What games do you guys play other than POE?

Back into Elite Dangerous after NMS rekindled my taste for space pewpew and galactic market shenanigans. I was initially sad that the console version didnt get SpaceLegs but from most accounts this is probably a good thing. It doesn't sound very fun. And in terms of stuff like space station usage, inconvenient. Bit like what happened with Eve I guess.

Teetering on returning to the Lands Between, this time playing a beefcake rather than a quickblade.

Undecided on SFVI at this point. The creator mode is seriously good and the yakuza style openish world is fun but mostly both just make me miss Soul Calibur 3's amazing rpg mode.

Dredge is always never far from my purchase finger.

Good friend has been updating me on his Age of Wonders 4 experience. Never been a huge 4X fan myself (pun intended) but he has made clear it's like a modern attempt at Master of Magic which I very much did love.

1 month to go I guess.

Bummer about Return of the Cal but eh I am not really surprised.
The name says it all.
X4: Foundations. Deeply engaging 4X space sim, new expansion released last month, 10/10.

Wartales. This game has been consuming a lot of my free time recently. Highly recommended.
Streaming Path of Exile on Twitch: Twitch.tv/ActionRPGs

“There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” ―Oscar Wilde
I was kinda disappointed by Dredge. I really felt it didn't quite capture the atmosphere of its influences nearly as well as they did. It is pretty well-made and definitely not a bad game. It's simply way too easy to make it...well, way too easy. For the most part, you kinda have to purposefully go out of your way to make it more difficult, unsettling, and so on.

One thing in particular ruined the overall experience for me.
Spoiler
The Traveling Merchant always being present at each island area beyond the first removes all sense of pressure. You can sleep, repair/upgrade your ship, sell your cargo, and manage your storage practically any time you wish. If she simply did not exist, it would be a very different game. IMO, it would in fact be the game many people seem to have convinced themselves that it already is.

If nothing else, though, playing through Dredge did inspire me to revisit Darkwood. I might even finally finish playing through Sunless Skies, even if it doesn't quite live up to its predecessor (which I loved and should probably revisit as well).
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
Exhumer1 wrote:

Wartales. This game has been consuming a lot of my free time recently. Highly recommended.

Can confirm. Lost many hours so far in Wartales. If you like XCOM style games, this one is a no brainer.

Also playing Jedi Survivor which is a must have for any Star Wars fan. It's a bit too linear for my liking, but the lighsaber combat and force powers (especially on PS5) are amazing.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
aggromagnet wrote:
I was kinda disappointed by Dredge. I really felt it didn't quite capture the atmosphere of its influences nearly as well as they did. It is pretty well-made and definitely not a bad game. It's simply way too easy to make it...well, way too easy. For the most part, you kinda have to purposefully go out of your way to make it more difficult, unsettling, and so on.

One thing in particular ruined the overall experience for me.
Spoiler
The Traveling Merchant always being present at each island area beyond the first removes all sense of pressure. You can sleep, repair/upgrade your ship, sell your cargo, and manage your storage practically any time you wish. If she simply did not exist, it would be a very different game. IMO, it would in fact be the game many people seem to have convinced themselves that it already is.

If nothing else, though, playing through Dredge did inspire me to revisit Darkwood. I might even finally finish playing through Sunless Skies, even if it doesn't quite live up to its predecessor (which I loved and should probably revisit as well).

I really appreciate this sort of post -- but whenever I see an Exile say a game is too easy for them, my gut reaction as a normie is, "well maybe I will be okay. Maybe." ^_~
The name says it all.
Nah, it's definitely not an Exile-like "This is too easy!" There's just one very specific thing that holds it back in a few key ways, IMO. The game is still worth playing through though...especially if you're any kind of fan of games with a Lovecraftian vibe. It is pretty solid overall, and I definitely didn't not like it.

If you do decide to give it a whirl, come back to my spoiler later on. You may well have already guessed what my gripe is by then. (Edit: If you didn't already check it, that is...)
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on May 7, 2023, 11:15:57 PM
Currently playing Dead Cells. Never played it till now, it's really good.
d2 retro
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
d2r, warhammer vermintide 2, also d4 waiting room enjoyer gonnaa be good I hope
super gigachad dare you to prove me wrong ambatukam
I play Resident Evil 4 remake, and it's a real pleasure to play it again!
Last edited by burbigo3 on Nov 15, 2023, 2:00:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info