Chrome Extension to detect recipes in your inventory

To aid matching rares with other people (for Alchemy Orbs/Chaos Orbs) it'd be useful if this tool also outputted a sorted list of all the rares found.

Should be a trivial addition given that the program must already be creating such a list. I'd do it myself, but have no experience with chrome extensions nor js.

:edit:

Sussed out chrome extensions, but urg this javascript is horrible ><.
Giving the power of a programming language to non-programmers is only ever going to end in pain.

Give me proper Java any day of the week.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
Last edited by TJJ on May 14, 2012, 6:01:16 PM
Okay, to those who want a list of rares, and can't wait I figured out a hack.

A horrible hack. Please know that this hack is so terrible, shallowly thought out and redneck, that every time you use it, 10 programmers will get waken up from their sleep by a nightmare, and abandon their profession permanently. It's very likely buggy, but it seemed to do it's job for me.

Here are the steps for this process:

0. Close Chrome if it's running

1. Navigate to your Chrome extension folder. For vista users this is:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions

2. Look through the folders with random glibberish names. Check their contents, and the contents of the folders within. You are looking for a file named matcher.js with eleven other files in the folder.

3. Open the file, navigate to line 132 which should look like this:
function (i) { return i.rarity == 'rare' && i.explicitModCount > modcount; });

4. Replace this line with the following:
function (i) { return i.rarity == 'rare'; });

5. Start Chrome and open the extension. It will now list your rares in the "Orb of Augmentation" Category.

6. Bow your head on the keyboard and say a prayer for the souls of the programmers you just sacrificed.

Don't thank me for this. This is not something any sane coder would look up to. Use it only if you feel it's necessary, or you are completely merciless. Don't count me accountable for any damage it does in your browser (though it simply leaves out a condition, I think it doesn't break anything).
No need for hacking - I've made the necessary additions to the scripts, and will release a modded version once I've tidied it up a little.

I've also removed the 'lock'ing behavior (which was put in so that items would only appear in one recipe at a time).
I found the behavior to be counter-productive.

While I'm at it I might put in detection for the missing recipes.

Still adamant Javascript is a horrible mess; far too many short-hands that lead to overly complicated, unreadable and unmaintainable code.
Thank you. I misunderstood, from your reply I thought you've gave up on trying to make these changes.

I didn't want to spend too much time on understanding the code and making the addition. I suspected HouseAbsolute or someone else (with more JS experience than me) will add these features in a proper, user-friendly manner.

I made this hack because I wanted something now even if a bit inadequate, and shared it because I suspect others may feel the same.
Ok, my modifications are in a releasable state.

It can be found here (poe_ext_plus.crx).

Script works as before, but now has a few new features:

- Lists your rares

In a big list below the recipe table.

- copying your list of rares to the clipboard

Clicking the 'Copy your rares to Clipboard' button will make a plain-text copy of your rare list in a format that is suitable to be posted in the trade forums.

- comparing your list of rares with someone else's list.

Copy someone else's list from the trade forums into the clipboard (Ctrl+C on Windows).
Click the 'Compare your rares to Clipboard' button, and your rare list will be compared against the list in the clipboard. The comparison is quite tolerant, so don't worry about white-space, or special characters, or additional words. So long as the first two words on each line are a rare item's "forename surname" it'll cope.
If there are any matches they will be displayed in a dialogue box, and copied back to the clipboard in a format suitable to paste back into the trade forums.

- Detection for one new recipe.

Regal Orb from 3xidentically named rares.
Will add more in the next update.

- Disabled the 'locking' behaviour

This prevented the recipe detector from using the same item in multiple recipes. I found this behaviour to be counterproductive; it's better to let the user decide which recipe is more important to them.

Source for my modded version is available here for now; I'll upload my changes back to my git fork once I'm finished.

Hope people find this useful; I certainly have!

Note.

Before beginning this modification, I'd never written a single line of javascript in my life! (lots & lots of Java, but no javascript).
It's very much a bodged together piece of code.. but then I have a feeling that's the nature of javascript.

Give me straight Java anytime ;)

Usual Disclaimer:

I certify that none of my modifications to this Chrome extension are intended to perform any malicious acts. That said, I accept no liability for damage caused by use of this tool. This tool is provided as-is, use at your own risk.

:edit:

Updated binary, source & description.
Last edited by TJJ on May 16, 2012, 9:21:28 AM
"
Apps must be served with content type application/x-chrome-extension.

I have been getting that error, when trying to install.
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on May 16, 2012, 9:57:24 AM
"
nzrock wrote:
"
Apps must be served with content type application/x-chrome-extension.

I have been getting that error, when trying to install.
I have as well.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
In the mean-time save target and drag& drop it into chrome to install.
I did that solution just as you wrote that reply; now, wanna trade? :)

Edit: I'll write my new list in your trade post.
Last edited by szoltomi on May 16, 2012, 11:29:25 AM
"
TJJ wrote:
In the mean-time save target and drag& drop it into chrome to install.

Awesome, that works :D
Sweeping Maid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info