Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

I'm still plugging away. Enjoying this builds dynamics and synergy. I still miss the max block reactive build from a couple of leagues ago, but I do like the ranged aspect that minions allow for.

I've tweaked your awesome build a bit and would like honest feedback please.

I replaced Purifying Flame with Summon Holy Relic. I try not to stand still for too long and I felt like even though PF might be better in terms of regen, it requires 1) being able to see it's effect which I cannot always do and 2) stating within it's confines which is not always safely possible. The SHR on the other hand is dummy proof meaning I don't have to worry about it. Set it and forget it - so to speak. Because of the switch, I am raising my CWDT threshold to proc at around 1k damage taken. (Level 7ish) I will raise linked gems accordingly. This MAY slightly diminish my Desecrate/Spirit Offering but at the same time, not really since with higher levels comes higher rewards. While this is a ranged build, I find myself trying to stay MINIMUM SAFE distance and as such, my HP fluctuates often between 100% and 75%.

I removed my Summon Chaos Golem from the linked CWDT and moved it to a Hungy Loop ring. I was super lucky to double corrupt the Chaos Golem gem with 21/23%. That combined with Meat Shield, Minion Life, Elemental Army and Minion Speed pretty much makes my golem pretty darn tough. Certainly not unkillable, but he's much tankier than I am.

I removed the Feeding Frenzy from the previous golem CWDT link. This left me with two open gem sockets. I filled them with Withering Step and Increased Duration. The latter I feel helps not only the WS but also the Steelskin gem. I've yet to play around with Phase Run and test it. I may or may not swap WS for PR in the future. I chose to level this CWDT link so that CWDT procs at 2200 damage taken. (Level 15).

I'm using Flame Dash in the Blasphemy/Temporal Chains link.

My gear is a work in progress, but I'm excited about my gloves. I was able to craft a pair of Redeemer influenced Titan Gauntlets with T1 life and T1 global chance to blind. I then was fortunate enough to Regal it and obtained a decent T3 +DeX roll. I master crafted 20% minion damage. So, not too bad at all. My intention is to Harvest craft a split Armor/Life prefix as well as an additional resist for the open suffix.

I recently 6 linked my chest. The extra dps is certainly nice, but I now have 1149 mana of which 1127 is reserved. This of course leaves 22 available which isn't much when BladeFall costs 16 and an emergency Flame Dadh costs 20.

The one glaring thing that my tweaked build is missing is Feeding Frenzy. Any idea how to incorporate it? I'm leaning towards getting Golem Commander as Amulet annoint and then making another Hungry Loop for a second Golem and adding Feeding Frenzy to that HL along with Life, Elemental Army and Speed. This would of course further diminish my already pitiful Life pool and force some tinkering with resists on gear to keep max resists all around.

Speaking of life, I crafted the cluster jewel with Fiesting Fiends, Call to Slaughter and Renewal. I was then "forced" to sacrifice some passives in order to slot the cluster on the tree. Any future passives will be allocated to life. I may even try to swap to a 4 passive medium cluster jewel without the Renewal (but keeping the FF and CtS). This might be a good compromise between dps and life.

As always, thanks for reading my wall of text. Anyone uscwelcomed to comment and constructively criticize.

On final note on those gloves, it is possible to alt spam and actually get t1 blind like I have and also a redeemer influenced version of minion damage. Depending on the item level of the gloves, that minion damage could be as high as 40% instead of crafted 30%.

Thanks

Edit: oh yeah, another distinct tweak in the build revolves around flasks. With the implementation of WS or PR, I felt the phasing flasks weren't as essential. As such I replaced with Armor flasks. I intentionally made my first used life flask a 50% instant now and 50% over time. With this in mind, when i sense danger or a big pull coming, I pop R1 and L1 and thus trigger a heal over time as well as a substantial damage reduction. I rinse/repeat as needed and if I see that I am taking substantial damage, I use up arrow to trigger my Blood of Karui - highly recommended flask.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Feb 18, 2021, 6:07:00 PM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
I'm still plugging away. Enjoying this builds dynamics and synergy. I still miss the max block reactive build from a couple of leagues ago, but I do like the ranged aspect that minions allow for.

I've tweaked your awesome build a bit and would like honest feedback please.

I replaced Purifying Flame with Summon Holy Relic. I try not to stand still for too long and I felt like even though PF might be better in terms of regen, it requires 1) being able to see it's effect which I cannot always do and 2) stating within it's confines which is not always safely possible. The SHR on the other hand is dummy proof meaning I don't have to worry about it. Set it and forget it - so to speak. Because of the switch, I am raising my CWDT threshold to proc at around 1k damage taken. (Level 7ish) I will raise linked gems accordingly. This MAY slightly diminish my Desecrate/Spirit Offering but at the same time, not really since with higher levels comes higher rewards. While this is a ranged build, I find myself trying to stay MINIMUM SAFE distance and as such, my HP fluctuates often between 100% and 75%.

I removed my Summon Chaos Golem from the linked CWDT and moved it to a Hungy Loop ring. I was super lucky to double corrupt the Chaos Golem gem with 21/23%. That combined with Meat Shield, Minion Life, Elemental Army and Minion Speed pretty much makes my golem pretty darn tough. Certainly not unkillable, but he's much tankier than I am.

I removed the Feeding Frenzy from the previous golem CWDT link. This left me with two open gem sockets. I filled them with Withering Step and Increased Duration. The latter I feel helps not only the WS but also the Steelskin gem. I've yet to play around with Phase Run and test it. I may or may not swap WS for PR in the future. I chose to level this CWDT link so that CWDT procs at 2200 damage taken. (Level 15).

I'm using Flame Dash in the Blasphemy/Temporal Chains link.

My gear is a work in progress, but I'm excited about my gloves. I was able to craft a pair of Redeemer influenced Titan Gauntlets with T1 life and T1 global chance to blind. I then was fortunate enough to Regal it and obtained a decent T3 +DeX roll. I master crafted 20% minion damage. So, not too bad at all. My intention is to Harvest craft a split Armor/Life prefix as well as an additional resist for the open suffix.

I recently 6 linked my chest. The extra dps is certainly nice, but I now have 1149 mana of which 1127 is reserved. This of course leaves 22 available which isn't much when BladeFall costs 16 and an emergency Flame Dadh costs 20.

The one glaring thing that my tweaked build is missing is Feeding Frenzy. Any idea how to incorporate it? I'm leaning towards getting Golem Commander as Amulet annoint and then making another Hungry Loop for a second Golem and adding Feeding Frenzy to that HL along with Life, Elemental Army and Speed. This would of course further diminish my already pitiful Life pool and force some tinkering with resists on gear to keep max resists all around.

Speaking of life, I crafted the cluster jewel with Fiesting Fiends, Call to Slaughter and Renewal. I was then "forced" to sacrifice some passives in order to slot the cluster on the tree. Any future passives will be allocated to life. I may even try to swap to a 4 passive medium cluster jewel without the Renewal (but keeping the FF and CtS). This might be a good compromise between dps and life.

As always, thanks for reading my wall of text. Anyone uscwelcomed to comment and constructively criticize.

On final note on those gloves, it is possible to alt spam and actually get t1 blind like I have and also a redeemer influenced version of minion damage. Depending on the item level of the gloves, that minion damage could be as high as 40% instead of crafted 30%.

Thanks

Edit: oh yeah, another distinct tweak in the build revolves around flasks. With the implementation of WS or PR, I felt the phasing flasks weren't as essential. As such I replaced with Armor flasks. I intentionally made my first used life flask a 50% instant now and 50% over time. With this in mind, when i sense danger or a big pull coming, I pop R1 and L1 and thus trigger a heal over time as well as a substantial damage reduction. I rinse/repeat as needed and if I see that I am taking substantial damage, I use up arrow to trigger my Blood of Karui - highly recommended flask.
Nice dlvbrown1969!

Your changes look fun! I hope they work out! Smart call on maximizing your physical damage mitigation with flasks since you're phasing elsewhere. Good call.

In terms of where to put Feeding Frenzy, I'm not sure. Unfortunately, I'm totally slammed the next few days so I won't have much time for theory crafting other builds. Sorry. But, if you can put Feeding Frenzy on something that is automatically re-summoned for you, then you don't have to worry about the aggression that the gem gives the minions.

How's your PF setup working? I always ignore PF and just use it as an incidental bonus to defence. I never try to stay within it or watch for it. Do you find your offering is still up as much as you want?

That was a good read. I like hearing about what others are doing. The only real test for changes is how they fare the deeper you go. So let us know. Sorry my answer wasn't what you were aiming for.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thanks as always for reply.

With the current set up I am using, I have no problem doing 78 Heists. And, by no problem, I mean that my risk of death is negligible. Of course death can come at any time, but I can "kill everything" post lock down, loot post lock down. Just walk right out killing as I go. This is as compared to frantically trying to dash and hope. This weekend i plan to get further into red maps and then I will start getting 80+ heists. As of now, I have 10 watchstones equipped and Maven is at 2 or 3 in all zones. I have completed every map T11 or lower with bonus completion.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Feb 20, 2021, 4:12:49 PM
hello Wrecker

just hit 90 and still enjoying this a lot !! thank you again for posting this build, perfectly suits my play style of avoiding frantic multiple button setups.

question as I get into high yellow, low red level maps. in your write up, you mention avoiding maps with no regen but what about reflect physical? doesn't our bladefall hit with physical damage and as frequently as that is cast, with 14 blades, would think that could pile up a lot of reflected damage.
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks as always for reply.

With the current set up I am using, I gave6no problem doing 78 Heists. And, by no problem, I mean that my risk of death is negligible. Of course death can come at any time, but I can "kill everything" post lock down, loot post lock down. Just walk right out killing as I go. This is as compared to frantically trying to dash and hope. This weekend i plan to get further into red maps and then I will start getting 80+ heists. As of now, I have 10 watchstones equipped and Maven is at 2 or 3 in all zones. I have completed every map T11 or lower with bonus completion.
Awesome dlvbrown1969!

That's sweet. Good job! Nice work. It's awesome when Heists feel so good.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Feb 20, 2021, 12:48:55 PM
"
kendo3 wrote:
Spoiler
hello Wrecker

just hit 90 and still enjoying this a lot !! thank you again for posting this build, perfectly suits my play style of avoiding frantic multiple button setups.

question as I get into high yellow, low red level maps. in your write up, you mention avoiding maps with no regen but what about reflect physical? doesn't our bladefall hit with physical damage and as frequently as that is cast, with 14 blades, would think that could pile up a lot of reflected damage.
You're very kind and very correct kendo3!

For 3.14, I'll be removing Ethereal Knives as a permanent option. With EK, physical reflect isn't a big deal, but with Bladefall it is. I'll be updating my guides in the next week or two here with all the feedback I've been given and I will be adding Physical Reflect as a mod to avoid. Good call.

And thanks for the kind words. They mean a lot :).

Annnnnd

Today's a pretty easy day to run Uber Labs. Short 7 room farm for enchants. I managed to get 2% life regen on Boots. I've tried several times for animated weapon helmet enchant but no luck so far. My last run I got 40% increased Righteous Fire enchant. Am I crazy that I want to not enchant over this? Obviously RF doesn't help THIS build, but I know there are RF minion builds that would kill for this helmet and enchant...

Edit: looking over the RF golem build, I see this helm is not gfg for it. As such, I will keep trying for AW enchant
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Feb 22, 2021, 2:08:48 PM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Today's a pretty easy day to run Uber Labs. Short 7 room farm for enchants. I managed to get 2% life regen on Boots. I've tried several times for animated weapon helmet enchant but no luck so far. My last run I got 40% increased Righteous Fire enchant. Am I crazy that I want to not enchant over this? Obviously RF doesn't help THIS build, but I know there are RF minion builds that would kill for this helmet and enchant...

Edit: looking over the RF golem build, I see this helm is not gfg for it. As such, I will keep trying for AW enchant
Nice find dlvbrown1969!

Any RF boost is nice. If the item is a good base and item level for an RF build, totally keep it and see how you can use it.

Annnnnd

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:

Hi dlvbrown1969,
If I understand your build correctly, you stopped levelling the Summon Holy Relic to be able to be used with CWDT. I am on T3-4 maps, so I do not have much experience regarding this, but so far my HR was never destroyed (except for when I also died). My question is: why not level SHR to max so it provides better support, cast it after logging in (or after rebirth) and forget it. Does HR get destroyed more often later on?
Thank you.

And although I love PF (it hurts the evil and heals the good :)) I am also tinkering with dropping it for similar reasons, and trying to incorporate Withering Step and SHR. As I am working on a 2-button play build, I am thinking about casting Temporal Chains directly with a second button. I have some questions though:
1. would the animated weapons miss the life regen and increased critical chance of PF? As I have experienced, bosses (where it really matters) move around a lot.
2. if I cast TC directly, what are the best supports for it in the two remaining slots in my wand? I am thinking Enhance, Impending Doom, Increased Duration, but I may be completely wrong. Or maybe just one support and SHR?
Thanks a lot as always.
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hi dlvbrown1969,
If I understand your build correctly, you stopped levelling the Summon Holy Relic to be able to be used with CWDT. I am on T3-4 maps, so I do not have much experience regarding this, but so far my HR was never destroyed (except for when I also died). My question is: why not level SHR to max so it provides better support, cast it after logging in (or after rebirth) and forget it. Does HR get destroyed more often later on?
Thank you.

And although I love PF (it hurts the evil and heals the good :)) I am also tinkering with dropping it for similar reasons, and trying to incorporate Withering Step and SHR. As I am working on a 2-button play build, I am thinking about casting Temporal Chains directly with a second button. I have some questions though:
1. would the animated weapons miss the life regen and increased critical chance of PF? As I have experienced, bosses (where it really matters) move around a lot.
2. if I cast TC directly, what are the best supports for it in the two remaining slots in my wand? I am thinking Enhance, Impending Doom, Increased Duration, but I may be completely wrong. Or maybe just one support and SHR?
Thanks a lot as always.
Hey huoc!

In terms of PF's benefits for AW, you'd have to play with it for a while. The game is very circumstantial. You'd need to put yourself in a lot of different situations to see if you like life without PF.

And regarding self-casting curses, I haven't touched anything Doom-related since its inception so you're on your own there. Enhance and empower are always nice but they need to be worth the mana cost. Increased AoE or duration are also nice, but you need to play around with everything in gameplay. If you cast them lost, maybe you don't need duration or AoE. If you cast rarely, maybe you do.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info