FPS drops

"
Deliverme wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
For those that are having performance issues, can you please email techsupport@grindinggear.com with the following:
DxDiag
client.txt
(if the file size is too large, delete the old one, start the game to generate a fresh one, then send it to us)

This will help us to better track what kind of system configurations are having problems.

Just saw this response - where is this file, please?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\logs

And for dxdiag, just search windows for dxdiag open it then press save info.
Haven't noticed any drops in maps nor in heists after the latest hotfix for crashing related to audio events.

Anyone else noticing the same?
There still are but less then before
beating the dead horse here but same . Zero fps in map followed by 3-5 sec of game freeze and most of the time death because only client froze and monsters were free to hit player. How is this acceptable ? This isnt a small case of isolated bug major group of players are having this and its not because of hardware inadequacy or network problem.
chaotic neutral
And .. new patch and the lags are back well done :/
No word on fixing any of these with the new patch. I guess it's same as every league - buy a new PC or try to get it working yourself. Nothing will be improved anyway.
game was running great for me until the latest patch. latency spikes, rubberbanding in maps/heists. hard d/c and even lost a portal for a grand heist.

omg whatever you guys did, i hope you can roll back whatever that is causing it.
Specs: 1070 Ti GPU
i7-9700k CPU
32GB RAM
1TB SSD

I have never had any issues with this game FPS wise until Heist League. I started in legion, I had zero problems in Delerium and now my game goes from 98 FPS to 0 FPS when I start a Legion encounter or enter any big pack of monsters. My game freezes and then I die or it just logs me out of the game entirely. It is absolutely insane that I can have a top quality computer and cannot play a game. I had to quit the league because Ive tried multiple builds now thinking maybe it was because I had to many minions on my necromancer. Ive changed all of my settings to Low, updated all of my drivers read just about every reddit post known to man and still no fix. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and nothing.

I would rather pay for this game and have better coding/better stability than have a free game with a bunch of issues. Hopefully its fixed soon.
I've noticed FPS significantly drop to 5 FPS or less slideshows when I'm in groups with two or more necros and a ton of lights flickering around. I'm on a 5700XT and Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. I don't think it was that bad before the latest patch.

I watch the performance metrics in my Radeon software on a second screen while I'm in game, and I notice what's happening is that if it's just me and maybe a normal group without a ton of stuff, I'll get pretty consistent CPU/GPU load of around 50-80 varying with a 90 FPS cap @ 2k res. It's when the screen has a ton of stuff in a group with a lot of minions / lights / stuff going on, the CPU and GPU load both actually tank to just about zero along with the FPS.

So it's not like a traditional bottleneck where you're full load on one or the other and hitting a wall, but rather the hardware is actually dropping utilization/load when there's too much on the screen and thus the performance also drops completely. It's almost like idle load levels when you're in some giant boss fight with a group of two or more necros, and thus 5 or less FPS.
In-game: WrongHoleBaby
Any news about fixing fps droping from 144 to 30 while using volatile dead? League after league same problem, I'm quitting the league for this, good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info