Floating combat text

floating text. floating numbers. floating cute bears. floating colourful happy-meals. floating hp bars. floating floating floating.

NO!

ALL of these are kids shitty stuff to watch the damage they DO and be happy with! WoW kids this is not the World of Warcrafting Diablo with tits 3. THIS is an old school game so please take your stuff and go to other games if you dont like it.
Beta Member Since 2010
well you can see your DPH, but what about after damage reduction? Like i whant to know how much damage i deal to the enemy not just how much damage im capable of dealing, and that is one thing floating combat text can give me. If you dont like floating combat text, then fine dont, but i do and just cus you dont whant it dossent mean no one is allowed to have it. If i whant it i just click ON, if you dont whant it then leave it on OFF, simple as that.

"
Nurvus wrote:

However, it's unnecessary, and with it players will start requesting for dps meters.

you can see your skill dps by holding on skills on your skill bar and on the caracter screen you can see your dps

"
Kalidor wrote:

ALL of these are kids shitty stuff to watch the damage they DO and be happy with! WoW kids this is not the World of Warcrafting Diablo with tits 3. THIS is an old school game so please take your stuff and go to other games if you dont like it.

D3 and WoW has on/off buttons for floating combat texts btw
"
ppkman111 wrote:
well you can see your DPH, but what about after damage reduction? Like i whant to know how much damage i deal to the enemy not just how much damage im capable of dealing, and that is one thing floating combat text can give me. If you dont like floating combat text, then fine dont, but i do and just cus you dont whant it dossent mean no one is allowed to have it. If i whant it i just click ON, if you dont whant it then leave it on OFF, simple as that.

"
Kalidor wrote:

its not like that dude... its not like we must have an option for everything!

This is an old school game (till now ofc - don't know what future will bring) and if you and someone else want those small "quality of life" changes they ruin the whole old school experience! Even if they "fix" the map layout or "fix" the /itemlevel etc etc , it will ruin the old school spirit..

This game is supposed to be old school and hardcore. if they keep adding stuff like these, they making it more accessible to new players aka going casual..

so NO :)

Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on Dec 10, 2014, 2:54:10 PM
PoE is all about theorycrafting and build making. It would be very cool if we could watch our build's performances in a more detailed manner. I would love to have floating text on this game.
I'm looking around for a mod or recent input on this. Even a log or meter. For a game that caters so well to theory crafters, what do people do for this? Time boss deaths?

Cheers!
I stream on Twitch.tv/drizzintahl :o
"
Kalidor wrote:
"
ppkman111 wrote:

"
Kalidor wrote:

its not like that dude... its not like we must have an option for everything!

This is an old school game (till now ofc - don't know what future will bring) and if you and someone else want those small "quality of life" changes they ruin the whole old school experience! Even if they "fix" the map layout or "fix" the /itemlevel etc etc , it will ruin the old school spirit..

This game is supposed to be old school and hardcore. if they keep adding stuff like these, they making it more accessible to new players aka going casual..

so NO :)

If there's an option, you can play your "old-school" game whenever you want dude. You can simply turn it off, and be happy =)

Why removing the option from the others ?

This is why there's a Suggestions & Feedback forums. GGG wants to increase their player base, and that's why balance/changes exists.
You are not EVEN CONSIDERING that will BE an OPTION button. So if you want to play it YOUR way, YOU CAN.

So WHY are you forbidding the others from having it ? Are you THAT egocentric ? Think again. You can be a better person to the society.

I would agree with you in other hand, if GGG implement this for EVERYONE with NO option to turn it off. THEN I would agree with you, since it's counter-intuitive to my argument. BUT, this is not the case.
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Sep 8, 2015, 6:18:29 PM
I would like to get this feature implemented.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Oct 9, 2015, 4:37:48 AM
I would also like this, especially if there were different colours for the types of damage. No more guessing what element act 4 bosses deal.
I would turn it off anyway. It is hard to see anything in combat now anyway.

I would rather see cobat log in somwehere on screen (like in witcher 2) and in txt fille in poe folder. Buth this will probably never happen.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 9, 2015, 6:31:13 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I would turn it off anyway. It is hard to see anything in combat now anyway.

I would rather see cobat log in somwehere on screen (like in witcher 2) and in txt fille in poe folder. Buth this will probably never happen.

Yeah, combat log would help so much especially on those "wtf, I died" -moments. It should have a couple options to tick on/off (like damage done to you, damage made by you, damage made by ground effects etc.).

I don't see why it couldn't happen since the client already has to know all the damage values you take/deal as well as damage types and everything associated with them. It's just a matter of showing it to players too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info