Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

I understand you're a business. I can only imagine how difficult balancing consumer and business needs is on such a large scale. I would have enjoyed a new league during the holidays, but I'll enjoy it just as much in January. My level of enjoyment in a game is not impacted by the day of the year I'm playing it on. So, do what you need to do on the business side of things. Breaks my heart to see how cruel some of these comments are. You're making the right decision, Chris!

P.S. If the team gets some free time, crackling lance buffy buff for the flash back event would be enough to have a successful event. We all love the skill so so much.

Cheers, GGG!
That's reasonable especially after this crazy year the dev team deserves that time off. Personally I don't mind when the the league launch is, and I don't care too much for cyberpunk either (maybe I will pick up complete edition few years later - if it's good). Most important is to have a working and stable version of 3.13 by release, it is a core endgame expansion so it is always more exciting for me than the other mid-year leagues.

The holiday multiweek event sounds fun, hope it will be good.

I was a bit surprised by this announcement to be honest, this level of transparency I rarely see - but I appriciate it.
Times are hard all around with the changes in the work place and then to have a clash like this. Wise decision keep up the great work.
"
DixuMixu wrote:

was the f-bomb profanity necessary in an offical post, though?

kinda was ...

"
Chris wrote:

Bex is campaigning very hard for us to work out how to do Endless Delve, for example.

Dear god please... it is all we ever wanted...
Thanks for the update.
It's perfectly understandable: protect the moral of your employees and protect the future of the game by protecting your business model.
It's the right choice, thanks!
I love how so many people fail to see beyond the selfish reason that they want to play and can't appreciate the honesty here, you would never see a communication post like this from Blizzard etc.

Considering the start of heist I think everyone who is just a little bit clever have no issues what so ever with the delayed leaguestart. People also tend to forget the fact that Heist was in such a bad shape at launch that they had to work way more on fixing the current league instead of working on the new one like they usually do and since the December expansion usually is rather large I'm more then happy enough to wait for it to be released in a good quality state.

It has also been a really weird year so the staff for sure deserve their vacation, while it is sad that we don't get the opportunity to play during the holiday some things are more important for the long-term success.

Personally not going to play cyberpunk so looking forward to the flashback event and completing 40 challenges as usual.
Im with you GGG <3
I don’t think there is a problem. As a player who likes the road of exile, I would rather see the game become more popular, more players, and longer life span. It’s just a delay to update the new version, which can bring a lot of positive benefits. In this case, the delay is very meaningful!
"
Chris wrote:
...But the commercial reality is that if we kept our original release date, we would be fucked.

Fair enough. This is how I wanted the news delivered - just straight up brutal honesty. Thank you for that Chris.

Also... Bex's Endless Delve idea? Sign me up :)
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Oct 30, 2020, 5:03:51 AM
"
Kross0m wrote:

if this is more "streamers events" i rly quit.

He just said one of the reasons for the delay with would be all their streamers gone for playing cyperpunk, so how on earth would it be a streamer event? guess you didn't really read what he said.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info