🌬️⛵☁️[3.25X] The Arachnophobia Allstars|Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 100M

Hi Chromino,

First of, thanks for the builds, played them several times in previous leagues, and had a lot of fun with them! :)

I am curious, have you decided on which class/ascendancy you are starting yourself or still awaiting more info?
+++++ [3.23] Afflictions arriving +++++

+++++ All PoB's are updated.+++++

● Started updating the build (skills like firestorm of pelting and static ball-lightnings added etc.)

● Added some advices for the affliction-ascendancies (new charms, mark of penance)

● Improved the pob's

● Added a new cyclone set-up channelling blazing salvo - returning projectiles

● Added new levelling boot Kahuturoa's Certainty, unaffected by poison, when the golden rule is early wanted to use

● Added new malevolence (instead grace) variation against Ubers
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 7, 2023, 3:23:37 AM
Hello, how does the build perform with the loss of the helmet enchant affecting the mana reservation for our Herald of Agony?
"
ImZouzou wrote:
Hello, how does the build perform with the loss of the helmet enchant affecting the mana reservation for our Herald of Agony?

Hi ImZouzou!

Mana will be enough.

Simply remove one medium cluster pure agony, insert instead a second small cluster with 3 passives 6% efficiencies and "sublime form" or "uncompromising". Both has the same efficiences as the HoA-helmet enchant.
I deleted the HoA helmet-enchant in the final pob-item-set already too.

More possibilities like pathing to presage or getting unique medium clusters are possible too. Or Uul Netol amulet can be changed out for ashes of the stars, (total 5-15 more HoA virulences with the new HoA-gem, and many more buffed skills, etc.) and frees up a lot of mana.

The new HoA gem has default 5 more, total 45 HoA-virulences, so damage is only nerfed by 1% (300k). Attributes or resis are a bit easier to get with the added small cluster.

And more uptime of HoA virulences and damage will be ready with the great fitting new firestorms and new ball-lightnings.

PoB-community-fork did not updated the skills, so I wait a bit too. Add manually around 4.7M more damage in the pob for the 5 more HoA-virulences by default in 3.23.
I optimize the pob as soon as pob-community-fork update the new gems.
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 7, 2023, 6:34:14 PM
"
Dividedbz wrote:
Hi Chromino,

First of, thanks for the builds, played them several times in previous leagues, and had a lot of fun with them! :)

I am curious, have you decided on which class/ascendancy you are starting yourself or still awaiting more info?

Thank you Dividedbz!

I probably start this time as trickster and want to try out HoA with the trickster-defences as well as the animated weapon of self-reflect... After 12 leagues playing HoA I need some other skills - but ordinary I return always to HoA again, it's such a nice satisfying playstyle and unmatched variable in so many aspects and skills.

I tried also to rank the ascendancies in the spoiler "Why Guardian? Why HoA?" when you search for HoA-ascendancy-optimizations:

Ascendancies__Guardian_Necro_Occu_Pathfinder

DPS singletarget___4______1____3___2

DPS high density___3______2____1___2

Tankyness_________1_____1.5___4___1

With mageblood____1_____1____2___1

Levelling Lvl 1-75__1______1____3___2

Gearing Lvl 60-95__2______3____3___1

The charm of the choice: Guardian has great damage in high density with minion-mastery-unholy-might (25% after kill), high nice es-regeneration, early full blockings and easy levelling with the radiant crusade-minion.

Pathfinder gets early an ascendancy-inbuilt mageblood and her 100% spell-suppression has some advantages against some Ubers.

For focus on damage and ubers-farming choose Necro.

Occultist is most squishy but scales top clearspeed with profane bloom.

- Melee HoP map slow, HoAg has huge range of attacks and 5-7 piercing projectiles. Enjoy full 2-3 x faster mapping, 2-3x more ehp with this build and 15-50M, 200-400% more damage.
Let's sting!

With the flexibility of skills generating JoA damage and the new ascendancies filling some wanted es-recharge and singletarget damage HoA will be in a strong place and with CI-tankyness and all defensive layers the returning ultimatums are much fun.

Last edited by Chromino on Dec 8, 2023, 2:52:20 AM
Comparing the PoBs, it doesn't look like the Necro actually does more damage. both are around 33M.

Is this accurate? If they are the same dmg might as well just play Guardian.

Which brings me to my second question...at max gear it only has 3700es? Isn't that like....super low?

Wouldn't you just die with less than 4k es?

I'm sure I'm just being stupid, someone please help
Hi,

Thanks for this guide I used it a few seasons ago and trying it again.
Charm might make this tank easier to build with free block/spell block/suppress chance.
Is guardian still good? It seems to have lost quite a lot both offensivly and defensivly.

Cheers

PS: Static ball lighting can reach 40 virulence by it self on a single static monster :)
Last edited by 88877 on Dec 9, 2023, 7:36:08 PM
"
Kurnis wrote:
Comparing the PoBs, it doesn't look like the Necro actually does more damage. both are around 33M.

Is this accurate? If they are the same dmg might as well just play Guardian.

Which brings me to my second question...at max gear it only has 3700es? Isn't that like....super low?

Wouldn't you just die with less than 4k es?

I'm sure I'm just being stupid, someone please help

Guardian reaches around 27M, Necro around 39M (with manually added 5 virulences more of the new HoA-skillgem, which are not displayed by pob-community-fork in the moment).
So a fullgeared Necro is far better fitting for ubers, but guardian has some advantages while levelling with the radiant-sentinel.

The build tanks easy a shaper-slam or sirus die-beam with iron reflexes on SoL because of high optimized layers of defences.
In juiced maps around 5-15M damage are enough, so in ordinary content you can also balance much more stacking into es on the clusters and an on the passive-tree when wanted for even more immortality.
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 9, 2023, 9:38:51 PM
All the work put into this builds notes, trees, skills, items is nothing short of brilliant!

Thanks for the great build and awesome instruction manual that came with it bro! :)
Thanks so much for the awesome guide! I’ve played your spider version before and now going to try this one and as guardian.

Probably a stupid question, but is there something wrong with the POB? For example if I look at the tree for 85 CI, there are only points allocated up to lvl 62 (and I’m too stupid to find out where to put the other ~20 points best) :(

Thanks for any advice and for an awesome guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info