💣Velyna's Poets Pen Blade Blast 💣 All Content | Easy Start | Melt Endgame | 2 Button Gameplay

"
311311 wrote:
What would be the next best upgrade for me?
Ferruls fur is way to expensive, is the gloves the next best upgrade? As I can almost get them currently.

I seem to do a lot less then you, but I thought my items were only a little behind, as even if I did have the chest, it wouldn't really be added that much damage anyway(would allow a higher precision) but that's it right?

some of the guide is different then the POB, like enduring exposure isn't on the POB, it has battle hardened instead

Gloves are a defence upgrade for sure. Flasks and an Overwhelming Malice medium cluster would be nice DPS upgrades.

The final PoB doesn't use the Enduring Composure because it gets endurance charges from replica farruls, until then you probably want it.

https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
gionid wrote:
Sorry Velyna's i am still in need of your help i cant wrap my head arround the the fact it takes quite a while to kill the boss on t14-16 even on blighted maps the bosses take a while to kill, i know i need still 1 level for my blade blast etc also need the +1 to all physical gems on my necklace and 4 character levels but still this is not 9million dps it should be and it is really annoying me xD

Looking at your character in PoB the main things I notice:

- 21 blade blast and a +1 necklace would be ~1.8mil dps

- Overwhelm on belt helps against certain map mods and tanky bosses

- Missing a few % hit chance, need one flat accuracy roll somewhere

- Anomalous Kinetic Bolt gives lots of attack speed

:)
"
Stone_Exile wrote:
Hi, should awakened spell cascade have quality on it? I am asking, because I think Bladefall should have as little as possible aoe for blade blast detonations?

Am I right?

Yes, not sure why that wasn't changed earlier...mistake I guess!

No AoE increases for bladefall.
Last edited by Velyna on Feb 10, 2021, 1:06:46 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Enjoying the build quite a bit.
Last edited by Stone_Exile on Feb 10, 2021, 9:23:49 PM
Just a quick heads up, AoE corruption implicit on Poet's Pen would greatly improve clear. The mod is global, so both Blade Fall and Blade Blast overall AoE would get increased (you'll reach a point where you can spam the trigger skill on the middle of the screen and everything in a really big radius will just melt away). You also remove the issue with lingering blades from Blade Fall falling awkwardly too distant from each other, leading to Blade Blast's explosion not overlapping.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Feb 10, 2021, 10:57:56 PM
Thoughts on
? I assume the loss of HP and Overwhelm (plus having to have near-perfect resists in all other slots) isn't really worth the speed buff since our atk/cast speed is so fast already.
"
bubnick wrote:
Thoughts on
? I assume the loss of HP and Overwhelm (plus having to have near-perfect resists in all other slots) isn't really worth the speed buff since our atk/cast speed is so fast already.

Could be alright. The IAS and Cast Speed will both contribute to Anomalous Kinetic Bolt's attack rate, and the Increased CDR is nice as well. But you said it best, the lack of resists and life is pretty rough considering how tightly this build is put together. You might be able to make it work by squeezing an extra resist into your amulet and boots.
Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
Last edited by OriginalPhee on Feb 11, 2021, 3:48:32 AM
Hey Velyna! I loved the idea of this build and had so much fun playing with it but I completed my build with little differences. Maybe you can check my build and give me some tips if I missed something. Thank you for creating this awesome guide!
Hey again! Loving the build so far. I just have two questions if you don't mind!
1. I just made it to maps, and I'm level 65. I feel fairly squishy, and die quite easily. I was res capped at Kitava, and I was getting two-shot there. I'm running your defensive setup of SteelSkin<CwDT and Enfeeble<CwDT<Blood Rage, and I'm rocking Vitality and Clarity. What else can I do to up my defenses? I haven't switched to "Ramping" quite yet.
2. What exactly is "Ramping"? Is this basically my mapping setup? How much do I have to rework my tree to do Ramping?

Thank you very much!
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Just a quick heads up, AoE corruption implicit on Poet's Pen would greatly improve clear. The mod is global, so both Blade Fall and Blade Blast overall AoE would get increased (you'll reach a point where you can spam the trigger skill on the middle of the screen and everything in a really big radius will just melt away). You also remove the issue with lingering blades from Blade Fall falling awkwardly too distant from each other, leading to Blade Blast's explosion not overlapping.

problem is you really don't want bladefall to have more aoe. Getting Asenath's Gentle touch will drastically improve clear if that is your concern.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info