[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Think u should wait and see the nerf to Vaal Gems first ;-)
nice,new thread.il keep an eye on this one.idk il start with this same as previous league.. since idk how minions dmg will scale now.. i think if we invest allot in it,it will be great again but then again maybe invest in another build that is more capeable of doing bosses & clearing.but il check your thread :D to see what you gonna change about it :) hope it all works out
"
jpkiwi wrote:
Think u should wait and see the nerf to Vaal Gems first ;-)

Zombies and Skeletons were specifically mentioned in the balance manifesto as NOT being touched.

But you are right, anything is possible in the patch notes.
"
pluke89 wrote:
nice,new thread.il keep an eye on this one.idk il start with this same as previous league.. since idk how minions dmg will scale now.. i think if we invest allot in it,it will be great again but then again maybe invest in another build that is more capeable of doing bosses & clearing.but il check your thread :D to see what you gonna change about it :) hope it all works out

Quite right, this build is NOT the build for investing 100's of exaults, there are others that are better for that.

There are 2 good reasons to use this build.

You are a newbie, and struggle in this oh so difficult game.

You want a league starter that will get to red maps and end game bosses with minimal currency, so you can save up for your expensive build.
I read the patch notes.
SKELETON MAGES!

I added a Skeleton Mage Version section in the guide.

I think it will be strong, but I think the unique jewel needed will be in demand, thus expensive at first.

So, it's something to transition to later, after the price drops.
PoB is not for looking at DMG numbers, i want to see all build, gear and links in easy way. All my friend that start play PoE ask me for PoB link, so they can see gear and gems that build is needed.
here i just like put his poe planner into pob for myself lol. its not perfect but you can use it :)
https://pastebin.com/VbzMA2jw
Last edited by MavNasty on Jan 12, 2021, 9:17:59 PM
Following
Could I switch the off-hand wand to a high armor shield for more survivability? Or do you think it would lower the damage too much?
"
SolidStar wrote:
Could I switch the off-hand wand to a high armor shield for more survivability? Or do you think it would lower the damage too much?

Yes, you absolutely can.
Less damage, more defense.
Get a shield with spell block and life gained on block.
(That would help more than high armor.)

I think the damage is better, but it's a judgement call.

Last edited by Odif on Jan 13, 2021, 1:53:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info