Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

Good day everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day!

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you my friend. Someday I hope to be able to do what you do as easily as you do it. ><

If I'm understanding what you did, my current wand yields 13% more dps than would a wand with both +1 minion gemd as well as +1 all spell gems. So, in theory, if I wanted to replace my current wand, I would need to do it with not only those two +1 modifiers but also additional + attack speed and/or + minion damage.

This likely won't happen anytime soon as the wands I am describing are tens of exalts on the ps4 trade board whereas my wand apparently is only worth a couple exalt.

So, for this build, stats matter more than +gem level .. at least in this one isolated example.

Speaking of which, I finally learned the third rank of minion damage and so i removed my + minion life / + minion damage enchant and replaced it with a straight + minion damage. IIRC, my previous enchant was around 25-28 minion damage whereas now the enchant I'm using is +53%.

Since we agree the AW are "disposable", giving them added life is a waste - especially with Call to the Slaughter in my cluster jewel. That being said, I do want some minion life for the sake of my golem.

On a side note, I'm approaching 6k max life. I re-anointed my Amulet with Golem's Blood and have almost completed using Fetile catalysts on 1 ring. Amulet and belt.
I think, dlvbrown1969, you don't need to worry about replacing your wand...ever. ;)

Nice mod additions btw! Good work!

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Ok. Don't hate me. At least not too much. >< I did a mini overhaul today.

I got rid of the increased duration support which was linked to withering step and Steelskin. Not a big deal I'm sure.

I got rid of the Summon holy relic. While the 100 life regen was nice, I think what I did in the overhaul more than made up for it.

So, in the CWDT-> Desecrate -> Spirit Offering 4 socket, I added Withering Step (and obviously lowered the gem level to make it work). So now this WS procs a lot more often. It's obviously not as effective being a lower level, but it is what it is. I think the more constant phasing is an upgrade already.

In the other CWDT 4 socket, I linked the max level CWDT to max level Steelskin. In the other 2 sockets, I linked the Blasphemy and Temporal Chains. So, two 2 links in the 4 socket.

In the 3 socket shield, I now have Feeding Frenzy (yay) linked to both Chaos Golem and Carrion Golem.

I didn't want to undo my Amulet Amulet annoint so what I decided to do was to refund the 3 passive points that lead to the Unwavering Stance notable in the passive tree. I then used those 3 passive points to unlock Golem Commander.

The dps gain is very noticeable. I've yet to push Heist 83s or t16 maps to see if I can survive.

Oh yeah, I removed the Hungry Loop and replaced it with an unset ring. I placed Flame Dash inside of it. This puts me at 6150 max life ... more once I add 20 fertile catalysts to the 2nd ring slot. The ring is kinda bad, but with some Harvest crafting, could be worthy.

Phew.

Sorry.

I think I'm done now. ><

The only other thing I might do is replace the unset ring with that aforementioned Hungry Loop and stick an Animated Guardian inside. We'll see.

As always, thanks

Edit: there is one question I have about what I've done...in the helmet link if CWDT, desecrate, spirit offering and withering step ... does it matter if the link is CWDT-> desecrate -> withering step -> spirit offering? I feel like it doesn't matter as long as the Desecrate is right after the CWDT. I guess it's just my OCD wanting spirit offering to follow Desecrate...

Edit again ...

Crazy thought. I've played your trigger wand minion build previously. Could a trigger wand be used in this build? I've read and reread the descriptions of the items and skills and I don't see why not, but PoE sometimes has hidden conflicts.

The reason I ask is that in my current new build, my golems are occassional dieing. Since I dont have enough unreserved mana to just summon them, I have to undo one of my Spellslinger skills and then resummon and then redo the Spellslinger. Not THAT big of a deal, but certainly an inconvenience.

I found a wand with both +1 to gems as mentioned above plus 54% minion damage plus the trigger modifier. If I can negotiate a decent price, I am pretty sure this new wand would be an upgrade for me - not only dps but also in survivability of my golems.

So, what I'm thinking is to move Desecrate, Spirit Offering and Withering Step to the 3L in the wand. These 3 skills of course would get triggered by the Trigger modifier on the wand when I use a skill (like Kinetic Blast). Right??

I would then move the 3L Spellslinger, Bladefall and Culling Strike to the shield 3L.

Lastly I would move my current Feeding Frenzy, Summon chaos golem and Summon Carrion golem to my helmet. I could link them to minion life if needed or minion damage if life isnt needed. Alternatively, I could use lower leveled golem gems and link to a CWDT but they would have to be substantially lowered due to mana reserve restraints.

My hope would be that if I use two golem gems that are 21/23 and I gain an additional +2 to gem level from wand, then the golems might have enough increased survivability to be hands free. Of course, if I save more currency, perhaps I could get a gg +3 to socketed gems in my Bone Helmet as well. Surely lvl 26 golems would kick some butt. ><

But, first I need to know that there is no flaw in my logic and that the trigger wand idea would actually work as I described. And then if course I would need to procure the aforementioned wand.
:) You rock. Yes a Trigger Socketed Spells mod would work great here saving some gem space for sure.

Also, the order of your CwDT setup doesn't matter. They do cast in a certain order as listed in the wiki, but there will always be corpses around for your offering. So I wouldn't care about gem order if I were you.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Mar 9, 2021, 2:22:34 PM
Well, I took the plunge. Here is my new wand:

I made the changes as detailed above. For now, I will use Minion Life in the 4L helm ... but when I save up more currency, I will be getting a +2 or hopefully a +3 helm at which point I should be able to use Minion Damage for the golems.

Another side effect of this change is I no longer have to limit the levels of my Desecrate, Spirit Offering or Withering Step which were linked to CWDT.

Now to test it out. I hope it plays as well as as I imagined...

Edit: before I start testing and killing with this revised setup, it is also worth noting that with both Spellslinger gems at level 21, I now have 78 unreserved mana whereas before I had somewhere around 25 or 30ish.

Re-edit: did some Heist 83 runs last night. Smooth like butter. The extra dps means safer and faster clears. I'm especially liking the trigger wither step which I can use to move faster as needed.

Edit (another): crafted a new helm today. iLvL 86 Elder influence. Not too much to look at now, but ... can Harvest craft off the Accuracy roll as well as the ES/Armour/StunBlock and replace with a max life roll and another resist or ??

Anyhow, this allowed me to now 4L my two golems and Feedung Frenzy to a 21/23 Elemental Army. Now my golem have 50k and 70k life as well as +80 max All Resist. Possibly not unkillable, but they've yet to die today and I've run since pretty bad t16s in which I died. LoL

Yet another edit: omg, disregard the comment about unkillable golems. T16 corrupted Vaal Temple just owned me for 3 deaths. I had to disable Temporal Chains and summon both golems every 3 seconds in between trying to keep AW up and, of course, staying alive. Oh well, at least that map is done now.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Mar 11, 2021, 10:08:20 PM
Hello everyone! I hope you're all safe and well. Happy Friday :).

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler

Unavailable

I made the changes as detailed above. For now, I will use Minion Life in the 4L helm ... but when I save up more currency, I will be getting a +2 or hopefully a +3 helm at which point I should be able to use Minion Damage for the golems.

Another side effect of this change is I no longer have to limit the levels of my Desecrate, Spirit Offering or Withering Step which were linked to CWDT.

Edit: before I start testing and killing with this revised setup, it is also worth noting that with both Spellslinger gems at level 21, I now have 78 unreserved mana whereas before I had somewhere around 25 or 30ish.

Re-edit: did some Heist 83 runs last night. Smooth like butter. The extra dps means safer and faster clears. I'm especially liking the trigger wither step which I can use to move faster as needed.

Edit (another): crafted a new helm today. iLvL 86 Elder influence. Not too much to look at now, but ... can Harvest craft off the Accuracy roll as well as the ES/Armour/StunBlock and replace with a max life roll and another resist or ??

Anyhow, this allowed me to now 4L my two golems and Feedung Frenzy to a 21/23 Elemental Army. Now my golem have 50k and 70k life as well as +80 max All Resist. Possibly not unkillable, but they've yet to die today and I've run since pretty bad t16s in which I died. LoL

Unavailable

Yet another edit: omg, disregard the comment about unkillable golems. T16 corrupted Vaal Temple just owned me for 3 deaths. I had to disable Temporal Chains and summon both golems every 3 seconds in between trying to keep AW up and, of course, staying alive. Oh well, at least that map is done now.
That's some amazing gear dlvbrown1969! Nice work! That seems like a blast to play! Great job on your items. Dang! I hope they work out the more testing you do.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Hello everyone! I hope you're all safe and well. Happy Friday :).

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler

That's some amazing gear dlvbrown1969! Nice work! That seems like a blast to play! Great job on your items. Dang! I hope they work out the more testing you do.

Have a great weekend as well. Thanks for praise. I'm working really hard to get to the point where I can farm some harvest crafts. I gotta hurry because I heard they're nerfing next league. Earlier today I got my first two "uncharted realm" passive points earned by beating "the Formed" Maven invitation. 2 more points are "nedded" to fully go into farm mode. In the meantime. I've gotten super lucky and rolled two Titanium Watchstones each with +2 to Zana maps. I feel like my gear is good, but I see the potential in it if I can craft it as desired. I am leaning towards this being my last league as well. It takes me so long to grind up to the point I want to be at ... and then the league ends and I barely get to reap the rewards. We'll see ...
Hello Everyone!
I finally fully ascended yesterday. I never ever want to hear the sound of a spike trap or a saw blade. Those things are just killing my nerves. I cant remeber the last time I was so tense during gameplay. And this brings me to my question: now that I have Withering Presence, should I replace Withering Step with Phase Run?
A different question: does Global Physical Damage Increase, such as on the Rustic Sash, increase the damage of AWs?
Thanks as always!
Howdy Doody Everyone. I hope all is well.

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Have a great weekend as well. Thanks for praise. I'm working really hard to get to the point where I can farm some harvest crafts. I gotta hurry because I heard they're nerfing next league. Earlier today I got my first two "uncharted realm" passive points earned by beating "the Formed" Maven invitation. 2 more points are "nedded" to fully go into farm mode. In the meantime. I've gotten super lucky and rolled two Titanium Watchstones each with +2 to Zana maps. I feel like my gear is good, but I see the potential in it if I can craft it as desired. I am leaning towards this being my last league as well. It takes me so long to grind up to the point I want to be at ... and then the league ends and I barely get to reap the rewards. We'll see ...
Nice job getting to work on the Uncharted Passive tree. It's nice to see things fall together for sure. Also, Standard may interest you. The market is totally different, but if you set your own rules (I don't use any legacy mods or items) it can save you a lot of time and grinding each league.

Good luck with the crunch at the end of the league.

"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hello Everyone!
I finally fully ascended yesterday. I never ever want to hear the sound of a spike trap or a saw blade. Those things are just killing my nerves. I cant remeber the last time I was so tense during gameplay. And this brings me to my question: now that I have Withering Presence, should I replace Withering Step with Phase Run?
A different question: does Global Physical Damage Increase, such as on the Rustic Sash, increase the damage of AWs?
Thanks as always!
Nice job huoc! I hate the trials and such as well. Good job!

Both Withering Step and Phase Run are similar in terms of escape skills. But, Withering Step does help increase our Withered stacks faster...though, the Withering Step's Withers only last two seconds (if there's no bugs with the interaction). I'd probably use Withering Step though I doubt we'd see a difference with the naked eye.

Only mods/nodes that specifically say "minion" or "ally(ies)" impact minions. So even though something that says "global" maybe sound inclusive, it means it's global for YOU, not for the party.

Good questions, and great job!

Sweet. I'll be back in a few days. You're all fantastic!

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Mar 16, 2021, 3:41:12 PM
"
huoc wrote:
Hello Everyone!
Thanks as always!

WTG getting that last ascendary point. Should you desire further labyrinth farming, keep these two tips in mind. First, the damage from those traps is physical and so a flask that helps protect you against physical damage will help - A LOT. I use Armour flasks on my L1 keybind and life flasks on my R1. When I take damage, I have trained myself to tap both L1 and R1. Speaking of flasks, in labyrinth as well as some certain end game bosses, it is very helpful to use the Soul of Ryslathia pantheon. I personally am horrible at avoiding traps. As such I often just dont even bother to try and avoid them. I just try to mitigate and heal thru the damage. Using this pantheon means that all I have to do is stop someplace safe and wait patiently and all my flasks will eventually refill. It can be boring, but it also means less stress and less deaths. Good luck and happy gaming.
"
Howdy Doody Everyone. I hope all is well.

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Nice job getting to work on the Uncharted Passive tree. It's nice to see things fall together for sure. Also, Standard may interest you. The market is totally different, but if you set your own rules (I don't use any legacy mods or items) it can save you a lot of time and grinding each league.

Good luck with the crunch at the end of the league.

"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hello Everyone!
Thanks as always!
Nice job huoc! I hate the trials and such as well. Good job!

Both Withering Step and Phase Run are similar in terms of escape skills. But, Withering Step does help increase our Withered stacks faster...though, the Withering Step's Withers only last two seconds (if there's no bugs with the interaction). I'd probably use Withering Step though I doubt we'd see a difference with the naked eye.

Only mods/nodes that specifically say "minion" or "ally(ies)" impact minions. So even though something that says "global" maybe sound inclusive, it means it's global for YOU, not for the party.

Good questions, and great job!

Sweet. I'll be back in a few days. You're all fantastic!

Thank you my friend. I got my 3rd and fourth uncharted realm points and now the ever important Paths not Taken is unlocked and enabled. I have +5 to my Haewark area maps from four titanium watchstones. With all the bonuses, there are times I have over 20 Zana maps to choose from now. I'm seeing sacred garden much more often. Hopefully within a week or two I can craft my gear into better shape.

Speaking of which, I've temporarily given my shield a vacation in my stash and am dual wielding my "old" wand with my newer one. To me, since I'm already so far over resistance cap, the only difference defensively is a small chance to block and 400 max life points. That small loss is trivial imho compared to the HUGE dps gain. Enemies die so much faster that I take less damage overall.

In football growing up, I was always taught that defense wins ball games. I now also see the validity that the best defense is a good offense. Some time ago you loaded my build into a simulator. PoB I believe. You assigned a number to my dps. I would wager to say that currently that number for me is at least twice what it was - if not closer to three times. At least that's how it feels to me.

Anyhow, thanks again. As always, we couldn't do it without you.

Happy Gaming

Edit: I should quantify my statement about offense and defense. My favorite build so far in PoE was that which I could stand in the face of danger and out-heal/regen and mitigate the damage. I'm not a proponent of glass cannon. Never have been. But I've also learned to put "their faces in their places" ... meaning I guess to focus on and build around the strengths of something. Thus as opposed to trying in a futile effort to strengthen weaknesses too much.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Mar 17, 2021, 12:42:20 AM
Thank you very much for the answers Wrecker_of_Days and dlvbrown1969!
So, last night I did some grand Heists. One of my rewards in a curio was a Divergent Animate Guardian. The quality gives AG 40% increased max life. Super expensive gem. I took this as a "sign" that I needed to incorporate an AG into my build. ><

So, today I set out to buy a Kingmaker and a Mask of the stitched demon helm. I did. I gave those to my AG along with a 90 max life / 120 total resist chest which I enchanted "gain 10% of max life as ES". I also fed my AG a rare pair of gloves with 89 max life and 100 total resistance. Lastly I gave it Victario Flight boots.

Now, before I gave those items to my AG, I looked at the skill button tooltip and my AG had 31k life (already inside my Hungry Loop). After I gave my AG those items, the same tooltip still showed 31k life. Apparently its a bug.

Do you know any way that I can see or at least know the stats of my AG? I've well over 10 exalts invested and I dont want to lose it. I'm being extra careful because 31k isn't a lot. I was hoping for 70-100k but I'd settle for 50k.

Also, since the kingmaker provides culling Strike, can I now remove the gem for culling Strike which is currently in my offhand wand? Or, is it "better" to keep the gem? I dont know the range of the AQ culling Strike. Often I am shooting a boss off screen and at max range. Since the AG is defensive, I don't know if the AW would still benefit from the AG's culling. Any idea?

When I equipped my AQ in my hunger loop ring, I removed my unset ring which had my flame Dash. I'd like to get that movement ability back into the build. Running Heists without a dash is torture.

As always, thanks

Edit: decided to experiment. I removed Culling Strike from my offhand wand. I unlinked 1 socket and placed Flame Dash in the 1 link - leaving the Bladefall and Spellslinger linked. It's nearly impossible for me to tell if the AG culling Strike has the same efficiency and potency as having the actual gem linked did...since my AG is still being leveled and I'm afraid to push t16 with it until it does. Stuff does "too fast" in t14 and below for me to assess.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Mar 18, 2021, 9:29:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info