Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

There's still quite a number of things, that I'am wondering about - like "Stash affinities", HOW Heist will go "Core", trillion questions about PoE 2, e.t.c.
But for now I'll got back to "Hades". Damn that game is G.O.O.D!
So all ppl that spend money on this game a happy with delay and ppl that dont suport it bitching that its delayed :D
"...while comparing your progress to your friends and feeling that you found better stuff earlier than they did."

This is not true for all players.
Well, this certainly sucks.
After the failure of Heist i was looking forward to the next expansion, already made plans a week ago with friends that we are gonna push.
Now its delayed into January?
like ... that means it releases AFTER the holidays.
So everyone at Uni gets fucked astronomically cause january 15th is 2 weeks before the start of exams....
I'm fairly certain i cannot actually play this release for the WHOLE FIRST MONTH

I'm very disapointed cause i was looking forward to it.
so, in essence I'll have gone half a year without a playable poe league releasing, cause my guess is im not gonna come back to a league missing the first month.

I just hope GGG thought about this when making the decision cause im pretty sure everyone attending a Uni in middle europe has the same schedule.

Time to play some other games i guess ...

:(

really wanted to play PoE tho :(
Endless Delve would be very simple to throw in.

1. Max current total of Sulfite(This way it changes when upgraded)

2. Freeze at Max(Self explanatory)

3. Decide to make event voided or not.

4. Watch player numbers blow up the servers and be registered as a DDoS, lol.

Thanks for the candid and honest post though.
As always thank you, for reading my thoughts, and for your time. Be well Exiles.
Now i get not releasing due to business reasons and i can wait until january.

But 3.13 better be point on if you have a month more of potential devtime.
I consider my self lucky with heist and didnt have a single crash but you need to deliver this time GGG this better be solid and slick as glass.
Hi GGG , Hi Chris,

Thanks for this post with all your mental doubt and annalisis, it feel better to know all the reasons behind this decision.

I totally understand the mecanic behing the launch of a league, and the danger if it will be in side of a big game. You have stats, so ... Its already happened, and its already be a disaster so i understand.

Yes, we have a lot of player FAN of POE, and Yes, i've planned and enjoy the idea to play new league or stuff this decembre in my holiday , that's absolutly normal. I hope, i want you will be able to give us something to eat for this end of years, having some fun with full legion-delirium-breach-metamorphe map haha .

Anyway, thanks for this philosophi and this transparency.
Love
Tey'
"
Maverick6623 wrote:
GGG now doesn't trust their player base to play their game. They made a choice to better their selves and not their player base.

It's not the distrust of their player base, but rather getting with the new trends and with the years, you have to understand that your own understanding and point of view as well as decisions, makes you the only person entitled by them, not everyone else.

We live in year 2020, soon to be 2021, in comparison with previous years, by now, the 2020, the gaming industries have grown tremendously, and a so does the "player base" following the years, you live in a society where children get accustomed to "gaming" from a very young age, and you also live in a year where there are simply T O O - M A N Y - C H O I C E S of games to pick from, unlike before where your choices were simply, L I M I T E D.

We live in a year where almost everyone, plays almost everything and anything, gamers don't stick to ONE game, that's only a very small percent of the whole gaming community world wide that does it, either because they don't have money to afford other gaming consoles, better pc parts, newer consoles, and the list goes on, or simply because they have not the time to be switching between games and have decided on their own accord sticking to one game before they move on the next when the right time comes.

As i pointed out on the first paragraph, i mentioned the word "trend", and what's the biggest trend on the internet for gamers? They will play/test/try the most popular/most advertised game almost 90% of the time. Let's be honest, Cyberpunk has had so much populairity, advertisement, being talked about in every community, doesn't matter if that community is that of Gaming, Anime, Politics, Science or freaking Animal Planet, you will most likely see them mention Cyberpunk at some point, so it doesn't matter what you say, the fact still is that everyone will log into Cyberpunk when it releases, and it WILL impact many game's player bases.

It's not just GGG that will suffer from loss of player base from Cyberpunk's release, everyone else will too, i am telling you now, WoW Shadowlands releases on the 23rd, watch the player base spike up for 2 weeks and then watch how it dies out for a couple weeks when Cyberpunk releases, and i believe you wouldn't launch your game either 24 hours after such a colossal title, it's a sure-lose tactic.

This is basic Marketing, mate, no company out there will ever satisfy their customers if it meant their doom in return for doing so, absolutely nobody, just like a restaurant wouldn't serve you a spoiled piece of meat from last year just because you demanded them to serve you the dish while they were telling you that they ran out of it.

"
Maverick6623 wrote:
I for one will not be buying any supporter packs for this league and maybe for ever.

That's frankly your own decision, however you can't tell other people what to do or force/suggest your ideas on them. People can read through the lines, they can understand, and make their decision if they wish to continue supporting GGG by buying their supporter packs or not.

I, for one, just look at Chris' post as a truthful, honest post that doesn't hide the fact (that we all knew/suspected anyway) that the reason of the delay is the release date of Cyberpunk and the risk of losing player base/numbers/money, he openly admited that it's a fall he will not take for him, the company and also its employees.
now that clears quite a lot of things up. from a companys standpoint such as yours it makes quite a lot of sense and im glad you came out straightforward. 2020 has been a really... difficuilt year, for everyone included. lets just hope 2021 is goin to be a better one
"
anti4z500 wrote:
So all ppl that spend money on this game a happy with delay and ppl that dont suport it bitching that its delayed :D

I purchased many supporter packs and a divination card, and I am unhappy with the delay. Shouldn't make generalizations.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info