low life and instant healing when used at low life).
"
Alegor wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong- now, it's possible to get 7% HP regen from passives, + 1.5% from vitality, +~1% from charges- it gives almost 10% passive hp regen (+there is also life leech!); on the same time you could have 75% fire resist + 6% from passives + 5% from unique shield + 4% from purity- it gives 90% fire resist- so theoretically (assuming you have the shield!) you could perma-burn yourself, having bilion hp, insta-evaporating all monsters?
Doesn't seem like youv'e been following the discussion. People have been talking about that for ages, but there's issues with it.

The two biggest issues (which are kinda linked) are:
• DPS— the DPS isn't really that good when you compare it to other builds
• Area of effect— the range is terrible so even if you could kill things fast, you still have to run up to each one.

Both those issues are very related, but boils down to the fact I'm pretty sure a caster or projectile user would out-power the build by far; the only advantage the righteous fire one would have is that when RF is NOT on (or even when it is on), the player would be a better tank.

That said, it would still be a fun build to try out though. Don't think it would be a failure of a build, but it's hard to get the items.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Aug 1, 2012, 3:20:41 PM
I've not seen anyone post anything about RoF and Elemental Equilibrium.

Using both Vulnerability and, say, ice nova with added lightning you should be doing 95% of your hp dps.

Probably use Shield charge to get to archers etc. quickly

I've not had a character over 30 yet so don't really have the experience to comment, but I might give this a try if I can get a char high enough to use Rof.

What is the earliest level that Rof becomes useable to actually kill things?
What support gems work with Righteous Fire?

I'm gonna assume anything improving actual damage doesn't apply. No Life on Hit, since you're not actually hitting anything. Probably no Life Leech nor Mana Leech?

Obviously Concentrated Effect and Increased Area of Effect should work fine. The latter is probably mandatory.

Does Elemental Proliferation do anything? Chance to Ignite? Culling Strike? Iron Will?
"
0nin wrote:
What support gems work with Righteous Fire?

I'm gonna assume anything improving actual damage doesn't apply. No Life on Hit, since you're not actually hitting anything. Probably no Life Leech nor Mana Leech?

Obviously Concentrated Effect and Increased Area of Effect should work fine. The latter is probably mandatory.

Does Elemental Proliferation do anything? Chance to Ignite? Culling Strike? Iron Will?

Since it's only burning damage, I doubt area damage or spell damage works, so no use for contrated effect or iron will (someone needs to confirm this).

I tried inscreased aoe with my current RF build, the graphic effect doesn't seem to scale so I don't know if it really works.

I didn't try elemental proliferation, it might be a way to inscrease aoe artificially...

I'd like to have an answer from GGG about the interaction of support gems with RF. The way this skill works makes it hard to guess.

edit : through testing I confirmed that increased aoe does not work. I am disappointed, can we expect a fix ?
I also tried elemental proliferation, it does nothing. i don't know if it's intended.

reedit : aoe works, my bad...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Aug 6, 2012, 7:40:25 AM
Increased aoe works fine for me. It's also the only support that worked.
"
zriL wrote:
edit : through testing I confirmed that increased aoe does not work. I am disappointed, can we expect a fix ?

please look few pages back, AoE does work on it, i both showed the visual of it and people already tested only the AoE support gems work.

edit: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30760/page/11 for the picture.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Aug 4, 2012, 6:21:26 PM
"
RF not RoF.

Mark talked about elemental equilibrium and burning damage before — as far as I remember he said it doesn't work with it; It would only work for when there's fire damage as the base for the burning, which doesn't exist for RF.

I wonder if somehow Redbeak works with RF. I'm thinking not, since DoT doesn't seem to be considered to be typical damage, but it would be interesting to confirm.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Spoiler
Hellobies!

Today I found that using Flasks that dispel burning will cause Righteous Fire to end. I'm not sure if this is working as intended because it offers a SIGNIFICANT advantage over not using those flasks (you can just run in and kill everything and pop a flask to abort the effect before you get into serious danger). Just thought I might report this, so in case it's not intended...

Of course I do like it, since it lets me use RF all the time instead of just limited situations, but it does seem a little too good to be true ;)

Nevermind, I just noticed that this has been known for quite a while so it obviously has to work as intended.
Kilgoth - Eldritch Battery Lightning Strike Shadow
Kilgmore - Righteous Fire/Freezing Pulse tankmage Marauder
Kilgington - Remake of the very same Marauder
Kilgtales - Pain Attunement Low Life Caster Shadow
Kylg - Unarmed bitch
Last edited by Kilgoth on Aug 5, 2012, 6:13:17 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
"
RF not RoF.

Mark talked about elemental equilibrium and burning damage before — as far as I remember he said it doesn't work with it; It would only work for when there's fire damage as the base for the burning, which doesn't exist for RF.

I wonder if somehow Redbeak works with RF. I'm thinking not, since DoT doesn't seem to be considered to be typical damage, but it would be interesting to confirm.
While I haven't really seen undeniable proof, the general gist seems to be that RF's damage is only boosted by three sources:
1. Burning Damage
2. Increased Buff Strength
3. -%Fire resistance

But I'm still not really certain whether Fire Damage, Spell Damage and/or flat Damage increase work. It'd depend on whether the Burn damage is recognized as a spell, or simply as an elemental status ailment without a source.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info