[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

"
pocket951 wrote:

I am curious how you would build the passive tree with my build in 3.16 because you have different set of ideas and thoughts and knowledge when it comes to iceshot builds. I just want to see what you would do differently so I can compare your ideal build to mine.

Oh I made a post on my WIP POB few posts back, I'll link it to the front page.

Anyway here it is:
https://pastebin.com/01tuhJSL

You can read my comments on the WIP version few posts back.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
"
mantol456 wrote:

Just FYI, items with inherent spell dodge mod is now replaced with spell suppression, but not yet updated in POB.

I wouldn't try calculating actual DPS in POB, mostly because I don't really know how they calculate the POB numbers for voidshot in full DPS so I can scale it properly (additional arrow / overlap aoe / etc.?) and voidshot itself contributes to alot of the build's DPS. Ice shot cone simply doubles the Ice shot DPS due to arrow + cone hitting the enemy.

On the build itself, they'd definitely cost more than 1ex (6L gear, Hyrri's Ire, Voidfletcher, Death's Opus, Lioneye Jewel are quite substantial, more so during early league) so I'm just trying to manage your expectation. Anyway:

-The mastery inc. crit chance from spell suppression doesn't seem to work with acrobatics if converted to spell dodge, not sure working as intended or a bug.
-Not sure what you fiddled around with in your POB but your DPS is extremely weak at a 6L support. To give a comparison my build (provided, with end game gear but using Death's Opus) could get higher DPS at 1L (only Ice Shot, no support). Tried skimming through your POB but I'm not sure why it's like that.

It's good that you tried to create your own build, but my advice is if you're trying to learn on how to do it better is by following a build guide to the letter (not necessarily mine) and make changes later based on your experience with it. For example you're willing to sacrifice some DPS for defense, make changes according to it with that goal in mind. Some people prefer more DPS, so they can forgo some of the defense mechanics that I've specced into and so on.

Got it, I learned about the changes with the spell dodge mod a few minutes later than my post, and thanks for spending your time to take a look at the pob. Usually I do what you are saying here, follow a build guide to the letter and changing when I think it'll suit my playstyle. I just tried to do something, just to take a look on eHP that we could get using acrobatics. And you are right didn't even thought about the 6L gear when I said that. I'll probably follow your guide, my attempt was kinda like "hey look what I did, maybe it'll help u giving some different idea, and i'll try to learn something of it".

Thank you so much again for the answer!
was looking at the defenses stats of your build in the original post 130K Ehp.. now with your 3.16 WIP its only 25k?

ranger defenses weren't just cut in half. It was gutted, taken out back to be shot, and then shot again repeatedly.

I wonder what class/ascendancy distribution will look like on league start
"
Absents wrote:

Got it, I learned about the changes with the spell dodge mod a few minutes later than my post, and thanks for spending your time to take a look at the pob. Usually I do what you are saying here, follow a build guide to the letter and changing when I think it'll suit my playstyle. I just tried to do something, just to take a look on eHP that we could get using acrobatics. And you are right didn't even thought about the 6L gear when I said that. I'll probably follow your guide, my attempt was kinda like "hey look what I did, maybe it'll help u giving some different idea, and i'll try to learn something of it".

Thank you so much again for the answer!

I could spec into more defense, but there should be a middle-ground balance between offense & defense which my old build version used to achieve. Ultimately, POE is still a zoom-zoom game which favors clear speed in the end. I'll be fiddling around the build later to see how feels compared to my old one and see if I need to make any changes here and there.

"
pocket951 wrote:
was looking at the defenses stats of your build in the original post 130K Ehp.. now with your 3.16 WIP its only 25k?

ranger defenses weren't just cut in half. It was gutted, taken out back to be shot, and then shot again repeatedly.

I wonder what class/ascendancy distribution will look like on league start

Yeah, it lost Wind Dancer, Wind Ward feasability, and finally Aspect of the Crab, which all depends on not being hit consistently enough (spell dodge>spell suppression). Honestly I hate how Wind Dancer is absolutely dead, I don't think it makes any sense at all with the updated values. Increased damage taken is brutal on any character.

Do remember though, the current POB's eHP value is not being updated as it still does not reflect actual with the spell suppression, new evasion rating calculation & focal point less damage taken, so I'm still abit hopeful.

Eitherway, I've leaguestarted Ice Shot on/off since Prophecy league, so I'm no stranger to self-inflicted pain haha.
Last edited by mantol456 on Oct 22, 2021, 1:55:31 AM
Did you league start 3.16 with this? I've been trying it and so far not bad.
Im glad i started with this on 3.16.
Build concept still holds up, its possible to be "tanky" with evasion and spell suppresion stacking, although i gave up life for more dps. Ghost shrouds is really cool and kinda works as better version of wind dancer if you invest in es/ev nodes ( pathing to es is troublesome now on ranger, thats why i will try to squeeze in Energy from within before i find a decemt legion jewel).
started with ice shot, at the begining i felt a little clunky, died sometimes but now i feel comfortable with the build
Playing ice shot this league kinda happy with it got lucky this league and got some gear that works with the build so far
I know rings need to upgrade them asap but for now can clear scourge mobs easy
Spoiler
Last edited by ncredible on Oct 29, 2021, 5:30:38 AM
"
Manowhite wrote:
Im glad i started with this on 3.16.
Build concept still holds up, its possible to be "tanky" with evasion and spell suppresion stacking, although i gave up life for more dps. Ghost shrouds is really cool and kinda works as better version of wind dancer if you invest in es/ev nodes ( pathing to es is troublesome now on ranger, thats why i will try to squeeze in Energy from within before i find a decemt legion jewel).

Yeah life is irrelevent, I was able to do sirus a8, uber elder etc with around 3k life. Capped suppression and high evade works fine..
Ok here's a 1st week update of my leaguestart Ice Shot build. All in all it still feels like the the guide, only abit less tanky. I guess Spell Suppression helps alot (not really sure on which attacks constitutes as spell vs as phys). Eitherway here's my week 1 items (got quite lucky this league with some of the items tbh, so your mileage may vary)

Current POB:
https://pastebin.com/rJAMtu0K

Currently missing are a corrupted voidfletcher, 3 nodes large cluster jewel (maybe?), elusive boots and maybe a nicer belt. Will elaborate abit further on the build soon.
Last edited by mantol456 on Oct 30, 2021, 10:22:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info