What We're Working On

First off, really enjoying the Heist content. I really like the new characters introduced, the new zone, and the heist mechanic as a league its different and cool.

A feedback items for the Heists. Is there any way on grand Heists to be able to pay for like sabotaging doors to be open for your retreat? While I'm fine with hitting the button for rogues to open doors on the way in it's a lot more stressful on way OUT when the Police are trying to gangbang you and I'm trying to stay alive.

Hexblast skill: Specifically in lab you can't apply the doom to the Hex Totems and the Gargoyles which was really frustrating. I disagree with peoples comments on it being clunky as a two tap skill. With enough cast speed and AoE this feels really nice and I like the option of waiting the 3-4 seconds for higher health targets to really get that big BOOM off. Currently in yellows so I'm not sure if it will scale well in endgame but would be nice for a base of 5% crit. Even with Assassin the crit not going off feels like a wet noodle hit.

Hope this helps! <3
When the steel skills were announced I was excited to try a impale dedicated skill set (last league i played earthshatter impaler with great joy).

While i think that the map clear is good with the steel skills the single target damage feels lackluster so far (even in white maps when compared to earthshatter).

I think it is a good idea to make the steel skills feel unique. So I would rather not tag them alongside the warcry skills like earthshatter. But i think that the steel skills should have some single target dmg option.

another option would be to tune the other abilities like earthshatter, ed contagion, etc. down.

During Heists I really enjoy that you have to make a lot of decisions which loot you want, if you rather want to open more chests or finish the heist object etc. I hope this feature will stay.

Skill Issues from what I've played

Hexblast (mostly just hexes): Before you could use Spell Cascade with hexes to make like a wave of hex area. It doesn't work with Doomsday. The main flavor point of Hexblast is manually cursing stuff, but now you can only gather doom from one curse at a time. This is an issue if you are self casting two curses. There also seems to be a bug of the curse icon not falling off. It's also impossible to tell when it's at max doom.

Personally, I feel it could use more damage. Even at 45 doom with double ele curse and ee it takes a bit longer than I feel it should to kill some bosses. I imagine this will get worse as I get into red maps. It does need scaling off AOE damage for the single target. It could use something "like more damage per curse on enemy" as a buff to the Occultist Ascendency.

I like the theme of the skill, and it is one of the few games to get my idea of a Witch. I also like that it has bad crit scaling, which helps push you towards other damage means and helps Witch.

Crackling Lance
: The skill just sucks. I think it's bugged. You can't use Spell Echo with it to gain Intensity faster (in fact it's slower due to second animation time). The tool tip doesn't read any increase in damage no matter how much intensity you have.
Last edited by Ass__ on Sep 22, 2020, 5:38:49 PM
tight. heist league best league after fixes.
Second-class poe gamer
Haha you are the best so its fine, at least like every time you are pretty quick to respond to issues .

About the new skills :

Void Sphere is supposed to "remove" bodies or dead ennemies, but it don't work properly on Porcupine.
I mean the main "Youhou" of this skill was to remove Porcupine "on death" spikes be Void Sphere does nothing about it (currently it only help i think against monsters that explode dead bodies).

About Heist :
It would be nice to store in the Heist Chest or our own chest the Green Hesit parchment (the quests ones) because it stack pretty quickly in the inventory and for half of them you can't even do them right away because you need "skill level 2-3" to do them.
So its another 2-5 slots of inventory lost until we unlock the corresponding skills.

Good luck for the debugging part ^^'.
Last edited by Bakudan on Sep 22, 2020, 5:37:52 PM
Thumbs up! man really need a add chaos mod ex..! lol
I started off Heist playing Crackling Lance in what should have been a fairly overpowered setup (Archmage, stacking intensify, yada yada). Build felt weak from the moment I put crackling lance on, until the moment I decided to drop it for something else. The scaling did not seem to work properly. Myself and multiple viewers on twitch had tested the intensify support gem, and conc/inc aoe, none of which seemed to affect the AOE of the beam or the angle of the crackling lance before intensity stacks. I am not sure what the deal was with it, but it felt very lackluster, in terms of overall damage, scaling with AOE increase/decrease, and the big question of whether or not intensify even worked with it as a support gem. I would LOVE to play the skill as it is visually pleasing, and the idea behind it is amazing, but I dont even know where to start with how weak it felt. I think maybe it just needs a higher flat damage output (Proably make it double the flat output of arc since it has alot less coverage in the sense that it is a beam and doesnt naturally chain, and arc gets the huge damage boost for remaining chains making it much more solid for single target dps). It just feels like it's not enough, and relies too heavily on gear and currency to make it work. Also, some way to make spell echo give 2 stacks of intensify with this skill in specific might be a way to balance out the damage. I am not 100% sure, just giving my input on how it felt.

As far as Icestorm goes, I love what you guys did with it, as someone who has played icestorm for a year+ now as my league start, its nice not lagging with spell cascade :) Good job on that!
Just wanted to say: Lancing steel is really cool, and it puts out a lot of damage, and its clear feels pretty buttery once you have the threshold jewel for call of steel use speed.

The only thing I think it could really use is an increased area in which it hits "nearby" enemies instead of frontal. Right now it feels like you need to be inside the enemy's hit box for that to work.

Cheers!
"The Rogue Harbour Waypoint - I don't like running
We hear you. We'll find a way to make this more efficient but don't know exactly what it looks like yet."

Really? Haha truly PoE players are pampered. Maybe GGG will offer to wipe their bums too.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
Void Sphere is a very disappointing skill for one primary reason: Scaling has frustratingly few options. You can give it more crits, or you can give it plain old damage increases, and that's it. It doesn't scale with:

- Cast speed. Probably not an issue if there were another way to scale it, but still worth mentioning.

- Elemental penetration. The chaos conversion is currently a downside to the skill, as it prevents the damage from being converted all to one element, making it really awkward to work with.

- Physical damage effects (i.e. Pride, Flesh and Stone + Maim, the new spell impale). The chaos conversion once again screws it over, as you're only getting 60% effectiveness out of any physical scalars you opt to use.

- Chaos amplification effects (i.e. Wither, Vaal Blight). The only way to attain 100% conversion is with some combination of Innsbury Edge and Lightbane Raiment, for a payoff of having vastly worse damage than any spell that started off chaos to begin with. There are no other chaos conversion physical spells that pair with it neatly to create a full archetype.

To "fix" Void Sphere, one approach would be to give it the Hexblast treatment (chaos damage with hits uses the enemy's lowest resistance) and bump the base conversion up to 50%. This still prevents things like Avatar of Fire or scaling of the post-conversion element, but permits penetration and other resistance reductions to come into play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info