Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

unpopular opinion: It is not important to me whether the expansion appears in December, January or February - but that it is a good expansion. Take your time, prepare yourself, show creativity and inventiveness - that's all I want to see. I have fun in Heist league, I can wait. Please stop being pressured by the haters - do what you do best: make your own, independent and sometimes unpopular decisions, that's what Path of Exile was built on and that's how we learned to love Path of Exile.

(f-bomb was over the top - I can feel the frustration, but don't play the game of the haters, don't use their language, the majority of the community is better than that)
People playing a video game day-one in 2020 . . . LUL
Good decision. Keep doing good work. We all love you.
Sounds reasonable.
Would be nice if Heist leauge would last that much longer though.
IGN: Maelifica
I dont give a **** for cyberpunk !!!
I like this delay, Shadowlands launches 24th Nov and raid opens 10 Dec. I most likely won't be bored of it by then but most likely by 15 Jan so I can come back and play next league so I'm happy.
Makes sense, thank you for sharing the insight.

Endless delve sounds fun btw.

I would still be happy to get my garden and the real crafting back (I have seen the light, don‘t push me back into the darkness).
"
Xystre wrote:
I wonder what are you willing to do to actually gain trust of those that got really harmed by this decision, as company I'm sure you know that trust is everything.

Endless delve? after we're doing endless heists almost? (if your currency can fund it) how it's different and exciting, sure delving is nice but endless?

How can this move harm people?
My wife and I had already decided to skip the next league exactly as they say, because of Cyberpunk. The Witcher 3 was a huge hit for us and so we think CP will be too.

I think this was a hard decision though.
Essentially a choice between a big loss on one league and a long term loss of players.

I know I stopped playing POE after 3.0 because I was forced to skip one league and then lost momentum only coming back for Delve. I might never have come back. It's a risk.

The one month delay is probably not enough to lose much momentum.

Probably the right decision.
Okay.

Its all about the money, thanks for the confirmation.

This one off 4 month cycle will make the next league launch more playable.

Guess we need more contenders around league launches, so future leagues could be delayed as well and be more polished, instead of letting the paying playerbase beta test your product.

I dont think your new experimental cadence will work under the same time constraints of 3 months even after you refined the process. Unless 2 or three leagues in a row show otherwise.

Also from now on (to avoid getting "fucked") future leagues will get constantly delayed as well when hyped games (including non-arpgs or h&s) show up.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 30, 2020, 5:34:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info