[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

"
mantol456 wrote:
Update 3.16: Based on the new 3.16 atlas passive changes & evasion nerfs, this build will not be available from the start of the league as I'll leaguestart in 3.16 and see if the build design principle still works (tanky ice shot). Until then, stay tuned.

p.s. also sorry to previous posters for not replying, I was inactive for 3.15 as I gave up on it quite soon into the league and played other games. I assume the discussion is on the build itself, which I won't revisit since there's major atlas changes in 3.16.

The 3.16 tree is out now in the community fork, if you happen to have any time to look at it before Friday. I've been playing ES builds for the last... many leagues, and I remembered this one when I was thinking about league starting as a bow (& life) build for a change. I might just go for it blind anyway and hope for the best, but evasion life builds definitely got hit the hardest by the changes. Meanwhile ES is largely the same and armor just got buffed, I think.
What are thoughts on rare quivers as an option now that they are getting a massive buff to added elemental damage prefixes?
"
KISAXX wrote:
Lioneye's Fall 3.16 usles or not ?

looks ok to me but we lost the leech ofc:
https://i.imgur.com/8dAwTeE.png
Update: I've made some changes to accommodate the build for 3.16, and I have to say, I don't think the build concept (tanky ice shot) is any longer feasible, so it's back to standard evasion build and you'd probably die more. The build should still be playable, but I'm sad the build peaked at 3.13 and only starts going down from there.

Anyway here's the POB if anyone's interested (still WIP as it's not tested yet for now), pending Tornado skill gem to see viability and some item changes in the new patch:

https://pastebin.com/01tuhJSL

Some core changes to note:
-Automated Hydrosphere, curse (Sniper's Mark) and potentially Tornado via Asenath's Chant circlet. Helmet enchant can be Herald of Ice / Summon Skitterbots

-Added Ensnaring Arrow as source of DPS since other spells are now automated (only need 1 stack on enemy for extra damage)

-Spell Suppression will be 101% - always on (Hyrri's Ire gives 30% spell suppression according to early patch notes + 71% from base)

-Take Ghost Shroud for extra eHP recovery (ES source from Voidfletcher + Asenath's Chant). Only spec in endgame since no ES otherwise.

-Thinking of taking Focal Point instead of Wind Ward since not confident build can evade enough hits to keep high stacks of Gale Force. Need to understand Focal Point's less damage taken effects too.

-Source of blind is from abyss jewel / cluster jewel 'Disorienting Display'

-Loss of defense from not taking Wind Ward and Wind Dancer.
Justification as follows:

Wind Ward - We no longer dodge spells, which increases the amount of time we're hit, so we might not get to build up the stacks to reap the full benefit of it in juiced contents.

Wind Dancer - Chances are with the new calculations the build will have less total chance to not be hit from loss of dodge, and also, Seriously GGG? Who'd take a mini-abyssus for a potential to reduce 1 hit? That 1 hit might even be a small brush and you multiply ALL following hits thereafter for atleast 4 second.

All in all I think the DPS is okay for post-3.15 (Do note the full DPS does not calculates additional from voidshots, ice shot cone from hydrosphere, and possibly Tornado if it's feasible. Just that the defenses are not looking so good, so I might have to take down the 'Deceivingly Tanky' statement from the title. Also note that the gear is from my 3.13 ritual character, so DPS with actual gear for 3.16 should be good enough at 70-80% of that POB numbers.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Last edited by mantol456 on Oct 20, 2021, 7:50:37 AM
"
fichi wrote:
People are saying the passive tree has been nerfed is this true? also does this build work as league starter and it clears well and decent bossing?

Yeah evasion build defenses are nerfed in general, and some nodes with built in niches have been sliced off and put into mastery node (need to spend more nodes)

"
KISAXX wrote:
Lioneye's Fall 3.16 usles or not ?

Location changed to Shadow tree near the dagger & claw nodes. Should still be fine (dagger node is good, claw node is so-so). Better masteries though than bow nodes.

"
kriell wrote:
The 3.16 tree is out now in the community fork, if you happen to have any time to look at it before Friday. I've been playing ES builds for the last... many leagues, and I remembered this one when I was thinking about league starting as a bow (& life) build for a change. I might just go for it blind anyway and hope for the best, but evasion life builds definitely got hit the hardest by the changes. Meanwhile ES is largely the same and armor just got buffed, I think.

TBH evasion builds got dumpstered hard, as if they don't die often enough already as it is. Probably all because max dodge raider was the notable build from last league. True in GGG way, they made indirect nerfs and the collateral damage to other build becomes huge.

"
pizza wrote:
looks ok to me but we lost the leech ofc:
https://i.imgur.com/8dAwTeE.png

We can still use the mana leech node near the bottom right, and life leech we get from the amulet. But still, nerfed the original node and put into mastery so you'd need to spend even more points.

"
MagnusParvus wrote:
What are thoughts on rare quivers as an option now that they are getting a massive buff to added elemental damage prefixes?

I still don't think they're worth it over Voidfletcher, because of void shot.
Last edited by mantol456 on Oct 19, 2021, 6:46:05 AM
This build got heavily nerfed ironically by the defence change. Very hard to get 150% inc life from tree, nobody playing ranger invested in %inc evasion meanwhile ES build get %es with %inc evas, Wind Dancer nerf, its almost mandatory to pick suppress nodes and get 100%. If played like 3.15, expect to die a lot, exponentially!
I did a iceshot deadeye in delirium. haven't changed her too much but I have kept her up to date with 3.15.

I don't plan on playing scourge this league and I will dabbble in softcore standard.

I have done my own Pob with the 3.16 tree.

I am just wondering how you would convert my build to 3.16 passive point allocation wise?

also, since I have barrage is it worth swapping my enlighten 4 for a naked hyrdosphere to shotgun with ice shot?

https://pastebin.com/j6vaxPiM

Hope this isn't much to ask for, looking for advice

also my 2 cents on the defense changes for ranger. My deadeye wasn't tanky before, and the removal of dodge has more or less gutted what ever EHP I did have (currently have a whimsical 11k EHP in 3.15)
Last edited by pocket951 on Oct 19, 2021, 4:44:33 PM
I'm trying something on pob. I'm not used to create builds or anything, but i tried to still use the acrobatics, and get 75% spell dodge using magebane and atziri's step.

I did something to calculate the damage with cone + arrow hit + void shot but i dont know if its correct (its probably not). If someone can take a look, and see what can I change to do it correctly, i'll be grateful.

https://pastebin.com/75jYuvJP

I didn't put any item that is worth more than 1 ex, I think.
It's a newbie pob, and it has probably a lot of mistakes, but maybe I can learn something of this attempt.
"
lemonpopplar wrote:
This build got heavily nerfed ironically by the defence change. Very hard to get 150% inc life from tree, nobody playing ranger invested in %inc evasion meanwhile ES build get %es with %inc evas, Wind Dancer nerf, its almost mandatory to pick suppress nodes and get 100%. If played like 3.15, expect to die a lot, exponentially!

Hardly ironic, it's to be expected of GGG nowadays. 1 build were too meta from the previous league (Dodge raider) and they multi-pronged nerf everything and that leaves collateral damage to everyone nearby. Also masquerading defense nerfs as buffs. What may improve this league is the existence of gear scourging mechanics, but we'll see.

"
pocket951 wrote:
I did a iceshot deadeye in delirium. haven't changed her too much but I have kept her up to date with 3.15.

I don't plan on playing scourge this league and I will dabbble in softcore standard.

I have done my own Pob with the 3.16 tree.

I am just wondering how you would convert my build to 3.16 passive point allocation wise?

also, since I have barrage is it worth swapping my enlighten 4 for a naked hyrdosphere to shotgun with ice shot?

https://pastebin.com/j6vaxPiM

Hope this isn't much to ask for, looking for advice

also my 2 cents on the defense changes for ranger. My deadeye wasn't tanky before, and the removal of dodge has more or less gutted what ever EHP I did have (currently have a whimsical 11k EHP in 3.15)

You've done your POB in 3.16, but need to convert to 3.16? Don't quite understand. Also your build is using the 2 6L Barrage/Ice shot build, so I can't really comment on it much as it relies on a different concept than mine.

In the case of Barrage, if your Barrage DPS is not at least greater than 2X of your Ice Shot DPS, use Ice Shot as your main skill instead with hydrosphere. Hydrosphere simply doubles the DPS due to Ice Shot arrow + cone overlapping, hitting enemies twice. Then you can consider swapping in Barrage support to your Ice Shot for bossing.

"
Absents wrote:
I'm trying something on pob. I'm not used to create builds or anything, but i tried to still use the acrobatics, and get 75% spell dodge using magebane and atziri's step.

I did something to calculate the damage with cone + arrow hit + void shot but i dont know if its correct (its probably not). If someone can take a look, and see what can I change to do it correctly, i'll be grateful.

https://pastebin.com/75jYuvJP

I didn't put any item that is worth more than 1 ex, I think.
It's a newbie pob, and it has probably a lot of mistakes, but maybe I can learn something of this attempt.

Just FYI, items with inherent spell dodge mod is now replaced with spell suppression, but not yet updated in POB.

I wouldn't try calculating actual DPS in POB, mostly because I don't really know how they calculate the POB numbers for voidshot in full DPS so I can scale it properly (additional arrow / overlap aoe / etc.?) and voidshot itself contributes to alot of the build's DPS. Ice shot cone simply doubles the Ice shot DPS due to arrow + cone hitting the enemy.

On the build itself, they'd definitely cost more than 1ex (6L gear, Hyrri's Ire, Voidfletcher, Death's Opus, Lioneye Jewel are quite substantial, more so during early league) so I'm just trying to manage your expectation. Anyway:

-The mastery inc. crit chance from spell suppression doesn't seem to work with acrobatics if converted to spell dodge, not sure working as intended or a bug.
-Not sure what you fiddled around with in your POB but your DPS is extremely weak at a 6L support. To give a comparison my build (provided, with end game gear but using Death's Opus) could get higher DPS at 1L (only Ice Shot, no support). Tried skimming through your POB but I'm not sure why it's like that.

It's good that you tried to create your own build, but my advice is if you're trying to learn on how to do it better is by following a build guide to the letter (not necessarily mine) and make changes later based on your experience with it. For example you're willing to sacrifice some DPS for defense, make changes according to it with that goal in mind. Some people prefer more DPS, so they can forgo some of the defense mechanics that I've specced into and so on.
Last edited by mantol456 on Oct 19, 2021, 10:04:08 PM
"
mantol456 wrote:

You've done your POB in 3.16, but need to convert to 3.16? Don't quite understand.

I am curious how you would build the passive tree with my build in 3.16 because you have different set of ideas and thoughts and knowledge when it comes to iceshot builds. I just want to see what you would do differently so I can compare your ideal build to mine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info