3.13 Launch Delayed until January

Weak.
I'm actually a tiny bit happy about this.
It means that I will have time to be with my family during Christmas instead of feeling that I'm missing out on league start..
You should have given them the redmane treatment.. Make a statement!
I'm actually fuming with these answers. PoE population right now is low. And I , like many others, was wondering what would i do if both releases clash. I don't have real numbers and this is up on the air but i feel that most PoE players are people with jobs that will most likely play Cyberpunk and won't have enough time to enjoy the league and Cyberpunk at the same time. This is just how i feel, i feel that most of us are over our 20s and have to deal with irl stuff already. I think that GGG knows its audience. And although there are many crying to GGG as if they were entitled to something, there are many of us that agree with this decision.
Also, i don't even care is this is a made up "excuse," it didn't even cross my mind to judge how much you guys work.
Hope GGG isn't discouraged by loud feedback. And overall a feel that this is a good marketing move and healthy for PoE, as a new influx of new players will probably be on an all-time low with CP release.
What if near the release date, CP was delayed again? have GGG considered that?

I understand that it's an anticipated game and a lot of people might shift their attentions to the new kid on the block but PoE does have an audience that has shown through the dozens of posts that they don't care about CP.

Launching the day it was scheduled for, would be a good benchmark for GGG to understand how a high profile game can affect PoE (or not). Yes, it's money that's on the line here but if ends up of not having a big impact in PoE player base, the delay might have the opposite effect.

Who cares about cyberpunk. GIEF 3.13 NAO!
wow,.. just delay the league 1 week so it start december 18. thats a common league start date anyway...
Though, I do believe the CP excuse is lame, I am happy to hear of a delay.

I will assume that those players that are actually bitching were not around for last holiday season.

I love the fact that 3.13 is being delayed until after the holidays. At least this way we do not have as much of a risk of having a faulty league launched and then a couple of weeks of nothing as everyone is away for the holidays.

Personally, I think it is refreshing to see a delay, rather than a rush. Whether one agrees with the reason or not, who cares. It should be a positive for the player base. But GGG, wtf...why not just give a reason related to the game at hand instead of another game entirely?
PC : SqueakyToyOfTerror
XB : R3SPAWN#7045
Discord : R3SPAWN
Last edited by R3SPAWN7045 on Oct 29, 2020, 2:27:00 PM
As somebody who doesn't constantly play POE, although I have more this league than before since my brother is playing.... this is disappointing.

If it is to be delayed then fine, but to "blame" it on another game is a bit out there. You either believe your game carries enough weight to float any new releases or it doesn't..

If the reason is because you want to make sure the league is better than Heist is/was, then say that... Id respect that a whole lot more.
Take all the time you need. Good content is better than fast content.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
One other thing worth noting is that POE is a free to play game vs. a 1 time purchase game (unless dlc comes out for CP2077). Poe has no barrier to start playing, so that immediately makes it more accessible to players. I think CP2077 is sitting at a $60 preorder price tag right now. That alone will keep me from buying the game just yet, I can wait until it goes on sale. Yeah, I'm sure it will still sell a ton of copies, but there are also a lot more people now that can't afford that price for a game that "might" be good. I don't think GGG has to worry as much as they are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info