Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

Hi dlvbrown1969,
how does your (primary) wand work? All 3 socketed spells are cast whenever you use Kinetic Blast or any other skill (if not on cooldown)?
Thank you.
While I am not an expert and could be wrong, I believe the mechanics work like this for a "trigger" wand:

When you "do something", the top gem activates. Next time you "do sonething", the middle gem activates. Next time you do something the bottom gem activates. Next time, the top gem. Etc etc. I say "do something", because it's not just kinetic blast that triggers the wand. In my case, flame dash does as well. Anything you actively push a button for will proc a trigger.
It's Friday! (For me.) I hope everyone is enjoying the game, but more importantly remembering that it's a game, and that you're simply making the best of it.

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you my friend. I got my 3rd and fourth uncharted realm points and now the ever important Paths not Taken is unlocked and enabled. I have +5 to my Haewark area maps from four titanium watchstones. With all the bonuses, there are times I have over 20 Zana maps to choose from now. I'm seeing sacred garden much more often. Hopefully within a week or two I can craft my gear into better shape.

Speaking of which, I've temporarily given my shield a vacation in my stash and am dual wielding my "old" wand with my newer one. To me, since I'm already so far over resistance cap, the only difference defensively is a small chance to block and 400 max life points. That small loss is trivial imho compared to the HUGE dps gain. Enemies die so much faster that I take less damage overall.

In football growing up, I was always taught that defense wins ball games. I now also see the validity that the best defense is a good offense. Some time ago you loaded my build into a simulator. PoB I believe. You assigned a number to my dps. I would wager to say that currently that number for me is at least twice what it was - if not closer to three times. At least that's how it feels to me.

Anyhow, thanks again. As always, we couldn't do it without you.

Happy Gaming

Edit: I should quantify my statement about offense and defense. My favorite build so far in PoE was that which I could stand in the face of danger and out-heal/regen and mitigate the damage. I'm not a proponent of glass cannon. Never have been. But I've also learned to put "their faces in their places" ... meaning I guess to focus on and build around the strengths of something. Thus as opposed to trying in a futile effort to strengthen weaknesses too much.
Nice job moving on up and progressing dlvbrown1969! Those extra Unchartable nodes sound fantastic.

Awesome call dual-wielding! It IS a huge increase in damage hey? Good job.

And yes. 100%. There are huge pros and cons to both sides of the coin (Defence or offence). But played well with the proper focus, both can yield sweet results. Good call.

"
huoc wrote:
Thank you very much for the answers Wrecker_of_Days and dlvbrown1969!
Anytime! huoc rocks.

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
So, last night I did some grand Heists. One of my rewards in a curio was a Divergent Animate Guardian. The quality gives AG 40% increased max life. Super expensive gem. I took this as a "sign" that I needed to incorporate an AG into my build. ><

So, today I set out to buy a Kingmaker and a Mask of the stitched demon helm. I did. I gave those to my AG along with a 90 max life / 120 total resist chest which I enchanted "gain 10% of max life as ES". I also fed my AG a rare pair of gloves with 89 max life and 100 total resistance. Lastly I gave it Victario Flight boots.

Now, before I gave those items to my AG, I looked at the skill button tooltip and my AG had 31k life (already inside my Hungry Loop). After I gave my AG those items, the same tooltip still showed 31k life. Apparently its a bug.

Do you know any way that I can see or at least know the stats of my AG? I've well over 10 exalts invested and I dont want to lose it. I'm being extra careful because 31k isn't a lot. I was hoping for 70-100k but I'd settle for 50k.

Also, since the kingmaker provides culling Strike, can I now remove the gem for culling Strike which is currently in my offhand wand? Or, is it "better" to keep the gem? I dont know the range of the AQ culling Strike. Often I am shooting a boss off screen and at max range. Since the AG is defensive, I don't know if the AW would still benefit from the AG's culling. Any idea?

When I equipped my AQ in my hunger loop ring, I removed my unset ring which had my flame Dash. I'd like to get that movement ability back into the build. Running Heists without a dash is torture.

As always, thanks

Edit: decided to experiment. I removed Culling Strike from my offhand wand. I unlinked 1 socket and placed Flame Dash in the 1 link - leaving the Bladefall and Spellslinger linked. It's nearly impossible for me to tell if the AG culling Strike has the same efficiency and potency as having the actual gem linked did...since my AG is still being leveled and I'm afraid to push t16 with it until it does. Stuff does "too fast" in t14 and below for me to assess.
So Culling Strike is Culling Strike. No matter the link, gem, or ascendancy. So it doesn't matter who's using culling strike, it'll work. The only catch is, making sure that your minion (in this case) is hitting often enough for you to bother removing Culling Strike from the other gem links. Culling Strike is never important though, it's just a perk.

AG - Playing with AGs are really really annoying. There's the constant fear or losing them (and keep in mind we don't invest in any minion life), there's no UI for what you've equipped on them, and the Tool-Tip gives 0 information for minions. So, unfortunately, AGs are "use at your own risk" :(.

Sweet everyone! See you on Tuesday! Remember, love your neighbour! Don't give them a hard time.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thanks Wrecker. Have a fantastic weekend. ><
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
While I am not an expert and could be wrong, I believe the mechanics work like this for a "trigger" wand:

When you "do something", the top gem activates. Next time you "do sonething", the middle gem activates. Next time you do something the bottom gem activates. Next time, the top gem. Etc etc. I say "do something", because it's not just kinetic blast that triggers the wand. In my case, flame dash does as well. Anything you actively push a button for will proc a trigger.

Thanks for the explanation. So socketed spells do not go off at once, but one at a time in a row. I do not think I will own equipment like this in the near future, I just found my first exalted orb yesterday, but it is always good to know :)
Thanks.
Congrats. May it be the first of many for you.
So, my original wand was crafted by me by spamming bound fossils

My current main hand i bought from trade as a base. I then harvest crafted and removed a suffix so I could multi mod bench craft into my trigger wand.

This past week, I've been buying up supplies. I had watched some you tube on how to craft a +2 wand. By tonight I had enough materials for 17 attempts. (About 60-75 chaos per attempt) On literally my final and 17th attempt, I crafted the following. It's not gfg, but it's alright. I REALLY wanted minion damage instead of spell damage as third prefix. I'll try again some day. It was fun. I enjoy crafting. Just wished I knew more about the nuances.

Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Mar 22, 2021, 9:54:27 PM
Howdy doody everybody!

It's nice to catch up and read the notes and see what's being talked about or shown. Good stuff. For those still playing the league, I hope you're having fun. You're all pretty perfect if you ask me. :) See you in a few days.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Mar 23, 2021, 2:38:46 PM
Well, what a beautiful day in the neighbourhood! :) No guide replies today it seems. I hope everyone is well and keeping their priorities in check. You all rock :)

Annnnnd

Hello Everyone,
I hit a point where I do not know how to improve my char/gear. After experimenting I found that self-casting TC is better for me than having it on an aura. I also tried the two golem version and while the golems tend to die in tough fights, it gives me a sense of security, so I like it. Here is my char:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/huoc/characters?characterName=GreenWanda
This is my first playthrough, so any advice is appreciated, however trivial it may seem to seasoned players :)
Also, I do not know how to spend Atlas points. I read this guide [Removed by Support] and it makes sense of course, but there may be other opinions.
Thank you!
ps. sorry for the slightly off-topic questions
Last edited by Ian_GGG on Mar 29, 2021, 8:55:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info