Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

So if I was to run a badge for mapping, what jewel would I run? Glorious vanity?
"
radiostar01 wrote:
"
XenJerec wrote:

I actually have 2 void batteries in my stash. At what point should I equip them? After I get a 6l inpulsa? I think I may be stuck with a 5link unless my rng or free time IRL changes lol

Void battery damage depends on the number of power charges you have, so perhaps equip them when you're ready to get a power charge helmet. As for 6l inpulsa, they cost about about 3.5ex which isn't TOO expensive...maybe. 5l is fine for now.

You should probably do something about your gloves and boots though, if at least to get some dex on them and free up some points. 5-10c is enough to get a 45 dex, 55 life, 25 movespeed and 50 total res boots. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/KrzmMRnU5

"
Africank wrote:
Hi Fellas,

I've rerolled 3 trime this season and this was the build wich gave me joy :)

I'm at that point where I'd like to reach the higher level possible but I'm struggling with the amount of dexterity needed..

and can't afford a HH atm..

here is my POB if you see any kind of improvements : https://pastebin.com/xp4AqAJL

Thanks a lot

Your damage and effective health looks pretty good to me, and without a watcher's eye too. Though I wonder about your boots and your rings. You already get onslaught on cinderswallow, and it's only a little expensive to get vermillion rings with dex, life and double resists with decent rolls.

Thanks a lot for time time you spent analysing my stuff. Much apreciated. I've spent some currency on my build and here is the result : https://pastebin.com/djwrxz37

Tell what you think I could optimise :)

Best regards
"
radiostar01 wrote:
"
cypeak wrote:
just out of curiosity - could it be that the "budget" version of this build won't bring you far?

following the discussions in the thread, seems like it's quite dependant on HH, BOTB, asenath gloves etc. to have a chance of survivability...

Depends on what you mean by "budget" and by "far". Pre void batteries, the build does feel rubbish, but that could be my own standards talking.

i'm talking about the setup with agnerod west staff, ephemeral bond etc..

that staff can be bought for abour 40-80 chaaos as a 6link variant. a 6-linkes inpulsa is about 3.5-4 exalts.
ephemeral bond is cheap as around 5-10 chaos - badge of the brotherhood is 2ex+
replica soul tether is around 30 chaos - replica HH about 15ex and the non-replica version about 150ex...
solid rings with resistances/life and +1 power charges are quite pricey...

does the build work without those "premium" gear options was my question.

i could accept if it's hard to run fully juiced t15+ maps, but at least reaching t14 or even completing the atlas is what i mean by "far"...
Last edited by cypeak on May 18, 2021, 3:16:27 AM
"
cypeak wrote:
"
radiostar01 wrote:
"
cypeak wrote:
just out of curiosity - could it be that the "budget" version of this build won't bring you far?

following the discussions in the thread, seems like it's quite dependant on HH, BOTB, asenath gloves etc. to have a chance of survivability...

Depends on what you mean by "budget" and by "far". Pre void batteries, the build does feel rubbish, but that could be my own standards talking.

i'm talking about the setup with agnerod west staff, ephemeral bond etc..

that staff can be bought for abour 40-80 chaaos as a 6link variant. a 6-linkes inpulsa is about 3.5-4 exalts.
ephemeral bond is cheap as around 5-10 chaos - badge of the brotherhood is 2ex+
replica soul teher is around 30 chaos - replica HH about 15ex and the non-replica version about 150ex...
solid rings with resistances/life and +1 power charges are quite pricey...

does the build work without those "premium" gear options was my question.

i could accept if it's hatd to run fully juiced t15+ maps, but at least reaching t14 or even completing the atlas is what i mean by "far"...

with the budget version I could clear all map until t16, I took some one shot sometimes but most of the time I was finishing the map with the boss. That's why this build is really cool because you can do a lot of contents with it.
hey ppl, i've reached lv 66 and almost at the end of the campaign but i feel too squishy, even trash mobs can kill me with ease and i was wondering if i've done something wrong with the build

Can someone take a look at my ShadowJolt and give me some advices on what to improve please?
"
Africank wrote:

Thanks a lot for time time you spent analysing my stuff. Much apreciated. I've spent some currency on my build and here is the result : https://pastebin.com/djwrxz37

Tell what you think I could optimise :)

Best regards

Your numbers look good. Divergent swiftbrand will improve your peak dps by a bit more than 15%. I believe the idea is that the last few seconds of a brand spikes in damage, which is ideal for bosses where you just leave it on and run away for a bit (without recalling your brands of course). Divergent inspiration reduces mana cost even more, but youve got an eternal mana flask so thats a non issue.

Personally I'm testing a lvl 1 blade blast linked to my cwdt so it unnerves enemies and that's 10% more damage when your cwdt pops. It probably works fine in melee, but I'm not sure if it's hitting correctly if a ranged enemy pops me.

There's also the option of getting a replica inya's epiphany. Only you can judge whether or not it's worthwhile.

"
hiei27 wrote:
hey ppl, i've reached lv 66 and almost at the end of the campaign but i feel too squishy, even trash mobs can kill me with ease and i was wondering if i've done something wrong with the build

Can someone take a look at my ShadowJolt and give me some advices on what to improve please?

Yeah this build felt pretty bad to map with until you get at least the staff (and everything at that tier OP recommended, such as the inpulsa). Until then, rares take forever to kill.

Now it's possible that elemental overload is actually holding you back and making your experience WAAAY more tedious than it could be. But it also looks like you don't have that much crit multi, so it may be too early to ditch overload.

Put a couple of points into the 30 dex nodes so you've got some flexibility in upgrading your gear. Might be a good idea to see if you can get your resistances in check without rings so you can get right into double essence worms, and go Mind over Matter to beef up your effective HP. Maybe it's time to move on from tabula. A 5l inpulsa will set you back about 40c, a 6l agnerod about 45c, and a 5l agnerod about 4c.

Once you're comfortable, give merc lab a crack. It's doable while resist capped and with only 3k life.

Finally, after getting essence worms and an agnerod staff, you can trade your aura passives for the staff crit passives a bit to the left of overload.
Last edited by radiostar01 on May 18, 2021, 5:31:32 AM
"
Put a couple of points into the 30 dex nodes so you've got some flexibility in upgrading your gear. Might be a good idea to see if you can get your resistances in check without rings so you can get right into double essence worms, and go Mind over Matter to beef up your effective HP. Maybe it's time to move on from tabula. A 5l inpulsa will set you back about 40c, a 6l agnerod about 45c, and a 5l agnerod about 4c.

it's reasonable to start switching to the inpulsa setup (so the brand switch) even if i haven't hitted 83? and in case what skills should i drop with the 5l setup instead of 6l (for both inpulsa and agnerod)?
"
hiei27 wrote:

it's reasonable to start switching to the inpulsa setup (so the brand switch) even if i haven't hitted 83? and in case what skills should i drop with the 5l setup instead of 6l (for both inpulsa and agnerod)?

Before I get into that, apparently there's still 6 more points you can get from campaign quests. Not to mention you have too many healing flasks. You get much more survivability from something like diamond (kill before getting killed) and quartz than 2 extra healing.

Here's something I wrote maybe 3 weeks ago, and what follows is OP's response.

"
Fyregrass wrote:
"
radiostar01 wrote:
Leveling from a10 to storm brand capable (80-83) feels pretty tedious. Heist and delve kills me, breaches kill me, cant do more than 1 ultimatum wave. And barely make a dent on metamorphs.

Any tips for someone crawling to 83?

Edit: Nvm. Switched to storm brand early.

Hey there just wanted to let you know that the LightningSlinger set up is a league starter tool and not something you should be running mid league unless you are new to the game, just like most other league starters that get to red maps on a 4 link, it's not really supposed to excel at league mechanics, although I did take it to red maps on stream this league to show others how to do so. For the sake of feedback, did I not make this clear in the PoB section? How could I better inform people of this?
Last edited by radiostar01 on May 18, 2021, 8:48:18 AM
"
radiostar01 wrote:
"
hiei27 wrote:

Before I get into that, apparently there's still 6 more points you can get from campaign quests. Not to mention you have too many healing flasks. You get much more survivability from something like diamond (kill before getting killed) and quartz than 2 extra healing.

i think i got all the possible points from quests all around the campaign (finished it now) and i stil need to hit at least lv 68 to switch to inpulsa and rearrange my resistances

for flasks, i can't really use 4 of them w/o screwing the timing every single time ><

edit: i tried a white tier 2 map, i lost 50% and i haven't even reached the boss, i must be doing something wrong
Last edited by hiei27 on May 18, 2021, 9:52:30 AM
Any gear change I can make to drastically improve my survivability? I finished maybe 40-50% of my ultimatums due to randomly being one shot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info