What games do you guys play other than POE?

V Rising! Its cheap and better than boring POE.
V Rising is an excellent intersection of survival, crafting, and ARPG. But as with other survival/crafting games (Valheim for example) I wouldn't play it alone or with strangers -- it's all about close coop with people you know and trust. That alone makes it a "sometimes" game for me. If the others I play with are busy or just not in the mood -- or more likely I am the one not feeling it -- then it's a bust.

Like or not, PoE is very much the opposite of this and can be played solo at any time. So I don't see much cause for comparison; one is far from a replacement for the other given the above conditions.

---

I keep meaning to doof about with the SFVI demo but my forgetful and thus bewildered and terrifying return to Elden Ring has begun. We recently bought a desk cycle and I have resolved only to play ER while using it. An interesting study in game behaviour: I slow down when stalking, speed up when fighting, and stop altogether when dying.

Other than that, daily Titty Quest while the SO gets the TV for Zelda. She has until June. :)
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jul 7, 2023, 9:26:46 PM
Really enjoying Humanity so far. Only a few worlds in, but it's already stepped beyond the norm of path-programming games by encouraging me to organise and manage separate groups, and by simultaneously making your flock of people an expendable harmless infinity and a constant physical force that will happily push your careful plans off the edge of the world if you forget for a moment they can do that. Plus a nice sparse and prickly soundtrack, and I'm a sucker for "inexplicable cubes in the sky, maybe it means something maybe it doesn't, fuck you" aesthetics.
Yakuza like a dragon.. its so goofy. lovin every moment
Yaklad is a fucking blast. I tried to go back and play the full series but it just didn't age well. Halfway through 2 and it clearly hadn't foubd its true energy yet. Kasuga is just too much fun compared to poor old Kiryuu. I was always more of a Beat Takeshi fan than of Kitano, but they're both awesome in their way.

--
RING FIT ADVENTURE IS A TORTURE DEVICE.

But I can already feel some differences so eh worth it. Really eager to strip that lockdown flab.

--

Finished act 1 of DIV. Gonna stay in act 1's area for a while though. No connectivity issues so far but a) early access and b) OCE servers are likely to be less stressed anyway. Stumbled onto a pretty strong meleemancer style so that's neat.

--

Still playing TQ every night. :)
The name says it all.
Not a whole lot of new stuff going on for me, but recent updates made me play both Deep Rock Galactic and 7 Days to Die again.

Deep Rock is still one of the most relaxing games that can be hectic as hell. Awesome devs, awesome playerbase, even with randoms it's significantly more fun in co-op than single player.

7 Days to Die on the other hand is a game I never expected to like as much as I do. I'm not big on survival games. Or zombie games. Or open world titles. But for some reason this one just works for me. It's been stuck in early access for years now, but it still gets significant updates every so often. Like... "we overhauled the way how crafting progression works, re-designed a significant portion of the buildings you can find and greatly improved the woldgen. Also water has physics now" levels of significant. Much, MUCH more fun with friends though.

...I might actually start to gravitate more and more to multiplayer games these days, how the hell did THAT happen?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
FFXIV (burnt out on it ATM), Sims 4 (close to burning out after a week of play), Diablo 3 (on season drops if someone's around to play with), and Gunfire Reborn (an indie roguelite PvM shooter). There's other JRPGs there but I play them just on and off.
witch enthusiast, send occ/ele/necro builds
Playing ffXVI atm, played d4 got to 67ish and got bored, might give a season 1 try but i doubt it...

Next ill play the new god of wars, horizon zero dawns, jedi fallen order and survivor and ghost of tsushima, some of these until phantom liberty comes out.

Dunno what i will do next league, i might take break from poe until poe 2 is out but then ill play couple characters and probably ill quit, in recent months i lose interest in for ever games and i prefer to play rpg or action single player games...
Humankind.

The reviews were a little scary with players saying 'if you like Civilization series, you'll like this' - as well as the polar opposite 'if you like Civ, stick with Civ, this is worse in every way'.

Well I'm here to tell you they're just different, but I like both franchises a lot.
Played many different games up through the last 5-ish years. Usually not into ARPGs, POE was my first, but do like proper RPGs.

Civilization 4 (5 and 6 were crap and hollow shells compared). Played for the Hall of Fame and other competitive maps.
Witcher 3 (many, many times, such a wonderful game)
Diablo 2 R recently, since I never played the original
Horizon Zero Dawn (great game). The next one, not so much. WAY too much handholding and brain-destroying comments.
God of War. Much the same deal as with HZD. The 2018 game was fantastic, but Ragnarok was worse.
Terraria. Fantastic game, can try to be creative, or just kill stuff and dig
Stardew Valley. Also a wonderful game, and for a while I enjoyed trying to speed down the bottomless pit in the desert, several thousand levels. Fun and sick loot down there.
Hollow Knight. Incredible indie game, but brutally difficult too.
RimWorld. Another indie gem. Base building and creativity, and trying to fight off enormous hordes of machines that want you dead for some reason.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Wonderful game, tho the last chapter (or next last) was a massive pain. Not played the sequel as they didn't release it for Linux, but I've heard it's good.

Those are some of the games off the top of my head that I've enjoyed lately, or rather over several years.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 25, 2023, 4:49:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info