What We're Working On

Keep up the good work
"
Quin69 wrote:
Steel Skills Balancing

Steel skills force you to use a melee weapon but use projectile attacks, making it almost impossible to scale well into the endgame compared to other similar skills (reason: because you cannot benefit from warcrys or half of the nodes on the tree because they are labeled with "Melee" or "Bow")

My feedback would be that GGG could make steel skills function with warcrys OR straight up buff them in order for them to do similar damage to other similar abilities.

OH and maximum of 12 Steel Shards for lancing steel feels AWFUL - maybe a way to increase max ammo???

love you guys, keep up the good work!

- Quon62

Jesus did a 2 year old write this?
Pog
"
Instability01 wrote:
"
Quin69 wrote:
Steel Skills Balancing

Steel skills force you to use a melee weapon but use projectile attacks, making it almost impossible to scale well into the endgame compared to other similar skills (reason: because you cannot benefit from warcrys or half of the nodes on the tree because they are labeled with "Melee" or "Bow")

My feedback would be that GGG could make steel skills function with warcrys OR straight up buff them in order for them to do similar damage to other similar abilities.

OH and maximum of 12 Steel Shards for lancing steel feels AWFUL - maybe a way to increase max ammo???

- Quon62

????please dont listen to this clown

KEKL
Pog
Listen to Reddit enough and you actually start to believe they're right...

"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Sep 22, 2020, 5:26:47 PM
"
Quin69 wrote:
Steel Skills Balancing

- Quon62

ZDPS zero literacy FeelsBadMan
My feedback on the new skills:

Crackling lance: worse clear than arc, single target is pretty bad and unreliable too. It drains too much mana, so sustaining it without a mana flask is pretty much impossible, and this is the biggest reason why i stopped playing it. Visuals are amazing, really expected a lot more from it, its so far the biggest disappointment of the league for me, especially since it was the thing i was excited about the most.

Hex blast: its fun and amazing. Havent reached higher level content yet, a bit afraid the damage will fall off too much, but hoping it will still be good. So far im really happy with it
"
Quin69 wrote:
Steel Skills Balancing

- Quon62

Here's a post full of feedback and i'll be sure to mention this is my feedback. 0Head
If you're looking for feedback on skills, I want to say that Firestorm has a myriad of problems right now with its overall damage scaling.

It makes you not want to stack duration, as it had limited maximum storms and a first-hit bonus. It makes you not want to stack cast speed for the same reason, but *does* reward you for things like RF and Intensify, which is where I struck.

First and foremost, I'm sorry to say, Intensify just doesn't do it. The damage bonus is acceptable in many instances, but the build-up time is too significant even with the changes. As an RF character, I am durable and capable of holding a position long enough to build up more than most other characters, but even then, it's not worth it. The damage I deal in clearing situations, however, is just nonexistent. Without strictly building around the damage component, RF was better for this. I switched to blazing salvo and went the unleash route instead (a superior mechanic that rewards you with more damage for taking the time to dodge, thus being more survivable) and saw an increase in performance on literally every level. I was harder to kill, I cleared faster, and even bosses died faster. Pinpoint was tested first, and immediately discarded in favor of unleash.

Maybe, *MAYBE* Firestorm feels better with more emphasis on added damage, but added damage is not a metric that can be affected by the skill tree and this game doesn't want to give me new sceptres (Like... at all. It's incredible how few drop for me, but I'm pretty sure that's just RNG). In that vein, maybe I was just supposed to go Archmage from the start. Even if it does work that way though, the damage just never really feels "there". The big meteor's impact is lackluster, the follow-up hits never really clean up stragglers, and the firestorm cap makes it impossible to do anything interesting with Spell Cascade.

My post-mortem on Firestorm is that it should have had a duration cap instead of a max-firestorm cap, and then maybe an additional cap at some absurd number if you were really worried about server performance. As it stands, it's an incredibly complex skill that has had a wall put in place to stop any avenue of scaling except for a limited few, and too many stats you gain incidentally are just wasted by it. If I could scale cast speed, or could have more than one down at a time with Unleash / Spell Cascade active I could see some legitimate uses for it, but as it stands the skill currently does everything worse than every other fire skill in the game. The fact that it can even exist in the same vacuum as Cremation inspires all manner of questions with no discernible answer.

The greatest sin of Firestorm though is that it's not fun to play. Every part of the skill that could potentially be satisfying has been gutted, as if the person told to keep it from being a problem absolutely couldn't allow the person responsible for the rework allow it to be something players might actually consider playing.

**EDIT** - As an addendum, I am enjoying the league very much so despite all of the issues. The actual design has been fantastic, and I expect fond memories after the issues are patched.
Last edited by Winkers91 on Sep 22, 2020, 5:27:33 PM
"
Quin69 wrote:
Steel Skills Balancing

- Quon62

Why did you just copy this from fakejon?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info