What We're Working On

"
New Skills Feedback

Splitting Steel is very underwhelming both in clear and single target. I was expecting something similar to frost blades with a slight shift towards single target, but with the missing multistrike and no overlapping explosions on bosses it is very lackluster while still losing out on the clear (which is fine when comparing to frost blades).

Shattering steel seems to sometimes not hit at all when very close to the enemy to try and hit all projectiles. It happened on 100% accuracy but was very inconsistent (Standing in the same spot with same mouse position sometimes hit all, sometimes no projectiles)

I'm pleasantly surprised with call of steel, it makes clearing quite nice but I feel the downside of losing all Impale stacks is quite heavy against bosses.
That's all from me so far, overall somewhat happy with how these 2 skills turned out.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Hexblast (and more general Curse/Doom) feedback:

What you can curse in order to Hexblast / Impending Doom / etc feels very strange; I believe I can curse the Forest of Flames / Torchoak Grove style totems, but not totems like those summoned by Doedre Darksoul (the ones to hide behind while she screams) or the curse totems in the Izaro fight. While the skill is obviously worse when this doesn't work, the inconsistency/inability to predict what you can and can't use those skills on is frustrating.
Are you guys learning from Blizzard how to NOT make patches/releases?
"As per usual, we are monitoring these closely and fixing issues as quickly as we can." - helps alot fixing every other bug in Heist if I get crash anyway, lol.
Signed
Vermyn
nice memes
hexblast could feel better to use if it prioritized cursed enemies near your cursor to trigger the blast more consistently
THANK YOU for adressing these things and are working ASAP on these.
Greatest League to come to POE to date but my god the bugs lol :D
Thankfully you are the best ARPG team out there so shouldn´t be a problem to fix them.
Just feel sad for people that ditched the league and are not coming back because of the issues.

I felt really in need of a new POE league and new content but I wouldn´t have mind it being pushed back a week or two to polish out patches.. OR.. do a private beta server for select individuals that can help you further test things outside the offices.

I don´t really like how BETA servers for Diablo looked like cause it kinda ruined the exitement but if you can make your BETA tester team bigger that would be great imo.
Mathils actual cat
Almost out of beta HYPE
As somebody in the community currently doing a Shattering / Splitting Steel Champion build, I'd like to give some feedback on the new steel mechanics:

Firstly, the new "Call of Steel" feels amazingly fun with the added caveat that you NEED the "Lord of Steel" jewel with the use speed increase. I would love to see that be made baseline, as the ability itself otherwise feels very clunky to use, especially as it's an integral part to even use your main ability.

Secondly, the "Steel Shard" system requires some additional support by way of item mods, passive tree nodes, ascendancy options (Master of METAL, doesn't do anything for STEEL shards? jk ofc) etc. in order to feel properly implemented.

At the moment the imposed limit of 12 Steel Shards feels EXTREMELY limiting for many of the abilities, especially Lancing Steel, as you can only use it a total of 3 times before you have to pull back the impales.

But even with something like Shattering Steel, which you can use 6 times, you can't even reach your "hit limit" of Impales, before you HAVE to pull back the impales already, if you're a heavily invested character into impales in general (Master of Metal, Pride Watcher's Eye Mod).

I'd love to see some kind of a passive cluster, mods on items, ascendancy node or similar in order to increase the steel shards maximum. For a quick and easy fix, it would be possible to simply increase the baseline to 16, that way Shattering Steel reaches the 8 impale mark that is currently considered the "usual maximum" for most impale builds and lets Lancing Steel also be used one additional time.

Thirdly, the single target damage on all these abilities is extremely lacking due to no proper way of scaling it. Shattering Steel appears to be the most "shotgun-y" of the abilities, but it features a too wide of an arc to hit with most of it's projectiles on a singular target. It would be nice to provide some sort of dialing knob for that, either through tightening the spread through a support gem, or increasing the base-overlap of the projectiles/explosions.

Lastly, Shattering Steel seems to sometimes completely miss targets, even at 100% accuracy (also featuring the "enemies cannot evade"node from the Champion ascendancy). I'm not sure how to re-produce it or what's happening there, but it happens a lot when you try to hit all your projectiles at once (aka. being very close to the target)

Overall I'd like to say that the abilities FEEL great as a first start, but could benefit from some additional support as a general playstyle, as well as a few buffs (Lancing Steel, for example, seems extremely bad, in every way).
Last edited by LunaWolve69 on Sep 22, 2020, 5:17:00 PM
Thanks GGG, honestly you guys rock. So much hard work.
**~~~ The Winds of Shit ~~~**
i started with crackling lance but left it after 20 lvls as it was too much of a pain for the dmg it did i switched the skill
it feels like the crackling lance dmg is too low on any stage and you need archmage+power sigil to do damage but then you empty your pool before the boss boss lost !5% so your running around waiting for it to charge since by the time half the boss life is depleted you ran out of mana flask charges
however its visual is amaaazing and i hope for a mtx for it
thats my opinion on this skill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info