What We're Working On

Crackling Lance doesn't seem to gain anything by Intensify Support. previously stated by GGG to be multiplicative with the internal intensift.
Also, AOE increase doesn't seem to do anything except changing the tooltip.
Targeting seems a bit weird as well, once a monster is highlighted it keeps casting at it no matter if you target other area.
Last edited by NirXY on Sep 22, 2020, 5:17:30 PM
The Rogue Harbour Waypoint - I don't like running
We hear you. We'll find a way to make this more efficient but don't know exactly what it looks like yet.

GGG WE ARE ONLY FORCED TO GO OUT BECAUSE WE CANT UNVEIL ITEMS IN HARBOUR.

DOING THAT CHANGES NOTHING, WE STILL HAVE TO PORT TO HIDEOUT EVERY 2 RUNS TO UNVEIL ITEMS NOBODY HAS TO RUN IF WE COULD UNVEIL ITEMS IN HARBOUR.
Glacial Cascade(when spammed, when used with mines) sometimes makes monsters be stuck to the wall(or can sometimes even be pushed out of bound) and invulnerable, this leads to not being able to finish encounters such as Blight.

The Single Target Damage of Glacial Cascade in comparison to other skills used with mines such as Arc is very lackluster, it needs considerably more Damage scaling to even compare.
IGN: SpiritOfMage
SpiritOShadow
I played shattering steel and rerolled at 70 because it felt like shit to clear and had half the damage potential because beeing projectile melee bastard.
So no heist fixed today as told in the previous post?
Crackling lance - Intensify is a clunky mechanic.

I had high hopes for this skill as my first spell/int build but rerolled to an elemental hit raider

Problems: It doesn't do enough damage unless intensified. Intensified beam is hard to hit on monster packs. Intensity is hard to upkeep for boss damage, making the skill a much weaker arc that can basically only be handcasted due to lackluster damage without intensity.

I would entirely ditch the more damage per intensity, increase base damage to compensate and replace the intensity damage with "shock enemies as though dealing x% more damage per intensity" (and potentially raise the shock cap at max intensity), so that its still a damage boost vs bosses via high shocks but doesn't feel like crap to clear with.

With the new design you can actually manage to move and dodge mechanics because you only need to shock once with the fully intensified beam to do damage. It's not as punishing to fire low intensity beams, which is what you're doing the majority of the time (if you want to dodge mechanics and do damage that is). But as long as you fire some big beams for shocks your damage should be up.

The old playstyle can still be achieved with intensify support, if anyone liked it.
So you're working on Heist league. Got it. Thanks. Hope it's enjoyable in week 2
"
For a skill that's based around intensity, it's a shame that Crackling Lance doesn't gain any when triggered. Would've wanted to try some CWC memes with Divine Ire.

Planned general fixes seem good though!

atm im dual wielding mjolners with crackling lance in em
very fun skill to use (even tho single target is shite)
League looking to shape up great after a rough start. I'm looking forward to playing the league for real this weekend!
Discharge Feedback

Heya, my feedback will be specific to Discharge with the Endless Misery jewel, thus a CoC trigger style. I play this archetype every single league, and have for the last 6-7 leagues so it's very near and dear to me.

I was hoping that we'd come out of the Discharge rework with damage and clear being about equal for CoC Discharge from 3.11 to 3.12. Unfortunately, both are lowered. AoE is the bigger issue for sure. Testing on my character, my Discharge AoE with endless misery is lower than my Cyclone AoE... my cyclone. In 3.11 and prior, my Discharge would clear just over half the screen and even with conc effect was not smaller than my Cyclone trigger.

The core problem with the 60% less area penalty on Endless Misery is that it doesn't negate the bonus AoE Discharge got in 3.12, it reduces all sources of AoE which is a bad feeling. It neuters AoE investment in general. Because it's a multiplicative less applied to Discharge in it's entirety, it punishes passive tree AoE, jewel AoE, and gem AoE, alongside Discharge's base and bonus per charge AoE. Please, please, consider making the AoE penalty more specific to Discharge by making it reduce Discharge' base AoE or simply remove or severely reduce the bonus AoE per charge. The penalty as it stands is excessive, it hits all kinds of AoE investment/progression, and it overall nerfs the AoE for CoC Discharge from 3.11 to 3.12 in every scenario.

Damage, I have less complaints about. The damage floor of CoC discharge is significantly raised, because you don't have to gear as hard to reach high APS breakpoints or generate a lot of charges in a very short amount of time. Your generation window is greater and your max triggers per second is capped to 4, so gear investment is greatly reduced, increasing floor damage. However, this results in an overall significant nerf to the ceiling damage and to gear scaling. You can scale the power of fewer discharges to the maximum and it still won't come close to the damage you could get prior with significant gear investment because of 4 triggers (3.12) versus 10 (3.11). There's no beating 10 triggers per second with current available gear/types of scaling.

Thus, to a fanatical CoC Discharge player, it's pretty disappointing to me that the AoE is significantly nerfed, and the damage ceiling has come down to relative to 3.11 :(. I implore you to test out the AoE and consider changes, as this is the most integral part over the damage -- the current AoE is severely crippled. Damage ceiling coming down is a lesser notable issue, but I hope in the future we have some way of better scaling CoC Discharge damage, because up until 3.12 the best method for the most damage was CDR investment for more triggers per second. This avenue is outright removed (Endless Misery "locks" Discharge CD to 250 MS, rendering CDR moot), and with it, a significant source of damage scaling.
Last edited by Anbokr on Sep 22, 2020, 5:19:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info