GGG is Hiring Quality Assurance Testers

"
gruumine wrote:
Scripting automated test-cases and improving our testing tools.

Really, the folks who writes the automated test-cases & manually checks the builds for problems are also responsible for improving the testing tools? How would they find the time to do that given that there is a release every 3 months and with new release comes new tests to automate.

1000 hours of experience with our game, Path of Exile.

LOL!!! Mama said, don't play computer games or no one will give you any job! :p

Also, I wish they had said 1000 hours of Action-RPG games rather than POE.

1000 hours does not even give someone the remotest clue about anything any PoE.
Players with 10's of thousands of hours are the few that grasp the majority of the game's mechanics and even then not all of them.
"
MpieceMonster wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"Please only apply if you currently reside in New Zealand and are either a New Zealand Citizen or Resident."

Is there seriously no workarounds for this rule whatsoever and even in today's situation with the virus forcing most to work from home anyway? I think the devs spoke about these weird state-wide regulations before, but why is this outdated system still in place? There is so much talent all over the world that you can have working on and improving your game and yet you are limited by such strict mandates that give you no lee-way in hiring people other than from your own country. With New Zealand having a small population compared to the rest of the world, finding talented programmers would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I just don't know... Something has to be done about this, whether it's talking with the state legislature or whatever is needed to improve this law.

Many countries around the world have similar laws that employment must be sought domestically before they can even have the possibility of hiring outside their home country...even then, the companies have to provide proof it isn't possible to find such employees domestically. It protects the job prospects of the citizens living in the home country.

I know for a fact that Canada has similar laws as I get asked a multitude of employment related questions from the boarder officers each time I go over for work related purposes.

Sure, it doesn't mean those countries are successful though. America, UK and plenty of other countries allow outsourcing for work and those countries are successful with multi-billion dollar games like World of Warcraft from Blizzard (America), Runescape from Jagex (UK) and plenty of other examples. How GGG ended up getting this many talented people from such a small country has always been mind-boggling to me. Either way, I guess if they have to abide by these laws fine but they are only hurting themselves really. Perhaps one day the laws will change for the better, until then it will be a difficult task to find talent without outsourcing indeed.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
I played Wolcen on release. Does that count for beta testing experience?
"
Caulder10 wrote:
1000 hours does not even give someone the remotest clue about anything any PoE.
Players with 10's of thousands of hours are the few that grasp the majority of the game's mechanics and even then not all of them.

That's unfortunate. Going to miss a lot of talented folks due to this. I hope they improve the game's mechanics/on-boarding documents, such that they don't need such requirements.
"
"
sephrinx wrote:
"
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, game design or an equivalent qualification.

LMAO To play a video game? That's a yikes from me dawg.

If you think a tester has to simply play the game, think again lol

The thing is. I work in the QA field as a lead and got my own big project. The job description here is not a QA tester but an automatic tester, which requires more programming knowledge than anything.

This job description is misguiding.
Last edited by Sarimas on Nov 15, 2020, 11:30:00 PM
don't have a bachelor's degree..
One problem - Wrong Country.
Sadge
GL GGG :)
Я няшная девочка худенькая, бледная, не очень высокая, девственная, нецелованная, с тонкими ручками, небольшими ступнями, синяками под глазами, растрёпанными волосами, не выхожу из дому и говорю на разные темы.
Готова помурчать в дискорде, пишите ниже контактные данные, будем вместе проходить карты.
"
Testing new Path of Exile content and features to find problems.
Communicating these problems to the development team through our issue tracking software.
Following up on the state of these problems and working with developers to resolve them.
Checking candidate builds of content updates and patches for problems by going through checklists.
Scripting automated test-cases and improving our testing tools.

This is basically my job, as I'm a software developer, testing software and finding bugs is a specialty.

"
You should meet these requirements:
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, game design or an equivalent qualification.

Mathematics Engineer here
"
At least three months of work experience performing quality assurance for computer games, or other team-based work experience.

5 years of experience on team-based work experience on development and testing.
"
1000 hours of experience with our game, Path of Exile. Our game is extremely complicated and members of our quality assurance team require vast experience with all aspects of the game. While there is some training, it is vital that you already fully understand the game itself in order to apply for this role.

About 4500 hours in.

"
It helps to meet these other requirements:
Have good communication skills.
Be highly organised and hard working.
Have the ability to multitask and prioritise work when required.
Have excellent computer and technical skills.
Be seeking a long term position.

I'm great with all this, especially seeking a long term position, I could do this job for years.

"
This is a full-time role in Henderson, Auckland. Please only apply if you currently reside in New Zealand and are either a New Zealand Citizen or Resident. The country's borders are closed and we will not be assisting with applying for work visas for this role.

This brings a tear to my eye. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :(
1000 hours... casuals
dead game
bring back 3.13
Only 1k hours?

Everyone with over 5k - Are we a joke to you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info