GGG is Hiring Quality Assurance Testers

We live in 2020 and you still force people to work in person, even playtesting?

Like, no wonder you only get people where bugs over bugs get passed through.
You have a playerbase WORLDWIDE and especially in a pandemic, you are not able to offer home office?

Then try a beta/test server. Be it public or just streamers. But your strategy didn't work and again, no change. Except you telling us in another post that you switch some attitude in scaling.

I fucking love poe and even if a league is underwhelming I love the base game. But the quality of the game was never "good", bugs and technical issues were always by our side. Quality is only declining and you are too stubborn to change. If the years showed us anything, that you guys need way more tester and not to limit your quality assurance to your country.

No one will move to you to be a tester and if you think the best game testers live in your country, I would show again the past of your game and disagree.

YOu still have time, no competition did you a big favor. But one-day that's over and your playerbase won't forget.
Last edited by Moritonel on Nov 16, 2020, 6:56:57 AM
i would apply but i live in the Netherlands!
Only 1000 hours? Rookie numbers
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering for bug testing!

ahaha
"
wegeling wrote:
i would apply but i live in the Netherlands!

Eh, switch one or two letters here and there and you're basically living in New Zealand
"
path23leech wrote:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering for bug testing!

ahaha

Yeah I got a good chuckle out of that line item. Perhaps a CS degree in NZ means something different over there. The curriculum and - above all - the cost of the degree here is not anything anyone would ever consider if their job prospects are video game testing (unless it's unit testing to actually leverage what you learn in computer science).

GGG: hello and welcome, we have an exciting opportunity!

Applicant: awesome, what does it pay?

GGG: competitive salary, $30k USD

Applicant: but I have a CS degree...

GGG: yes thank you but this is just testing video game

Applicant: <crickets>

GGG: well ok thank you for stopping by, have a nice day!

Here it wouldn't even get to the above but it's funny to think how that interview would go.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
suitto wrote:

Wonder what happened to the current QA guy.

ROFL
"
Dedisdead wrote:
You could also create a PTR and invite all your streamers and applicants who sign a NDA. You need MASSES !

The problem is not that their is no PTR. There is. They simply have no release ready in time that could be tested.
Sorry to repeat was was said already, but a QA job for a Computer Science degree is INSULTING.
This is the kind of job that you take mid-college to pay bills, not a long term position.
"
Sorry to repeat was was said already, but a QA job for a Computer Science degree is INSULTING.
This is the kind of job that you take mid-college to pay bills, not a long term position.

Nope, that can be valid. A good QA tester with automation skills and the ability to both know what needs testing and be able to design tests for it is a skilled and vital role in business.
And the view that "it's just a one-off need which an intern can do part-time" (I parody) is exactly why so much buggy, unreliable, not-fit-for-purpose code gets released.

Does it need a CS degree, however? No. If you're talking QA on low-level code, debugging machine processes, performance tuning - sure, but that's not the role described. It needs a very organised, logical mind and a very thorough mindset, and merits degree-calibre remuneration, but unless it's a really technical role a CS degree probably isn't a good fit.

Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info