Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
Dioxy186 wrote:
Any gear change I can make to drastically improve my survivability? I finished maybe 40-50% of my ultimatums due to randomly being one shot.

Inspired learning - and Cinderswallow. By far best for Ultimatums.
I just had to stop in and share this.

I'm just hitting phase 3 of the guide, corrupted soul version. Level 93, 7 power charges everything is budget so far, still using the 6link unique staff. Only 3 medium clusters as I don't have enough skill points to spare yet to get the 4th allocated because I went for the Inspired Learning so I could actually complete Ultimatums (which I can do pretty regularly now so that's nice).

I just unlocked Sirus kinda late last night and thought I would give it a try. Wow it went poorly! No regen and no sustain to speak of once flasks ran out, which is pretty quickly (and I did have a corrupted blood gem slotted). It's definitely not zdps but the dps was not that good at A5.

That being said I did almost kill him before I ran out of portals. He ended up on the stairs and I could never weave my over to him without wasting at least one hit on the life flask because I had no regen at all.

I know I've not had much time to play this league, but man does this feel like a long journey league starting this build :P
"
manipulos wrote:
I just had to stop in and share this.

I'm just hitting phase 3 of the guide, corrupted soul version. Level 93, 7 power charges everything is budget so far, still using the 6link unique staff. Only 3 medium clusters as I don't have enough skill points to spare yet to get the 4th allocated because I went for the Inspired Learning so I could actually complete Ultimatums (which I can do pretty regularly now so that's nice).

I just unlocked Sirus kinda late last night and thought I would give it a try. Wow it went poorly! No regen and no sustain to speak of once flasks ran out, which is pretty quickly (and I did have a corrupted blood gem slotted). It's definitely not zdps but the dps was not that good at A5.

That being said I did almost kill him before I ran out of portals. He ended up on the stairs and I could never weave my over to him without wasting at least one hit on the life flask because I had no regen at all.

I know I've not had much time to play this league, but man does this feel like a long journey league starting this build :P

I'd say as soon as you can get Void Batteries (pretty cheap) and a +1 PC on your helmet (should be some decent options that are affordable too) - that will help with damage a ton! Obviously you have to get a six link Impulsa, but maybe even another six link would be okay until you can save up. 10 PC makes a world of difference especially with Void Battery. I noticed a definite kick up when I upgraded to them. Also I've been running a higher level Vitality which has been nice.
Last edited by Sumidian on May 19, 2021, 4:41:06 PM
"
cypeak wrote:
"
radiostar01 wrote:
"
cypeak wrote:
just out of curiosity - could it be that the "budget" version of this build won't bring you far?

following the discussions in the thread, seems like it's quite dependant on HH, BOTB, asenath gloves etc. to have a chance of survivability...

Depends on what you mean by "budget" and by "far". Pre void batteries, the build does feel rubbish, but that could be my own standards talking.

i'm talking about the setup with agnerod west staff, ephemeral bond etc..

that staff can be bought for abour 40-80 chaaos as a 6link variant. a 6-linkes inpulsa is about 3.5-4 exalts.
ephemeral bond is cheap as around 5-10 chaos - badge of the brotherhood is 2ex+
replica soul tether is around 30 chaos - replica HH about 15ex and the non-replica version about 150ex...
solid rings with resistances/life and +1 power charges are quite pricey...

does the build work without those "premium" gear options was my question.

i could accept if it's hard to run fully juiced t15+ maps, but at least reaching t14 or even completing the atlas is what i mean by "far"...

The build can definitely work without those, I used agnarod's and impulsa all the way to red maps and it worked fine, some oneshots here and there but its all good since we have cast on death portal. The biggest spike in survivability wasn't even the asenaths or the storm drinker clusters, it was the addition of a cinderswalow flask and properly set up pantheons (HUGE Difference) i literally don't die unless I'm distracted and stop moving.
Not going to lie and say that this build is awesome and super league starter friendly, because I don't think it is, especially compared to my actual league starter (vortex occ), But as a second build it's great. its fast and reliable and once you have void batsx2, your clusters and a cindersallow, you're set and stomping pretty much anything. The only thing I haven't done is the feared and maven, so I cant say anything about those, but cortex, sirus etc, was easy.

Yeah this is a definite best as second character type of build - at least for those of us less experienced. But honestly if you follow the guide it should be okay. As he keeps a league start in mind with his choices.

Cinderswallow really is huge, and Inspired Learning has been really nice too. I went from 95 to 96 (first time ever) with only two deaths. Not to say this is a tank, haha, not at all - but I made sure to roll the maps a lot - never took sketchy ones - and that helped more than anything else to be honest.

I've done The Feared and that was honestly super easy with this one - just brand, make sure Recall isn't on LMB and then run like hell! They just melted as there are no real invulnerable phases they just get blown up.

Maven is actually really quite easy too for the same reason, Brand her, or the brain up, and run like hell. The only one I haven't wrapped my head around is Uber Atziri (just used my league start that doesn't actually deal any damage itself to avoid the reflect) So if anyone has tips on how to beat that with this build I'm all ears. I feel like its insta-death during the reflect phase? As far as I'm aware her reflect mechanic isn't in The Feared either - which would make sense as I've blown that encounter up easily.
"
Sumidian wrote:
Yeah this is a definite best as second character type of build - at least for those of us less experienced. But honestly if you follow the guide it should be okay. As he keeps a league start in mind with his choices.

Cinderswallow really is huge, and Inspired Learning has been really nice too. I went from 95 to 96 (first time ever) with only two deaths. Not to say this is a tank, haha, not at all - but I made sure to roll the maps a lot - never took sketchy ones - and that helped more than anything else to be honest.

I've done The Feared and that was honestly super easy with this one - just brand, make sure Recall isn't on LMB and then run like hell! They just melted as there are no real invulnerable phases they just get blown up.

Maven is actually really quite easy too for the same reason, Brand her, or the brain up, and run like hell. The only one I haven't wrapped my head around is Uber Atziri (just used my league start that doesn't actually deal any damage itself to avoid the reflect) So if anyone has tips on how to beat that with this build I'm all ears. I feel like its insta-death during the reflect phase? As far as I'm aware her reflect mechanic isn't in The Feared either - which would make sense as I've blown that encounter up easily.

For Uber Atziri, most people will swap to a Sibyl's Lament + Yugul pantheon for 100% reduced reflect damage taken. Nice and cheap way to kill her, just need to make sure you don't get hit by anything else since you're probably losing resists from swapping rings.
Heya,

Simple question. How is it actually league starting or leveling with this? Have others had a smooth transition or would you rather recommend something like Arma Brand Elementalist or Fireslinger with transition into this as second character?

I have no experience in pob, what would be my real dps? What can I improve?

Great guide, thanks for everything !!!

pob: https://pastebin.com/cZ32sW0y
Hello again,

after many many upg and changes im atm with this build / items .. were i need to go from here i want to min/max this build because i love it so much , i have atm like 50ex to spend on it.
i dont know if i want to go with HH this league beacause is so expensive..
so what i need to upg atm ?

for cluster jewel i have :

2 large with : storm drinker + vengeful commanader and 3th widespred destruction
3 medium cluster with : grand design + brand loyalty
1 medium cluster with : holy conquest + brand loyalty

this is my POB

https://pastebin.com/CDTx5dwG

any tips and advices ar welcome
Last edited by CharmCollector on May 20, 2021, 12:13:08 PM
"
Hello again,

after many many upg and changes im atm with this build / items .. were i need to go from here i want to min/max this build because i love it so much , i have atm like 50ex to spend on it.
i dont know if i want to go with HH this league beacause is so expensive..
so what i need to upg atm ?

for cluster jewel i have :

2 large with : storm drinker + vengeful commanader and 3th widespred destruction
3 medium cluster with : grand design + brand loyalty
1 medium cluster with : holy conquest + brand loyalty

this is my POB

https://pastebin.com/CDTx5dwG

any tips and advices ar welcome

Get double crit multi on your jewels. That is an easy way to scale damage quickly - I've even considered dropping life on one and getting a cheap tirple crit multi too. Look at getting a Watcher's Eye with Lightning Resist penetration. I've enjoyed Bottled Faith - I dropped the mana flask and squeezed in Clarity. Can also look at the Evil Eye / Wish for Death medium cluster jewel. I've been using it and I really like the Culling Strike it gives. But you're looking pretty good!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info