What We're Working On

Hexblast is a very fun skill to use and I love the theming behind it. However, due to it's implementation it's very hard to use support gems with it. It has very few applicable supports and it makes it hard to scale it well.

Firestorm just straight up doesn't feel good. If the goal is to change it to a more meteor focused spell, the meteor needs to feel way better. This middle of the road approach seems to fail at both attempts. I would argue it could use either a bigger hit on the meteor or make the storm afterwards feel stronger (but let's be real, everyone wants the meteor). As it is, it accomplishes neither.

Thanks for being open to feedback.
Conc effect makes blazing salvos aoe smaller but doesnt give the 50% more dmg buff.
Loving the league and the reworked steel skills.

Using the 'Lord of the Steel' unique jewel. But would really like it if Call of Steel was instant.

Thank you!
"
Slaying Monsters Increasing The Alert Level
We killed this. It's not a thing anymore.

So is this a thing or not? It still increaseds for me -.-' So what to do to apply your so called fix?
Re: Crackling Lance

TL;DR: Damage is awful when leveling; Seems to be OK at higher levels.

My simple feedback: I leveled with Creeping Frost, and then at 28 I grabbed Crackling Lance. Supported with Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction, and Concentrated Effect, resulting in 647 tooltip DPS. Also Summon Skitterbots, Conductivity, and Wave of Conviction.

Literally took me 8 minutes to kill Gravicius. It was painful. For comparison, 3 linked Creeping Frost took less than 2 minutes.

I don't know if something is bugged, or if the early scaling is just awful, but it seems like most people (like me) give up on it right away, it just feels awful. But there are people in high levels using this skill, so if you can get there it must be OK. If it's not bugged, please seriously consider buffing the low-level damage. And please test in-game, not with a test dummy.

Talked to multiple 80+ players that liked the skill though, but universally said "Don't level with it".

BTW, I re-rolled to ED/C and steamrolled through to maps in no time. The massive disparity in "Good" skills vs. new skills is ridiculous, and incredibly disappointing.
As for the skill balance:

Hexblast is a really cool skill designwise.
I'm playing it hit-based and it feels great most of the time, but really bad when occasionally targeting non-cursed enemies by accident and thereby losing all AoE, resulting in a pack just hitting you.
Very frequent examples are the randomly spawning totems, which are still curse-immune (the ones added by the contains totem map mod) and - to a lesser extent - mobs being quickly spawned by other mobs (for example the mobs spawned by redeemer totems).
If at all possible a very small area for the skill to check for cursed enemies and prioritising hitting those would completely solve this issue and make the skill feel amazing all the time.

Cheers,
Bubbfisch / Pohjola.
So Crackling Lance issues?

It doesn't seem to gain charges with Spell Echo (It should).
And because it's meant to be cast literally more than most other spells to ramp up its DPS, the mana cost should be lowered IMO, otherwise you need to waste points on Mana Regen nodes, which don't do a whole lot when you're casting say, 6 casts per second.

With trash mobs, it's not as noticeable bsince the skill kinda shocks thw whole screen, but against rares and bosses hoo boy, you go OOM so much it's irritating.

It takes several exalts to get the DPS up to the point of ED Contagion and COC builds with much less currency, please fix this.
"
Ass__ wrote:
Skill Issues from what I've played

Hexblast (mostly just hexes): Before you could use Spell Cascade with hexes to make like a wave of hex area. It doesn't work with Doomsday. The main flavor point of Hexblast is manually cursing stuff, but now you can only gather doom from one curse at a time. This is an issue if you are self casting two curses. There also seems to be a bug of the curse icon not falling off. It's also impossible to tell when it's at max doom.

Personally, I feel it could use more damage. Even at 45 doom with double ele curse and ee it takes a bit longer than I feel it should to kill some bosses. I imagine this will get worse as I get into red maps. It does need scaling off AOE damage for the single target. It could use something "like more damage per curse on enemy" as a buff to the Occultist Ascendency.

I like the theme of the skill, and it is one of the few games to get my idea of a Witch. I also like that it has bad crit scaling, which helps push you towards other damage means and helps Witch.

Crackling Lance
: The skill just sucks. I think it's bugged. You can't use Spell Echo with it to gain Intensity faster (in fact it's slower due to second animation time). The tool tip doesn't read any increase in damage no matter how much intensity you have.

+1
Feedback about BLAZING SALVO:

Hello, you requested feedback on your new skills and I come with the perspective of a hardcore heist blazing salvo totem chieftain. Check my character "Jaxy_BlazeIt" on my profile. Blazing Salvo was pretty weak early on, and then it randomly gained 2 additional projectiles and felt better. Now, progressing into yellow maps, the damage is falling off again. Any chance of an additional 2 projectiles at higher skill gem levels? It feels like the damage spiked to the level of a normal ability, but then the gem stopped gaining damage or utility from leveling for the foreseeable future.

tl;dr ->

Recommendation:

Do another round of +2 additional projectiles again at Gem Level 16+ to make the total number of additional projectiles 8.

Feedback on Hexblast gamestyle.

Doom stacks could get a visual key to make it easier to play around their detonation against tougher enemies.

I also believe that the curse should reaply itself on explosion, similar to a cascade effect in ED/contagion setup. Reaplying hexes constanly is not fun and feels inferior with more effort. It just makes me want to reroll as ED bc i'm putting more effort to be less efficient.

Also, not sure how Doom works against hexfont. Would love some clarification

Cheers and keep it up! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info