What games do you guys play other than POE?

Lately I've been playing a lot of Titan Quest. I'd played the original game years ago but had never played any of the expansions so I bought the Anniversary Edition on Steam so I could play them all together.
Valheim right now, a lot of fun (for me)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Warhammer Chaosbane
I'm sharing my time between Dyson Sphere Programme and FF XIV, with the odd dabble into Last Epoch (mid-40s now so almost at endgame, which I'm interested to see)
Guild Wars 2 all day, every day. I enjoy it, the GF enjoys it, we enjoy it together. What more could a person want? I'd probably still be build-crafting in LE and Wolcen were it not for Guild Wars 2 having an absolute fucktonne of things for us to do, so thank you, ArenaNet. You saved me from a life of lonely ARPG drudgery; MMO drudgery is prettier and has more amusing social interactions. Also a perfectly functional marketplace -- I know, Exiles, you don't believe they exist but THEY DO. I HAVE SEEN IT. Someday, you too will believe.

I also play some Monster Hunter World with busy overseas friends twice a week (Insect Glaive main, because it's actually interesting to play), Slay The Spire on Android, some early testing of Outriders (the edgiest, blandest Xbox game I've ever played, and I've never owned an Xbox), finally getting into FF7R (my god, the lighting in amazing), and Genshin Impact casually with the GF (fun to free to play a game that has sucked in so many whales; pulling a 5* has real meaning when it only happens a few times a year).

Oh, and I don't play PoE and I never will play PoE again so I guess the 'other than PoE' thing doesn't apply to me. OOPS.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I play Grim Dawn instead of POE because it’s a MUCH MUCH better game than POE.
I'm a general gamer, I guess. I play almost anything that I find interesting, I have about 2000 games across all digital stores. RPG's and ARPG's are my favorite though. When not playing PoE, usually the last month of a league, I play something...depends on mood.
Currently I'm obsessed with Valheim. Funny how such a simple game made me spend 36 hours on it (for me that's a lot), 34 of them being just me messing around trying to build my main base.
Last edited by lupasvasile on Mar 24, 2021, 12:16:01 PM
Recently tried Darkwood. It is a top-down survival game.

Im not that far and still need some time to get the hang of the funky controls but the adrenaline when walking through the spooky woods and ruins is something partially reminiscent of Resident Evil.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
LennyLen wrote:
Lately I've been playing a lot of Titan Quest. I'd played the original game years ago but had never played any of the expansions so I bought the Anniversary Edition on Steam so I could play them all together.

I've pimped the mobile TQ here a fair bit in the past as a rough but enjoyable TQ on the go, but very recently THQ Nordic released the Legendary version on Android and I'm pretty blown away by the improvements. Definitely still a mobile version but it's a lot closer to the PC/console incarnations. And the performance is much, much better -- far less slowdown as soon as five or more mobs are on-screen. Naturally the PC masterrace crowd had a little shitstink about Nordic/Handygames bothering to do a mobile version for a game that has had no less than 3 mobile versions so far, but it's nice to see a comprehensive, complete version on mobile, finally. It's still my favourite ARPG after D2. My poor maligned and misguided Wolcen is third, but that's 100% a guilty pleasure, whereas D2 and TQ I can recommend without reservation on any platform.

And yes, I'll be playing D2R on switch with a few friends, one of whom has never had a PC and so never actually played D2 at all (he played some D1 at my place back in the day). His first experience of it should be quite the blast.

__

Unrelated, MH:Rise came out today. Guess we'll be playing that once we exhaust MHW, assuming Outriders and the renewed Dark Alliance are busts...

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
League Of Legends
Factorio
7 Days To Die
Rocket League
Recently just downloaded Dyson Sphere However had a quick go and i cannot get in to it, its kind of like Factorio but i prefer that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info