[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

Guys anyone have a Passive Skill tree guide please? and if possible, an order how to point them since i'm only lvl 74. Much appreciated!
"
mantol456 wrote:
Ok here's a 1st week update of my leaguestart Ice Shot build. All in all it still feels like the the guide, only abit less tanky. I guess Spell Suppression helps alot (not really sure on which attacks constitutes as spell vs as phys). Eitherway here's my week 1 items (got quite lucky this league with some of the items tbh, so your mileage may vary)

Current POB:
https://pastebin.com/rJAMtu0K

Currently missing are a corrupted voidfletcher, 3 nodes large cluster jewel (maybe?), elusive boots and maybe a nicer belt. Will elaborate abit further on the build soon.

Ok so here goes:
On skill gems,
Main link of Ice Shot always refer to POB for actual link. Early on, added cold damage is significantly better than cold penetration until you get a high amount of flat cold damage, so transition to cold pen later. Awakened added cold damage should be higher DPS vs Hypothermia once levelled.

For aura, once you get summon skitterbot enchant (inc. reservation efficiency), you don't need enlighten to link it with Bonechill. Also Aspect of the Crab is still good since it reacts when physical damage taken, not attacks / spell shanenigans.

For automated cast in Asenath's Chant, tornado unfortunately doesn't work as it will only re-cast it without it reflecting it's damage taken. Otherwise Sniper Marks, Hydrosphere and (Divergent) Purifying Flame for inc. damage taken..

For gearing,
- Asenath's Chant is very high on priority list early on (even more than 5L Hyrri's Ire), so aim for that. Use Praxix Paua ring during levelling for - mana cost for sustaining the autocasts (before using Mark of the Elder + Rare ring with - mana cost).
- High DPS cold bow (don't need added projectile as much, Sniper Marks on autocast + Chain really helps with the clearing)
- Incursion gloves with 'inc. damage with hits against chilled enemies' are better than intimidate gloves since they're near equivalent and also much cheaper.
- Brutal Restraint Jewel for endgame got a huge buff in terms of radius coverage of new tree, making it easier to roll

Overall I would say it's not half bad, though admittedly it was better (tankier) before. I got lucky with alot of my gearing, but I'd say all in all my current gears costs me roughly 10ex.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Last edited by mantol456 on Oct 31, 2021, 12:37:50 AM
"
Manowhite wrote:
Im glad i started with this on 3.16.
Build concept still holds up, its possible to be "tanky" with evasion and spell suppresion stacking, although i gave up life for more dps. Ghost shrouds is really cool and kinda works as better version of wind dancer if you invest in es/ev nodes ( pathing to es is troublesome now on ranger, thats why i will try to squeeze in Energy from within before i find a decemt legion jewel).

Do note that Ghost Shroud does not mitigate damage like Wind Dancer, only recovers back. So your effective eHP does not really improve per se for 1 hits. Also, you don't really need to spec into ES nodes. The ES/point is not really worth it IMO.

"
lambert10333 wrote:
Guys anyone have a Passive Skill tree guide please? and if possible, an order how to point them since i'm only lvl 74. Much appreciated!

Hello, just download the POB and path for DPS most of the time for early game.
How do you convert all physical damage to cold damage in the first build you have shown?
Last edited by gandula on Oct 31, 2021, 7:26:58 AM
"
gandula wrote:
How do you convert all physical damage to cold damage in the first build you have shown?

Go for mastery point via Fangs of Frost wheel (near Point Blank). Do note the frenzy wouldn't be 100% cold, so you're still not phys immune.

Anyway crafted the elusive boots for <10 ex, feeling pretty good now.

I was wondering where you got your bow for this league if it was crafted or not..

And if you bought it, what exactly are you looking for? Just high cold damage and crit multi?

I'm also surprised you don't opt for Dying Sun with having a bow with no extra proj, is it just not needed with sniper's mark?

Thanks
Please write down the order of purchasing the equipment. From the most important ones.
Hi, I've been playing for 2 leagues at poe and now i try to don't follow perfectly a build but "customize" one a little, u can see all on the pob i linked. Atm I don't plan to add a cluster jewel or a timeless jewel but maybe i can change idea.

My plan to improve the build is:
get the skitterbots mana reservation enchant from Uber Lab
get a good rare bow (smth around 20/30ex)
change gems with different quality to get more crit chanche
get boots with elusive and onslaught
get shaper ring with "Non-Channelling Skills have (-7--6) to Total Mana Cost" and cold damage
get belt with %life, high flat life, ele dmg
improve evasion to 35k+ with grace active

Do u have any advice?
I'm still trying to figure out:
which gem use on the 6link armour
if change tornado with smth else on the CWDT
wich mods use on a good rare bow
wich is the better order to improve my equip

Current POB :
Little update: I got luck with timless jewel and now i've 229strenght, i got steelskin 21 20 and 4255hp

Last edited by davyray on Nov 1, 2021, 8:00:52 PM
hey there, i'm trying to follow your build but tweaking the items/skills in my POB to as close as yours, i still can't reach even half of your DPS. am i missing anything or doing something wrong?

https://pastebin.com/zS1PeqFQ
Last edited by quantumcrimsonx on Nov 1, 2021, 9:09:31 PM
"
kittyyyyy wrote:
I was wondering where you got your bow for this league if it was crafted or not..

And if you bought it, what exactly are you looking for? Just high cold damage and crit multi?

I'm also surprised you don't opt for Dying Sun with having a bow with no extra proj, is it just not needed with sniper's mark?

Thanks

I bought it for 1 ex, not having additional projectiles really brings down the prices of endgame bows (as in, most poeple don't even consider it). I've set the trade to filter >1.6 aps, >7% crit, >400 DPS bows, added cold damage to attack affix and just see what I got as I slowly upgrades throughout mapping. Clearing wise you don't need Dying Sun, but having it is quite good for Voidfletcher. Unfortunately it got nerfed and sustaining it is not as easy as before so I'd skip it.

"
anap911 wrote:
Please write down the order of purchasing the equipment. From the most important ones.

This is a difficult topic as incremental upgrades depends on the market prices, so it's not a fixed thing. Eitherway I'd prioritize:
5L rares > Asenath's Chant > 5L Hyrri > Hyrri truth amulet > the rest heavily depends on market price.

All those while always looking for better, affordable bows. Death's Opus is great if you have Voidfletcher, which most of the time you probably don't due to pricing, so you can skip that IMO.

"
davyray wrote:
Hi, I've been playing for 2 leagues at poe and now i try to don't follow perfectly a build but "customize" one a little, u can see all on the pob i linked. Atm I don't plan to add a cluster jewel or a timeless jewel but maybe i can change idea.

My plan to improve the build is:
get the skitterbots mana reservation enchant from Uber Lab
get a good rare bow (smth around 20/30ex)
change gems with different quality to get more crit chanche
get boots with elusive and onslaught
get shaper ring with "Non-Channelling Skills have (-7--6) to Total Mana Cost" and cold damage
get belt with %life, high flat life, ele dmg
improve evasion to 35k+ with grace active

Do u have any advice?
I'm still trying to figure out:
which gem use on the 6link armour
if change tornado with smth else on the CWDT
wich mods use on a good rare bow
wich is the better order to improve my equip

Current POB :
Little update: I got luck with timless jewel and now i've 229strenght, i got steelskin 21 20 and 4255hp

You shared back my own POB, just FYI. Anyway you gem link is should be OK, I used Hypothermia as 6th link because it was the best then, I believe a fully leveled awakened added cold is better as an endgame 6L. Not sure why you want to change from Tornado, as I can't really think up of anything better. For the bow, just filter in trade >1.6 APS, >7% crit > 400 DPS and maybe put in required affix of 'added cold damage'. For reference I bought my current one for 1 ex, which is real steal.

Order of items as mentioned above, depends entirely on %improvement vs market price, it changes from day to day so I can't really give any advice on that

"
hey there, i'm trying to follow your build but tweaking the items/skills in my POB to as close as yours, i still can't reach even half of your DPS. am i missing anything or doing something wrong?

https://pastebin.com/zS1PeqFQ

Hello, first off you didn't tick anything inside your POB configuration tab to properly reflect your DPS so there's that. Then your gearing is missing a lot of what's contributing to my build's DPS, for example not using Hyrri's Chest, Replica Hyrri's amulet, Asenath's Chant, so on and so forth. Not to mention, your setup is also not able to generate frenzy & power charges, not using Hydrosphere, skitterbots, etc. The build is quite fine-tuned in that sense that if you skipped some of them you're not going to get nearly the same results.

It's abit much to go through 1 by 1, try to have a look back at the POB again and see the differences in the setup and build from there. Btw that's a very nice corrupted Voidfletcher that you have.
Last edited by mantol456 on Nov 2, 2021, 12:45:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info