What We're Working On

For a skill that's based around intensity, it's a shame that Crackling Lance doesn't gain any when triggered. Would've wanted to try some CWC memes with Divine Ire.

Planned general fixes seem good though!
Last edited by Muori on Sep 22, 2020, 5:12:53 PM
great work!
also im super hyped to try out some heist spectres ^o^
Dont know if its has been said before but for the steel skill. Especially shattering steel it would be way more functional if the CALL OF STEEL was 0 CD and could be put on the move button. It has a melee ED CONT feel but way less reliable and worse at everything except bossing maybe? Doesnt feel worth playing at the current stage.
any golden rule fixes incoming?
still bugged.
Here's my bit of feedback about Hexblast.

It's single target damage is terrible.

I've tried playing it for 5 days, gone through many many iterations.

Tried ignite versions. Non-ignite. Ended up going for a crit version, with EQ, 4 curses, lots of damage etc. The clear felt great on a occultist. But the single target damage was still grotesque.

Found a player having the same issue. They tried to maximize the damage with dual void batteries, LL etc. The damage was still by several magnitudes lower to any other skill.

The only semi-working versions I've seen are ignite-archmage. And they're still way weaker than alternatives.

In the end I switched to wintertide brand and with 20 unspent points and an unoptimized tree and items it already was easily outperforming hexblast.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
fishmcmuffin wrote:
I've been playing with Crackling Lance, and I love the visual effects of it, but the skill itself feels weak. Having to stand still to deal max damage should mean that I am doing a crazy amount of damage, but in reality I have to stand still to feel like I'm doing a sufficient amount of damage.

My gear is still pretty bad, but I can't really remember the last time I've had issues killing rares in tier 1 or tier 2 maps.
Basically this. The damage itself seems ok, if MAYBE a little low, but my issue when i was running it was the cast time and animation locks for it.
i'll just copy/paste a wrong statement you made on your New Skills announcements about Crackling Lance :

''The skill has powerful single target damage capacity when handcast, while having reliable area coverage when used with triggers, totems, traps or mines. Its damage bonus is multiplicative with the Intensity support, allowing it to build up incredible single target damage, and its high damage is great for creating very powerful shocks on enemies.''

Wrong.

It's ok if the spell has not an overpowered clear speed, but the single target is not as I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E as u said.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
New Skills Feedback
We've seen various bits and pieces of feedback about the new skills but we would like to get even more. If you have feedback about the new skills, please reply to this post so we can review it. Including specifics is great.

Regarding Splitting Steel and Call of Steel:

- Call of Steel should be instant to cast. The fact that your character stops when you cast this, even with the unique jewels, is bad.

- Splitting Steel should get some kind of help towards single target. Not a lot, but a little bit.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
don't agree with removing alert from killing units. it wasn't perfect and needed changes(especially the kiting when waiting for doors to open),but produced interesting play patterns.Perhaps it should have been tied with being spotted instead of killing.We already have maps to mindlessly kill everything and get loot.
I've been using Firestorm with Archmage on my Hierophant/Pathfinder Ascendant, currently level 85. My plan was that since Firestorm has low base damage now I would augment it with added lightning damage from Archmage.

The issue is that a lot of the self-cast mechanics don't play well with the 3 firestorm limit. Using Unleash means that you'll lose out on one storm when casting with 3 seals, even without picking up +1 seal from the tree. Awakened Spell Cascade has the same problem, and you also don't want to use Spell Echo with Unleash or Spell Cascade for the same reason.

I don't feel like the damage on a single cast of Firestorm is high enough to justify that 3 storm limit, even with Archmage. Plus with Archmage you ideally want to cast as little as possible to conserve mana, which is why I wanted to use Unleash and Spell Echo with it.

Please consider raising the limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info