Floating combat text

I like this idea as an option. Added to my list.
IGN Valeeras
Come on, GGG!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give FLOATING COMBAT TEXT
Just no.
You guys don't understand that this game needs to be going in the opposite direction.

It needs to become more intuitive and less "UI-heavy".

We already have too much "UI" info in the form of debuffs/buffs.
GGG should be working to REPLACE that with something that doesn't require UI.

This is not Path of Recount or Skada of Exile.

Instead of adding damage text to let you know how much damage you dealt, this game should give different sound and visual effects based on how much of an enemy health (%) you dealt in one hit.

So taking more than 50% of a normal enemy's health in one hit would produce a distinct sound and visual effect.
The same for 20% of a rare and 10% of a boss health.

This is an action game.
The information should be through visual and audio effects, not damn text.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Jan 18, 2014, 8:22:19 AM
There is nothing to discuss about...everytime the same stupid "arguments" why not!
Give a option to enable it so you can choose yourself if u want it or not. Its a standard for every hacknslay or mmorpg to have combat floating text, there is nothing to say no we dont want it. its simply a decision by every own player to enable it in options or not.

Dumb discussion about to have or not to have, wtf dumbshit, its a standard in any game of this kind and a normal feature of any kind of game. Will you do a step back in developement to remove or not have a option to enable fdct? Its so dumb to even tell you guy that...ridiculous.
=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on Jan 22, 2014, 10:09:51 AM
"
Hruthgard wrote:
There is nothing to discuss about...everytime the same stupid "arguments" why not!
Give a option to enable it so you can chose yourself if u want it or not. Its a standard for every hacknslay or mmorpg to have combat floating text, there is nothing to say no we dont want it. its simply a decision by every own player to enable it in options or not.

Dumb discussion about to have or not to have, wtf dumbshit, its a standard in any game of this kind and a normal feature of any kind of game. Will you do a step back in developement to remove or not have a option to enable fdct? Its so dumb to even tell you guy that...ridiculous.

Diablo 1 didn't have it. Diablo 2 didn't have it.
I'm not sure where you get your standards.
This is not an MMORPG.

MMORPGs are "infecting" new hacknslash games with alot of BAD mechanics.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Jan 18, 2014, 3:36:46 PM
"
Nurvus wrote:
"
Hruthgard wrote:
Give a option to enable it so you can chose yourself if u want it or not. Its a standard for every hacknslay or mmorpg to have combat floating text, there is nothing to say no we dont want it. its simply a decision by every own player to enable it in options or not.

This is not an MMORPG.

Explain to me how this is bad, or even a mechanic at all. Damage numbers that you can turn on or off don't affect your gameplay at all, and you can choose whether or not you want to see them.

Stop witch hunting anything that resembles an MMO. Jeez.

And it's not just MMOs that have floating damage numbers. Most classic RPG's have them too. Final Fantasy 7 included, Mr. My Guild is Named "Materia".....
Last edited by Stealthbug on Jan 18, 2014, 4:05:31 PM
^
=Licht ist Leben=
"
Nurvus wrote:
"
Hruthgard wrote:

This is not an MMORPG.

Like allot of other people i don't agree with you. But instead of explaining my position, i ask you to stop repeating yourself. We get what your position is but as far as i can see allot of people just don't agree with it.

They want the option, you don't. It might be better to just start a poll on this.
http://strawpoll.me/1066248

The Devs will do with our suggestions what they think is best.
Last edited by marcvdo on Jan 24, 2014, 11:03:07 AM
Floating combat text will lead to discovering many of the unknown values in the game (like monster health) which will lead to builds being much more optimized which may kill a lot of the theorycrafting aspect of the game. Also GGG don't seem too eager to give out exact values for many things in the game so I'd say floating text may take a long while to be added.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info