Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

Hey everyone! I hope all is well :)

"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hello Everyone,
I hit a point where I do not know how to improve my char/gear. After experimenting I found that self-casting TC is better for me than having it on an aura. I also tried the two golem version and while the golems tend to die in tough fights, it gives me a sense of security, so I like it. Here is my char:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/huoc/characters?characterName=GreenWanda
This is my first playthrough, so any advice is appreciated, however trivial it may seem to seasoned players :)
Also, I do not know how to spend Atlas points. I read this guide [Removed by Support] and it makes sense of course, but there may be other opinions.
Thank you!
ps. sorry for the slightly off-topic questions
Hey huoc!

Good of you to ask for help and such. Good for you. I took a quick look at your character and I think you're doing a great job...especially for a first playthrough!

What you'll want to start grinding for is gear with better basics than what you have. On all your gear that isn't your wand, just look for life and resists. Obviously, that may be harder to find on a 6-link, but do what you can on all your other gear. Movement Speed is huge, same with covering your required attributes. But as you continue mapping, keep an eye out, and prioritize those basic mods. Once all your gear is set up in that regard, it makes survivability easier and farming more efficient. It'll also make swapping in the occasional fancy-influenced item(s) easier since you'll have resists and life to spare. So higher life (75+? 90+?) for sure.

Also, an easy way to keep looking for a wand is to use a Fear Essence on any Convoking Wand you find. If the Convoking Wand is item level 84 or higher you'll have the best chance to get the highest tier mods on it. Most of your attempts will likely be wasted, but that what the game is all about.

I hope this helped?

Oh right! Atlas! I don't care what other people do. Pick the Atlas nods that excite you. I like Tormented Spirits, so I chose them. I hate Alva, so I ignore her. I don't like Delve but I love bosses. So I go for Metamorph and Rogue Exiles. Just do what you think is nice. I don't have the 5-socket map device yet so I'll be investing in Legion until I get it. Then I'll respec out in another league (hopefully they'll give free respecs) as I don't really like Legion. I say do what sounds rad :)

Hopefully everyone is doing well, inside and out :). See you on Friday!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thank you Wrecker_of_Days!
my build may be fantastic for a first playthrough, because it is based on your guide :) I changed a few things myself to better suit my playstyle and "stole" some ideas from fellow player dlvbrown1969 :)
Thank you for the advice, I will keep everything in mind and just keep grinding :)
Happy Easter Friday everyone! (Canada). I hope everyone is well.

"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you Wrecker_of_Days!
my build may be fantastic for a first playthrough, because it is based on your guide :) I changed a few things myself to better suit my playstyle and "stole" some ideas from fellow player dlvbrown1969 :)
Thank you for the advice, I will keep everything in mind and just keep grinding :)
Well thank you huoc! I'm glad you were comfortable enough to make some changes and found a guide that suits your style :). I appreciate you taking the time to say such kind things. Happy grinding :).

Hopefully everyone has a great weekend no matter your family situation, health situation, work situation...whatever you're doing and however you're going through it, I hope you know that you are loved and cared for even if you can't see it.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thank you for that awsome guide. I was never a fan of Animate Weapon, but this build is absolute fun ^^
Hi guys. I am returning to the game after some years, I loved this build and i´m trying now. I´m thinking in changing it a bit. I was thinking in not using Spellslinger at all, and keep using Animate Weapon and Bladefall in separate triggers. So:

What i could do to the build to accomodate those changes? Put Hextouch in Bladefall?

And what gems to use in the Spellslinger/Bladefall/Culling Strike Support slots? Maybe zombies or another minion?

There is any unique that goes well in this build?

Thanks for this awesome build and for any help that anyone can give to me.
Wew! Well, that was a long weekend! Busy but great. Thanks for your patience, everyone. Now, time to get back into PoE Land.

"
Spoiler
Thank you for that awsome guide. I was never a fan of Animate Weapon, but this build is absolute fun ^^
Yes FIRST-MISANTHROP! Console! Hazaa! Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to be so encouraging. I appreciate it :-). I actually don't like Animate Weapon either but LOVE this build as a "ranged caster". Since I'm a minion lover it's awesome to be able to combine the two.

"
Torneco wrote:
Spoiler
Hi guys. I am returning to the game after some years, I loved this build and i´m trying now. I´m thinking in changing it a bit. I was thinking in not using Spellslinger at all, and keep using Animate Weapon and Bladefall in separate triggers. So:

What i could do to the build to accomodate those changes? Put Hextouch in Bladefall?

And what gems to use in the Spellslinger/Bladefall/Culling Strike Support slots? Maybe zombies or another minion?

Hey Torneco!

A couple years? Dang. Long time. Take your time getting into everything. There's been some big changes...hopefully you like the state of the game! I'm glad you're liking the build and going through the motions of making it your own.

The hard thing here is that sometimes even small changes can dramatically change a build. Theory-crafting is HUGE! So I'll give you a couple ideas quick ideas that suit my style but I'll leave your theory-crafting to you. If your self casting AW and BF/EB then mana will need to be a focus. It wasn't a focus for this build because of our Wand attack. So you'd free up lots of mana without Spellslinger. So you could have ALL of your curses as auras, or keep them as is and add a different aura (Vitality, Clarity, Haste). Oh, but yes, Hextouch with Bladefall makes lots of sense, yes.

I don't pay attention to uniques so I can't help you there. Look for curse or minion perks though. I think you'd have better luck picking out some fun Curse items...as a guess.

Thanks for your patience with my response. Sorry, it wasn't as thorough as I'm sure you were hoping. I appreciate your kindness and I hope the build has been treating you well. Feel free to ask whatever you like.

Sweet. I'll see everyone Friday. I hope you have a great few days!

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Apr 6, 2021, 1:36:34 PM
When i left the game, we used square maps in the endgame, hehehe. Now many things have changed. I will use your build for a while, and see if Animate Weapon works best with or without Spellslinger, same for Bladefall.

I´m thinking on buying an Atziri's Splendour, maybe will work well until a very good rare drop.
Last edited by Torneco on Apr 6, 2021, 5:14:53 PM
"
Torneco wrote:

Hi Torneco,
I tried self-casting BF and AW for a long time, until I acquired my 6L body armour (probably somewhere around clvl 75). It was very cumbersome and difficult during tough boss fights, where the weapons died quickly. It did not give me time to watch out for other things. Having the Spellslinger finally set up provided a huge advantage and comfort and enabled me to watch the screen more and react to things more quickly. ymmv. I do self-cast Temporal Chains though, so my setup is still a 2-button one, rather than Wrecker's 1-button one. But TC is not required to be cast every second.
I´m starting to notice that too. Sometimes, in tough situations, like delving, in that piramid with time limit or that strange mirror portal, i lose precious time casting animate weapon. And i´m lazy, so probably i will use spellslinger.

Still accepting uniques suggestions.
Very nice, ty!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info