Floating combat text

Id like this would realy spice up gameplay.
And it would probably be nice for people with minions or EA and such

Do make it an option so u dont need to have
dank
glad they refrained from implementing this ugly nonsense.

can't hear this "but .. but it's optional, you can switch it off if you don't like it" anymore.

if a feature like the ugly health bars brings you more oversight and game control it becomes fuckin mandatory to enable it because you get a disadvantage when you miss it out.

this also applies to the former optional "timed loot" feature and will apply to floating combat text.

and yes, that means taking options from other players. it's a game that has rules which implies that there are restrictions.

edit: this also applies.
Spoiler
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
The feedback on those threads has long since been seen, and the threads themselves have not generated original discussion in a very long time, so there is no value in keeping them open.
so please close it like the other threads.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 9, 2015, 9:00:24 AM
I like how the main argument against it can be summarized as "so we can not be D3". I swear half the people who play this game only play so they can tell some internet stranger that they do and that that somehow makes them important.
I've been waiting on this for years. (my friends too)
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

bump

Is this ever going to happen?
Yea, in big colourful comic sans please !
Spoiler
Näh.
Floating dmg text would be a very nice thing. That or death recaps, or even both! Then I could see exactly how much I got one shot by when twin corpse exploding boss crit me for while super shocked by lightning spider exile. Boom!
DONT DO IT MAN you seen the diabo 3 you cant see shit cuz numbers everywhere and well theres no need for like screen full of numbers .... but if you deal like INSANE crit that acctualy does like near max dmg then maybe it could show how much you hit for :P
i could see some use in damage numbers each player sees when monsters or effects damage his character. but that's it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
This game already lags to hell with particle effects why would you want to add more things that the engine has to throw on screen instantly.

Also why do you need floating text to tell you "ONE SHOT" in numbers?

Game to ez now...only need floating damage numbers when the mob you are fighting actually puts up a fight which is a total of 3 or so enemies in this game that are end-game bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info