What We're Working On

"
Quin69 wrote:
Steel Skills Balancing

Steel skills force you to use a melee weapon but use projectile attacks, making it almost impossible to scale well into the endgame compared to other similar skills (reason: because you cannot benefit from warcrys or half of the nodes on the tree because they are labeled with "Melee" or "Bow")

My feedback would be that GGG could make steel skills function with warcrys OR straight up buff them in order for them to do similar damage to other similar abilities.

OH and maximum of 12 Steel Shards for lancing steel feels AWFUL - maybe a way to increase max ammo???

love you guys, keep up the good work!

- Quon62

2Header
"
Quin69 wrote:
Steel Skills Balancing

Steel skills force you to use a melee weapon but use projectile attacks, making it almost impossible to scale well into the endgame compared to other similar skills (reason: because you cannot benefit from warcrys or half of the nodes on the tree because they are labeled with "Melee" or "Bow")

My feedback would be that GGG could make steel skills function with warcrys OR straight up buff them in order for them to do similar damage to other similar abilities.

OH and maximum of 12 Steel Shards for lancing steel feels AWFUL - maybe a way to increase max ammo???

- Quon62

WARCRYS PainChamp
I've been loving Firestorm.

I made a guide here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2940312

It has pretty misleading numbers, but in practice it just DUMPS on enemies.

The new Infernal Cry works great to help with clear speed, and single target is not a problem.

I do have a little trouble with bosses that move around a lot, but I still kill them fairly quickly.
I think you should balance Steel skills ! I love them but here is my feedback :
-CLear feels good thanks to Call of Steel but alone the skills feels bad
-Also the clear is pretty good but the single target is bad, but no idea how to make it better
-Call of steel stacks are not enough for lancing steel
-The scaling through the tree feels bad compared to the others skills and slams as they can rely on warcry, increasing so much the damages.

I only played Steel skills atm but everything was fine on my side performances wise. I love this league !

Love !
Exystance
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
New Skills Feedback
We've seen various bits and pieces of feedback about the new skills but we would like to get even more. If you have feedback about the new skills, please reply to this post so we can review it. Including specifics is great.

Blazing Salvo feels pretty bad at single target when targeting mobs up close.

Some of the wording in the teaser strongly suggests 'closer is better single target':
"
Blazing Salvo releases a torrent of fiery mortars that can hit enemies as they fly and land in rapid succession, with each mortar causing an explosion. When targeting up close, the explosions can hit a target multiple times, while targeting at range causes them to spread out and have a higher explosion radius, giving you a wide damage spread.

However, the reality is that Blazing Salvo's projectiles have a minimum travel distance and if a mob is closer than this minimum travel distance they won't be hit by any explosions, only by a single projectile while it's 'in-flight'. This means that as mobs get closer the skill's DPS increases until they get 'too close' and the skill's DPS drops off.

This is a very general idea of how I imagine the DPS scales with enemy distance from cast point:

Is there any chance the 'minimum projectile travel distance' of Blazing Salvo can be removed/reworked?

This taken from the bug report: arcanist brand new skills
I've been playing hexblast, and I want to say first that it's fantastic. It's definitely in my top few favorite skills. However, there are a few ways it can be kind of awkward. It's really bad at dealing with totems, since they're still immune to curses, for some reason, but that's not a huge issue; it's mostly a problem in combination with the fact that it's very difficult to deliberately target particular enemies in crowds. This is fine most of the time, but if there's a totem in there and you hit it by accident, it doesn't trigger the AoE, which can be pretty dangerous. Similar things can happen when a crowd of monsters you've hexed mixes with a crowd of monsters you haven't, although that's more easily manageable, since you can just hex them again. Mostly I just think totems should be hexable. The fact that they aren't doesn't seem to make the gameplay meaningfully more challenging or anything, it's just kind of obnoxious.

The other issue is that it's incredibly non-obvious how to use it optimally. Not only is there no visual indicator for doom, but as far as I can tell there's absolutely no mention in game of what the base maximum doom is. As a result, there's no real way to tell how long you should wait after hexing an enemy to hexblast it, unless you go online, find what as far as I can tell is the single developer post mentioning the base maximum doom, do the math, and then count the second-and-a-bit while you play. The skill's gameplay experience would be massively improved if enemies gained a visual effect when they had a hex with max doom on them.
"
Quin69 wrote:
Steel Skills Balancing

- Quon62

2header!
"
Quin69 wrote:
Steel Skills Balancing

- Quon62

ITEM EDITOR WHEN?-QUNTIONI 69
Something feels off about Crackling Lance damage scaling. It does not feel like the Intensity stacks are giving it any power (even when running Intensify Support and getting the 4th charge on the tree). I know that lightning damage can be pretty erratic but it just seems weak for a skill that requires you to stand still. Are the stacks really working as intended??

I hope that it is currently bugged in some way, because if it is not it's a major clunker and that's a shame.... or maybe I am just bad at building? IDK.

On the other hand, Sigil of Power feels good, and I like Void Sphere quite a bit. These feel like solid additions.

Thanks for everything GGG!
Crackling Lance:

I've used the skill from level 28 until early maps. I think mechanically it feels really fun. Starting with a wide crack of lightning and tightening up to a beam is super cool.

The biggest problem I have with the skill is that the sacrifice of mobility to gain stacks of Intensity doesn't feel like a solid enough trade. The damage outlay only seems reasonable at full stacks, but it becomes impossible to clear a mob pack due to the clunky targeting of the fully stacked beam.

Having to relocate/teleport to reduce stacks to be able to hit mobs in an area that weren't killed while stacking to full Intensity feels bad. Having full intensity stacks and one shotting yellows feels great, but likely requires more gear to get there.

Stacking to full intensity while waiting for a heist choke point feels pretty great though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info