Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

Hi huoc.

Thank you so much for reading and replying. Nice catch there on leveling up my SHR. I do love CWDT builds and "less is more" in terms of gem levels, but this is not one of those times. I will proceed to level the SHR to max.

On to my current quandary...

I've gotten some new gear since my last post. Some is still a work in progress as I seek to Harvest craft modifiers on to them. This brings me to my question.

I influenced my Vermillion ring with Hunter. One of the Hunter suffix is to "cast Despair on hit".

Currently in this build, I have a 20/20 Despair in it's original linked spot. From what i understand, if i chose to go with the Hunter cast on hit version, it would be around a lvl 6ish Despair.

Obviously this would be a downgrade in terms of Despair, but ... it would allow the Temporal Chains to be moved from it's Blasphemy link and into the Hextouch link instead of the Despair. Obviously removing the Despair as well as the no-longer-needed Blasphemy would then create TWO open gem slots.

This opens up a ton of possibilities for me. One is that I could remove my Chaos Golem from my super tanky Hungry Loop ring and move it to the open slots along with and linked to a Feeding Frenzy. The Hungry Loop I could either replace with a new Vermillion or I could stick an Animated Guardian inside of it ... right? Just thinking of that Fortify helping me stay alive gives me goosebumps. I am assuming I could do that of course. Idk.

I am sure there are other things that I could do as well - but all if it is a moot point IF we need the 20/20 Despair instead of the Hunter version.

Edit: one last thing (for now LOL), I added a Synthesize implicit to my chest. 20% to defend with double armour. I tried google, but failed. Is that only for the 700 armour of this chest piece? How often can it proc? Is it a "good" implicit for this build or should I look to replace if I am able?
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Feb 25, 2021, 6:32:43 PM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi huoc.

Thank you so much for reading and replying. Nice catch there on leveling up my SHR. I do love CWDT builds and "less is more" in terms of gem levels, but this is not one of those times. I will proceed to level the SHR to max.

I've gotten some new gear since my last post. Some is still a work in progress as I seek to Harvest craft modifiers on to them. This brings me to my question.

I influenced my Vermillion ring with Hunter. One of the Hunter suffix is to "cast Despair on hit".

Currently in this build, I have a 20/20 Despair in it's original linked spot. From what i understand, if i chose to go with the Hunter cast on hit version, it would be around a lvl 6ish Despair.

Obviously this would be a downgrade in terms of Despair, but ... it would allow the Temporal Chains to be moved from it's Blasphemy link and into the Hextouch link instead of the Despair. Obviously removing the Despair as well as the no-longer-needed Blasphemy would then create TWO open gem slots.

This opens up a ton of possibilities for me. One is that I could remove my Chaos Golem from my super tanky Hungry Loop ring and move it to the open slots along with and linked to a Feeding Frenzy. The Hungry Loop I could either replace with a new Vermillion or I could stick an Animated Guardian inside of it ... right? Just thinking of that Fortify helping me stay alive gives me goosebumps. I am assuming I could do that of course. Idk.

I am sure there are other things that I could do as well - but all if it is a moot point IF we need the 20/20 Despair instead of the Hunter version.

Edit: one last thing (for now LOL), I added a Synthesize implicit to my chest. 20% to defend with double armour. I tried google, but failed. Is that only for the 700 armour of this chest piece? How often can it proc? Is it a "good" implicit for this build or should I look to replace if I am able?
Decisions, decisions, dlvbrown1969! Good luck! ;)

20% chance to defend with double armour is a local reference. It'll only double the armour of the item the mod is on. There is no cooldown on it. It's just a 20% chance it'll come into play. We have no investment in Armour so it won't have too much value unfortunately.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi huoc.

Decisions, decisions, dlvbrown1969! Good luck! ;)

20% chance to defend with double armour is a local reference. It'll only double the armour of the item the mod is on. There is no cooldown on it. It's just a 20% chance it'll come into play. We have no investment in Armour so it won't have too much value unfortunately.

Thanks for confirmation on chest implicit. That is what I feared. Better than nothing, but not great.

As to the Despair gem ... is this build still viable with only a lvl 6ish Despair or does it "need" to have a lvl20 to work SUBSTANTIALLY better?

Also is there anything precluding AW and AG from being used in the same build?
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for confirmation on chest implicit. That is what I feared. Better than nothing, but not great.

As to the Despair gem ... is this build still viable with only a lvl 6ish Despair or does it "need" to have a lvl20 to work SUBSTANTIALLY better?

This build focuses on Curse Efficiency. So any mitigations to that, including lower gem levels, will really reduce the value of that gem's purpose. So make sure you're making up the difference in another way.

You're welcome to use AG if you like. Nothing in the build would conflict with Animate Guardian. You just have the hard choice of choosing what to cut to put it in.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler

This build focuses on Curse Efficiency. So any mitigations to that, including lower gem levels, will really reduce the value of that gem's purpose. So make sure you're making up the difference in another way.

You're welcome to use AG if you like. Nothing in the build would conflict with Animate Guardian. You just have the hard choice of choosing what to cut to put it in.

Thx. I'll mull it over. I'll post if I decide to go with the despair ring and AG ... and how it works. For now. It stays as is.
I realize that this build is based on SSF, but for those mere mortals like myself that play regular, I just wanted to chime in about this build in later end game. I've seen a few posts about t13/14 being a stopping point. I just ckeated my first t16. Caldera w/4 watchstones on A4. I ran it with a Zana mission and took another t16 from here. Jungle valley w/4 watchstones on A4. No deaths. No close calls. I did however di quite a bit of "off screen" killing - especially the Metamorphosis and Legion encounters as well as the Caldera boss.

Now, I have made a few tweaks to the original build, but my biggest jump came these past 2 days when I made an effort to regen with alternative gems. I had been saving my exalts and chaos and was feeling kind of stuck on t13/14. Now I no longer feel that way. Here are the gems I chose. If anyone sees a flaw in my logic, please don't hesitate to point it out. I am still a student of the game and have a lot to learn.

Anomalous Speslinger. Bigtime upgrade. 20% on your EK or BF to freeze, shock AND ignite.

Divergent Culling Strike. Recover 2% life when your culling Strike kills an enemy.

Divergent Desecrate. 60% chance to spawn additional corpse.

Awakened Minion Damage Support. Expensive, but worth it. Extra 10% damage from AW.

Awakened Added Chaos Damage Support. Surprisingly not expensive. Adds +1 to gem level of supported skill - AW.

Awakened Blasphemy Support. Probably too expensive for the gain it provides. Gives +1 to supported gem - Temporal Chains.

Anomalous Despair. 10% increased effect of curse.

Anomalous Steelskin. 10% additional damage absorbed by Steelskin.

In addition I am seeking 2x Divergent CWDT but atm cannot find any to buy. The Divergent reduce the damage threshold for the gem to proc.

I didn't keep track, but I'd guess I spent around 10x in total.

Imo, both Caldera and Jungle Valley are wat maps due to their linear nature. We'll see how other more difficult maps play out.

In the meantime, I wanted to drop a note and hopefully this will inspire some of you. I play bad. If I can do it, you can definitely do it. ><
@dlvbrown1969
I like the changes you made to the build.
1. Are you happy with Withering Step on CWDT? Dont you miss to be able to cast it yourself?
2. You were trying to find space for Feeding Frenzy. What about swapping the Minion Speed in the Hungry Loop ring for FF (I understand this is very difficult due to the mechanincs of Hungry Loop)? As I understand the golem would lose 44% movement speed and 34% attack speed, but in return all the minions would gain 10% more Minion Damage, 10% increased Minion Movement Speed and 10% increased Minion Attack Speed.

@Wrecker_of_Days / everyone :)
I am still trying to decide between self casting Temporal Chains or having it as an aura.
Self casting
Pro:
- can have an additional support gem, or a free gem slot for sg else
- six passive nodes (reduced mana reserved) are freed up that can be used for +10+10+8+8+8+6% minion damage, or sg else
- gains doom - however I do not know if it is any real plus for this build
Con:
- needs attention
Blasphemy support
Pro:
- fire and forget
- 76% increased AoE
Con:
- six passive nodes are required
- must be closer to the thick of the fight (?)

Is there sg I am missing?
Thank you!
@huoc,

Thank you for your kind words. I do feel like this build has a lot of synergy and possibilities.

As to your comment about missing Withering Step self cast, I dont believe I've ever self casted it. My memory isnt what it once was and so I could be wrong. Most times, Flame Dash is my go to movement skill. WS is more of a defensive safeguard for me.

Regarding making a new Hungry Loop ... at this point in the league I have enough currency to be able to do so if I choose, but I built my current HL to keep my Chaos Golem alive and he does just that. His job is to buff me and my AW as well as taunt an occasional monster here and there. It is my understanding that FF and Meat Shield conflict and so that is why the HL has what it has.

If I could ever get lucky in the Haewark region with harvest crafting, I honestly feel like I could run two HL rings. Since there arent any uniques required for this build, it is very easy to reach 110 or more in each resist and have leftover prefix and suffix for othet things. This would allow me to put an extremely tanky AG in my current HL and then make a new HL with FF in it for the golem.

Another option would just be to remove my increased duration gem from the WS, CWDT, steelskin link. If I removed this one gem, I could sell my 21/23 golem gem and use a new chais golem gem which could be linked to the CWDT for auto cast. At that point I could make a new HL with FF and stick an AG in it ... or I could stick a second golem in it (using golem commander for annoint on amulet).

I wish I owned a PC so I could theory craft better and more efficiently. I hate not knowing and trying to guess which option is better.
Thank you so much for putting in those pictures that show off the whole build.
I don't have a computer, and there's no mobile version of PoB, so looking up builds always sucks if no one puts a skill tree up somewhere else.
Love your builds, would love to see a return to some of those older, non-minion ones sometime.
Keep up the good work <3
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
@dlvbrown1969
I like the changes you made to the build.
1. Are you happy with Withering Step on CWDT? Dont you miss to be able to cast it yourself?
2. You were trying to find space for Feeding Frenzy. What about swapping the Minion Speed in the Hungry Loop ring for FF (I understand this is very difficult due to the mechanincs of Hungry Loop)? As I understand the golem would lose 44% movement speed and 34% attack speed, but in return all the minions would gain 10% more Minion Damage, 10% increased Minion Movement Speed and 10% increased Minion Attack Speed.

@Wrecker_of_Days / everyone :)
I am still trying to decide between self casting Temporal Chains or having it as an aura.
Self casting
Pro:
- can have an additional support gem, or a free gem slot for sg else
- six passive nodes (reduced mana reserved) are freed up that can be used for +10+10+8+8+8+6% minion damage, or sg else
- gains doom - however I do not know if it is any real plus for this build
Con:
- needs attention
Blasphemy support
Pro:
- fire and forget
- 76% increased AoE
Con:
- six passive nodes are required
- must be closer to the thick of the fight (?)

Is there sg I am missing?
Thank you!
Hey huoc!

The list of pros and cons looks complete. Something's probably missing but that's just PoE. We always miss something ;). It looks good to me though. The pros and cons seem pretty even to me. As annoying as it sounds, you'd probably want to do about 10 maps with each setup and see which one feels the best. Sometimes gameplay is surprising. For example, the old version of this build was a CI Vortex build. It had no damage mitgation outside of curses and it was a Close-quarter-combat build. On paper, it shouldn't have lived. But in gameplay, enemies were slowed so much, I kept moving, the DOT stayed on the ground and kept damaging...at the end of the day, it was the safest build I had...and that was at the same time I had my "unkillable" RF Chieftain.

Good luck ;)

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info