[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
Seipherwood wrote:
Would Volley work better then GMP? I remember last league Volley was better with SOs due to it not having such a harsh damage penalty, or does that not really effect the mages as much?

Still too many projectiles for me.

Still a LOT less single target dps.

But its a choice.
Hey, thanks for the build and the attention to detail for newer players, it's very helpful.

Regarding your stance on PoB, as a newer player I don't even look at the dps numbers on it because I don't really understand them.

However, I still use it because I find it a very useful "all in one" kind of tool, where I can look at the tree, the gear, and the skills all in a couple clicks.
Thanks for the guide.
Last edited by 0sync0 on Jan 22, 2021, 2:43:09 PM
Thanks a lot for the build, it's a pleasure to play.
The question arose - if there is enough survival, maybe it is worth taking the commander of darkness instead of the bone barrier? In addition, you can abandon the elemental equilibrium in the skills tree, there are still a lot of resists
Last edited by R1verse on Jan 22, 2021, 4:42:46 PM
New base of Darksteel boots combined with passive Glansing blows? What is their priority?
Sorry for my lang)))
I hope you can understand):D

Update - i have 75% block chance/ boots - useless
Last edited by Ex3mal59 on Jan 22, 2021, 4:46:20 PM
Is there a way for the skeletons to have a 100% uptime or do I have to keep summoning with this build
"
R1verse wrote:
Thanks a lot for the build, it's a pleasure to play.
The question arose - if there is enough survival, maybe it is worth taking the commander of darkness instead of the bone barrier? In addition, you can abandon the elemental equilibrium in the skills tree, there are still a lot of resists

Yes Commander of Darkness is a great alternative to Bone Barrier in the ascendency if you want to get more offense, at the expensive of less defense.

It's a choice.

I love me some life regen, Bone Barrier gives me 20% more life regen and 10% increased phys damage reduction.

But others may want the offense of CoD

As far as EE.
Bosses have reduced effect of curses on them.
EE gets full effect on bosses.

That's why I like it.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 22, 2021, 6:44:05 PM
"
dereck5475 wrote:
Is there a way for the skeletons to have a 100% uptime or do I have to keep summoning with this build

Nope, you have to keep summoning.

In a way, it's a lot like a totem playstyle.

As you move through maps, you cast your skels ahead of you, like you would totems.

At least with Skels, when you are in a stay in one place situation, the skels last 37 seconds.
Thanks, btw any good shield options if I want to go for a more defensive route?
So this is my first necro build and I am loving it thank you. I didnt take vitality since I didnt get an enlighten but I still seem to be doing fine even with just a tabby. Is the vitality there for later on cuz right now I am only to T9 maps and have only ripped once due to stupid porcupine explosions. Oh and the reason I'm still running tabby is it's a +2 duration gems for only 16c and the next chest that has that with defenses is stupid expensive. All in all great build I like the revamp from 1.19 I find less projectiles is still super fast alot of times things die off screen before I see them and if I need more clear pop vaal and its normally ready to go again before those expire.

Also I'm wondering if the new minions give 10% elemental exposure helm implicit is worth running I have been using it but not sure if it's actually doing anything to help my DPS
Last edited by Shadowslayer187 on Jan 22, 2021, 8:47:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info