Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

Completely understandable. Hope you all enjoy your vacation.
I completly agree with the decision as someone who will not play Cyberpunk2077.
Also I am looking forward to Flashback with Synthesis and Harvest *Wink*
Good decision indeed and I will support GGG just because of the way they conduct themselves with the community.
"
Bex is campaigning very hard for us to work out how to do Endless Delve, for example.

I want this.

Make it so.

One other thing though:
"
The truth is, for a lot of players, if they miss the initial launch of a league, they'll probably skip it or not take it anywhere near as seriously as if they managed to make good progress and get established in the early days or weeks.

I think a lot of players are robbing themselves of a better POE experience by doing this.

League start is only good if you're ahead of the curve. A few weeks in you can get a generic six link for little more than a divine orb and most non-six link build defining uniques are back down to a hand full of chaos rather than over 1ex like they are at league start.

It's honestly so much mor enjoyable to play a build once the economy is settled and you can get the gear you need with a reasonable budget, rather than missing some key pieces and playing something that doesn't feel good.

Seriously the only thing I really took away from watching Balormage's Working Class Exile series, was that starting later in the league was more time efficient due to the economy. No offence to him, it was a good series for other reasons, but I felt it mostly just showed how far you could get when you already had the game mastery and knowledge (I believe the series started as a push back against people telling him they only had 2 hours/day but totally didn't need to learn anything or improve at the gameplay or efficiency, and that time was the only thing they lacked).

Anyway, don't skip leagues just because you missed launch weekend. It's honestly a way better experience a few weeks in.
Since you guys are able of making relatively good content even when you dont have enough time, Im really excited for the next league, so take all the time you need.
How about..

Fresh Flashback league, where there is 2-4 different events on each area, as it was back in the day.

?? We want that!
For what it's worth, this is hands down the best free game I've ever played and I have been playing games for over 20 years. Can't wait to see how awesome POE 2 ends up being when it's ready. Take care everyone at GGG as well as the POE community.
Not alle heros wear a cape.

Great job Chris and GGG
So you are basically saying that you prefer 100 people who plays your game because there is nothing else to play to 50 people who plays your game because they love it, over other games.

Nice to know.

Perhaps a wise decision for the company but on a completely wrong speech.
Last edited by Yavëtîl on Oct 30, 2020, 6:22:51 AM
Deleted
Last edited by KicsiSVK on Jan 26, 2021, 11:12:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info