Floating combat text

I want the whole formula and every result in between calculations with underlining of the results.
Everything increasing the damage output shall be green and everything decreasing my damage shall be blue.
Every modifier not by the skill itself (influence of auras, curses, damage reduction cause by enemy armor) shall be italic.
I'm not the fastest reader and want to check some calculation so the visible time of the formulas may not be lower than one minute.
"

apart from the destroyed immersion, syncing damage numbers to the client would be a waste of bandwidth and support money.

What are you talking about? Client already have this data, because monsters have HP, character have damage and result of calculations with defense, resist, etc.,... are deducted from HP, right? So, what the point make this data invisible? Just render!

"
additionally, ggg put so much efforts into performance improvements, they would be crazy to waste that with new effects.

It is not an effect. It's data which could rendered with some random fonts.

"
and no, these features aren't optional. like health bars you have a disadvantage if you play the game and want to keep immersion intact.

It's your opinion. Moreover, if this feature could be make an optional, your opinion no make sense.

5 years later and this still hasn't been implemented. :/
"
5 years later and this still hasn't been implemented. :/

yes, because it's a shit feature
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:

By your personal opinion?

My personal opinion is: 'I want it'.

So who is right?
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
vio wrote:

By your personal opinion?

My personal opinion is: 'I want it'.

So who is right?

we both are, it's a strongly personal opinion.

my predjustices against fct haven't changed:

- it only does make sense in simpler games with no evasion, block, dodge and armor where you can actually draw any conclusion about what prevented that damage to go through.

- the damage calculation needs to be sent to the client, further increasing traffic which means more load on the server

- if any, a combat logfile would make more sense

- it makes poe even more look like "other games"

- there are already too many skill effects. ggg already needs to turn them down imho, especially in big parties. which they won't cause they sell those flashy stuff. having more items block their view will make players purchase even less skill effects.

- i'm one of those old gamers who have difficulties finding and targeting the rare beast to catch it in the current skill effect bloat of 10+ monsters. more stuff displayed is simply no option for me.

- there are no "optional things", if it helps the player getting an advantage it's a "must have enabled" feature

-----

if they change the game i would like to have them display monsters on top of loot labels first, it's five years where they can't fix that.
Last edited by vio on Mar 12, 2018, 2:53:58 AM
I would love to have test dummies at least
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
I would love to have test dummies at least

test dummies only make sense if you just "do damage".

in poe you would need a multitude of dummies for the variations of reducing and avoiding damage and ailments that exist for monsters.
Last edited by vio on Mar 12, 2018, 5:25:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info