[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Been using this build from league start and now level 88

Not had any difficulty issues throughout the entire game, tier 13 map was easy enough too.

I've swayed off the build a bit though and swapped some gear. Going to end up with 6 link chest for skeles + 6 link for zombies/spectre or golem

Yo.
/\

I guess that answers my question on whether Femurs of the Saints would work with this build

You think its better when you get the Femurs to 6L to have it use zombies instead of boost the skeletons?
Last edited by Destructomonkey on Jan 23, 2021, 12:15:40 AM
first off this build has been a blast to play. i originally started it as the original version and have since switched. have noticed it feels like i have lost alot of damage and noticed that the original tree had alot more minion dmg nodes in it. currently running a8 maps and am noticing a mass time difference in kill times on bosses and clear speed in general. anyone have any suggestions or am i having to now start looking at cluster jewels to spike my dmg further?
Spoiler
i know also that my gear is kinda meh and was bought for specific mods on them. plan to smooth them out later as time goes on and squeeze more life out of each piece that i can. any help is much appreciated and the PoB for the character total is https://pastebin.com/DbUaAGXG
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
"
anyone have any suggestions or am i having to now start looking at cluster jewels to spike my dmg further?

Before you go to clusters or something more exotic like lowlife, consider swapping your armour for a corrupted tabula:

I did this, and I'm comfortably running T16s (once I check for no double damage mode). Minion damage does seem to fall off at that point--Maven-buffed bosses can be impossible to damage, especially guardians. I also ran a 40% delirious semi-juiced T16 once I got to level 93, and I could clear very safely, but it was slow going and Omniphobia took a couple minutes.

Not bad for a corrupted tabby and pair of +1 sceptres:
Spoiler

Cluster jewels are probably the next big damage boost. I'd look to the other skelemancer guidss for deep endgame inspiration.
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jan 23, 2021, 3:10:23 AM
Hiya! Thank you very much for the build. My very first summoner is fun, though I'm not even in act 6 yet.

Just a question regarding EE and storm brand: Wouldn't wintertide brand be better? It allows us to use frost bomb on regen enemies and the extra chill should be a nice defensive bonus, no?
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Spoiler
"
GERWARIC wrote:
"
anyone have any suggestions or am i having to now start looking at cluster jewels to spike my dmg further?

Before you go to clusters or something more exotic like lowlife, consider swapping your armour for a corrupted tabula:

I did this, and I'm comfortably running T16s (once I check for no double damage mode). Minion damage does seem to fall off at that point--Maven-buffed bosses can be impossible to damage, especially guardians. I also ran a 40% delirious semi-juiced T16 once I got to level 93, and I could clear very safely, but it was slow going and Omniphobia took a couple minutes.

Not bad for a corrupted tabby and pair of +1 sceptres:
Spoiler

Cluster jewels are probably the next big damage boost. I'd look to the other skelemancer guidss for deep endgame inspiration.
ill have to try and grab one of those then. didnt think that would be better than the life on a normal chest, but 2 levels do seem pretty impressive tbh. actually had forgotten that vaal SS gets you the duration tag to make that work lol. heh LL was my endgame goal for this character but prolly not summoner for it but would be nice to get this to farm the t16's and such. yea maven bosses are getting to be a joke and im needing a guildmate more often than not to kill them. will try to pick up the tabula tonight and see what i can do with it then. also for clear would it be better to just put in GMP and then switch at the boss? granted we are already using a tabula at that point.
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
Last edited by ZhardDee on Jan 23, 2021, 3:40:43 AM
Small upgrade - i was looking for some way to have culling (which really healp with Maven bosses fights), so i decided to save one socket using shield like that (easy to craft). It is better then Enlighten support.

So now i can use culling like this.

And, i can remove ALL points from Sovereignty too, so i now even have spare point for Avatar of Fire, so my Storm Brand is not lowering damage of best skelemage, lightning one.
"
evilmindcz wrote:
So now i can use culling like this.

And, i can remove ALL points from Sovereignty too, so i now even have spare point for Avatar of Fire, so my Storm Brand is not lowering damage of best skelemage, lightning one.

Spicy moves. The reservation shield is a great idea.

This buid is such an excellent league starter and skeleton mages are so much fun to play that I love seeing how people will push to min-max it over the rest of the league.
"
So this is my first necro build and I am loving it thank you. I didnt take vitality since I didnt get an enlighten but I still seem to be doing fine even with just a tabby. Is the vitality there for later on cuz right now I am only to T9 maps and have only ripped once due to stupid porcupine explosions. Oh and the reason I'm still running tabby is it's a +2 duration gems for only 16c and the next chest that has that with defenses is stupid expensive. All in all great build I like the revamp from 1.19 I find less projectiles is still super fast alot of times things die off screen before I see them and if I need more clear pop vaal and its normally ready to go again before those expire.

Also I'm wondering if the new minions give 10% elemental exposure helm implicit is worth running I have been using it but not sure if it's actually doing anything to help my DPS

I REALLLY like life regen.
If you are good at manually dodging, you can get by without Vitality.

+2 duration Tabula is what I am using, its great.

As far as the new exposure helm...
It would only allow the zombies and golem to apply exposure, and they stay close to you, so no exposure for distant mobs.

But its not bad.
"
first off this build has been a blast to play. i originally started it as the original version and have since switched. have noticed it feels like i have lost alot of damage and noticed that the original tree had alot more minion dmg nodes in it. currently running a8 maps and am noticing a mass time difference in kill times on bosses and clear speed in general. anyone have any suggestions or am i having to now start looking at cluster jewels to spike my dmg further?

+2 duration Tabula.

You lose 134 life, and some resists.
But resist capping is easy on this build, get more resists elsewhere.

2 levels on the skels is HUGE.

Places to invest.
Jewels with minion damage, minion flat added cold and fire, etc.

Expensive wands, +1 gems AND soem minion damage mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info