Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

"
"
Detoxify Life wrote:
Spoiler
Hey guys so been having alot of fun with this build thanks wrecker! Progress has been smooth but i recently have been struggling on tier 13+ maps. been trying to figure out what i should focus on improving with my current set up but wanted some advice. My profile is public so if anyone could take a look and give some opinions i would appreciate it. I have the build named Shocking_Queensbury at level 88
Hey Detoxify Life!

Sorry you're having a rough time. I appreciate thanks though! You're very kind.

Everything looks legit on your build. Good gear, life, links, gems, tree...

What circumstances are you finding tough for the build? Maybe certain map mods? The build doesn't list a ton of map mods that can't be done...but that doesn't mean that there are certain map that don't suit us. Some map mods will ALWAYS destroy me because of my "zone-out" playstyle. So for example, shocked ground will always kill me because I don't pay enough attention (or can't see) the ground. I'm always standing on it and die. Or Vulnerability...I never notice on time that I'm bleeding and I simply die before I hit my flask. Those are easy mods for others, but not for me. Maybe it's something like that?

I think you might be right and I need to pay more attention to map mods. I spent alot of time on my gear but hearing that it's all in a good place makes me think I should pay more attention to the map mods and make sure it's stuff I personally can run. I also don't do well with shocking ground cuz I don't pay much attention to where I'm standing lol. Think I'll try to focus on rolling map mods that work for me.

Another question is what should be my next goal as far as gear and gems? To be honest I've never had a build get gear this good rng has been kind to me this time. I'm playing on console so trading isn't really an option for me and I just farm and craft everything I need.

Thinking of replacing purifying as I move around way to much to take advantage of it.
"
McDuda wrote:
Is Triad Grip with 4 white sockets good for this build?

Makes a huge difference to damage but currently they sell for 5ex for that reason as they benefit any minion build as chaos damage reduction is far lower than any other damage for bosses etc...

~Wrecker hit a brick wall at t15 just too slow for clearing, hell of a build for just fast yellow low red mapping though :)
~ If it moves, kill it ~
"
Detoxify Life wrote:
Spoiler
I think you might be right and I need to pay more attention to map mods. I spent alot of time on my gear but hearing that it's all in a good place makes me think I should pay more attention to the map mods and make sure it's stuff I personally can run. I also don't do well with shocking ground cuz I don't pay much attention to where I'm standing lol. Think I'll try to focus on rolling map mods that work for me.

Another question is what should be my next goal as far as gear and gems? To be honest I've never had a build get gear this good rng has been kind to me this time. I'm playing on console so trading isn't really an option for me and I just farm and craft everything I need.

Thinking of replacing purifying as I move around way to much to take advantage of it.
On a total side note, Detoxify Life, I can't stand map mods. My favourite maps are the ones we do on the way to beat a conqueror. They are still tough, but they aren't modded. I still get to play my build but I don't have to worry about anything except for the enemies. I wish GGG would get rid of map mods and stick with really hard enemies, but I doubt that'll ever happen. Good job being honest though and figuring out map mods. What you avoid comes down to personal preference and playstyle for sure.

In terms of gear, you have a really good base setup. Great gear all around. So the next step for gear is to start looking for the min/max stuff. If you get your already nice rings to have even better life and resists rolls, it'd give you room to find a wand that has +1 to all minion gems. As an example. So with your already nice gear, if you keep improving it slowly (which is obviously always our goal) it gives you the space for more fun. Gloves can roll Minion Damage for example. There's influenced gear that makes enemies take increased chaos damage. You're at the slow grind stage for gear and you have the gear to do it well.

In terms of gems, that's up to you. I really like the gem setup provided so changing that up is something you'll have to weigh your pros and cons on.

I hope that helps?
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
0nyX wrote:
Spoiler
Makes a huge difference to damage but currently they sell for 5ex for that reason as they benefit any minion build as chaos damage reduction is far lower than any other damage for bosses etc...

~Wrecker hit a brick wall at t15 just too slow for clearing, hell of a build for just fast yellow low red mapping though :)
Thanks 0nyX! I'm glad you liked it.

I'm sorry you hit a wall with your variation but don't be discouraged. You know your stuff as well as anyone. I think I found out the reason for your wall. Your gems are all at level 17. They just aren't levelled enough for the later content. I think your version of the build will still do great once the gems level up. I make that mistake lots with my second characters in a league as well. I get the gear from currency made with a different playthrough and forget the value of gem levels. It's an easy wall to forget about.

If you're still into the build, I think you'll find a huge difference once your gems hit level 19.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Feb 12, 2021, 3:57:30 PM
Small tip for those map mods. Use your extra life force in Harvest to reroll maps. It's like getting free scouring orb & alchemy orb.
"
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you! I have not gotten to the part where I could have all the mana reservation skills up, so I have a question regarding this.
Assuming KB and PF can be spammed on rotation of course, could this mean that six reduced mana reservation passives can be freed up (4 around and including Sovereignity and 2 next to Influence)?
Then these six points could be used for minion damage (3 to the SE of Retribution, 2 next to Righteous Army and Redemption and 1 next to Fearsom Force)? That would be great (if it can be done).
If you self-casted your lingering blades skill, you would not need any mana reservation nodes. But! You'd have to strongly consider mana regen, the frequency of culling strike and your Hextouch curses, along with the quantity of your AW. That's not difficult for some, but it's obviously too much for me.

Fiddle with it and see how it feels in gameplay.

I do not have a 6L (or a 5L for that matter) armour yet, but I was able to get a bit closer to the build. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/huoc/characters?characterName=GreenWanda
The two button (1. KB, 2. PF) gameplay works very well, I have around 300 mana unreserved and it regenerates roughly the same rate it is being used. I understand the reservation will increase once I link other supports to AW. I did not take any reduced mana reservation nodes yet. Hopefully these can be used for +minion damage nodes.
I will work on the frequency of CS and HT curses, currently I just spam KB and PF alternately. I am doing low tier maps for the time being and everything dies almost instantly.
This build is really fun to play :) Thanks again.
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
I do not have a 6L (or a 5L for that matter) armour yet, but I was able to get a bit closer to the build. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/huoc/characters?characterName=GreenWanda
The two button (1. KB, 2. PF) gameplay works very well, I have around 300 mana unreserved and it regenerates roughly the same rate it is being used. I understand the reservation will increase once I link other supports to AW. I did not take any reduced mana reservation nodes yet. Hopefully these can be used for +minion damage nodes.
I will work on the frequency of CS and HT curses, currently I just spam KB and PF alternately. I am doing low tier maps for the time being and everything dies almost instantly.
This build is really fun to play :) Thanks again.
Awesome huoc!

I'm glad your set up is tons of fun to play. Thanks for the thanks! Good luck with the progress and changes that'll come with it. I hope it works out!

Annnnnd

Hello, thank you for this guide. due to a medical thing i lost my left hand usage this build on aw rocks! saved my poe experience.

a question on despair and enfeeble, if im attacking with kinetic blast linked as shown in guide and i have whispers of doom shouldnt i see the curses applied? i dont currently.

thanks,

shaka
i was using the wrong hex gem, thanks for the help on twitch!
Spoiler
"
Shakaaus wrote:
Hello, thank you for this guide. due to a medical thing i lost my left hand usage this build on aw rocks! saved my poe experience.

a question on despair and enfeeble, if im attacking with kinetic blast linked as shown in guide and i have whispers of doom shouldnt i see the curses applied? i dont currently.

thanks,

shaka
"
Shakaaus wrote:
i was using the wrong hex gem, thanks for the help on twitch!
Hey Shakaaus!

Thanks for hanging online! I'm glad we finally figured it out. Good job! It's easy to make simple mistakes in a game as detailed as this one. Post again anytime.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info