Floating combat text

oh wow! Last I heard, they specifically did not intend to add this. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much damage my zombies can do.
"
vaskov17 wrote:
Floating combat text will lead to discovering many of the unknown values in the game (like monster health) which will lead to builds being much more optimized which may kill a lot of the theorycrafting aspect of the game. Also GGG don't seem too eager to give out exact values for many things in the game so I'd say floating text may take a long while to be added.

A very good point.

And to those saying I'm just saying no to the "option" suggested, it's not just that.
First, I'm saying it's the wrong direction the game should be going - it should be less about the UI and more about the fight itself.
Last, but not least, I'm not just saying no to the idea without proposing anything myself - I said GGG should to get some visual, animation and audio cues to better indicate how much you are "hurting" the enemy with your attacks.

Weak attacks would produce no sound - they tickle.
Normal attacks may produce moans, etc.
Powerful attacks would produce louder moans, etc.
Same with bleeding effects, etc.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Jan 24, 2014, 10:43:14 PM
C'mon GGG! give us floating combat text!
Hello?! I am deaf and in this game there is no way to tell whats happening without text explaining what is happening :( Great game. But not for deaf people!
Meep beep PLAYING SINCE 2011
"
Nurvus wrote:

Sounds a lot like sex.
"
mouhanad wrote:
"
Nurvus wrote:

Sounds a lot like sex.

:D
+1 for combat log.
-1 for floaty visual noise.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
Why isn't this in the game yet ;_;
"
Ezaspi wrote:
Why isn't this in the game yet ;_;

Because they have a huge backlog.
"
Autocthon wrote:
I'd like the OPTION but that's because I'd like to gauge how much damage reduction my enemies have.

O course that only becomes useful with armor/resistance piercing effects. Which we don't have in prolific numbers IIRC

This is one of the reasons I'm against FCT.

You should come to a conclusion that you need more damage or health or mitigation naturally - not by looking at numbers.

This is not Math of Exile.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info