[3.12 UPDATED] IMMORTAL Stone Golemancer | Tanking Sirus storm | 100M DPS | All content AFK

@fayette: up to 100% increased golem speed = basically 2x clearspeed. Not to mention 3 extra golems for clear too. It will never be as fast as a carrion build, but yes the clear speed is much much faster with primordial. Honestly I personally think stone golem builds with specters are unplayable.

Also if you can nab a GG helm with both concentrated effect AND increased area of effect that would be good for clear too but you don't want to sacrifice the other 2 dps options for increased aoe

The downside to this build heavily invested in auras and clusters is that we cant get up to 7+ harmony jewels which really slows down stone golems natural clearspeed, not to mention using a helm with concentrated effect for dps narrowing their aoe, making it that much more important to use primordial chain.

Again this is all my opinion, but I've tried both the original OP build and chain and the specter version was just dirt slow and didn't really put out any extra damage.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Nov 12, 2020, 9:15:39 PM
On another note, finally got my double curse set up and very close to hitting 96 for that sweet sweet elemental equilibrium super dps boost. Haven't died or even come remotely close to dying since level 80 including juiced t16s, facetanking all endgame bosses, and afk simulacrums.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Nov 12, 2020, 9:17:33 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
@fayette: up to 100% increased golem speed = basically 2x clearspeed. Not to mention 3 extra golems for clear too. It will never be as fast as a carrion build, but yes the clear speed is much much faster with primordial. Honestly I personally think stone golem builds with specters are unplayable.

Also if you can nab a GG helm with both concentrated effect AND increased area of effect that would be good for clear too but you don't want to sacrifice the other 2 dps options for increased aoe

The downside to this build heavily invested in auras and clusters is that we cant get up to 7+ harmony jewels which really slows down stone golems natural clearspeed, not to mention using a helm with concentrated effect for dps narrowing their aoe, making it that much more important to use primordial chain.

Again this is all my opinion, but I've tried both the original OP build and chain and the specter version was just dirt slow and didn't really put out any extra damage.

I can't afford awakened hex touch, in which case is the play to slot in a lightning golem as well to for the attack speed buff, or just add 3 more stone golems with primordial chain? Also is this a single target dps drop? I just don't want to have to change gear between clearing and bossing (I'm lazy!).
I'm lazy too! No this isn't a loss of single target dps. Yes, I ran with lightning golem before i got awakened hextouch. Just remember it does NOT buff your other golems, it only helps your brand curse more enemies. But it offers slightly more dps from harmonies until you can get a double curse.

I ran 7stone, 1 lightning, 1 chaos for a very very long time.
That's interesting. I would have thought the loss of power/frenzy charges and arena master with the penalty from chain would overwhelm the 3 extra stone golems, but I guess elementalist gets a lot of bonus damage per stone golem.
So yes, you will lose a lot of single target dps before you get your awakened hextouch...but thats really only if you have a +2 amulet.

But your single target dps is still going to be 25 million on the LOW end. The tradeoff for 100% speed and extra clear is completely worth it.

And again, once you get your second curse in there your golem dps goes back up to around 6 million per golem x 8 = 48 million. OP had 10 million x 5 = 50 million with specters. Basically negligible loss of single target dps in the end.

I would also like to note that golem attack speed is deceptive in PoB when it comes to actual Stone Golem Damage. OP has his PoB set up showing really fast attack speed on slams thanks to his 3 x eminence jewels. However, higher attack speed actually relates to less overall dps because you aren't balancing with the CD and the golem will skip his slam attack far more often (similar to Cast on Crit builds that don't balance their attack speed and CDR). So the 10 million damage to begin with, plus using arena champion at all, is incredibly misleading when it comes to actual dps output. This is why every Stone Golem guide tends to suggest a 7harmony/2eminence ratio for your jewels (or in our case 4/1). Stacking more attack speed via alternate quality jewels can actually be making the problem worse.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Nov 12, 2020, 11:29:30 PM
I am referring to this comment on another very popular stone golem build:

" On PoB, select Stone Golem as main skill and choose slam as its attack. PoB will show the SG's attack/cast rate, as well as its skill cooldown. As long as 1 divided by attack/cast rate multiplied by 3 (or 4 if using awakened multistrike) is ever so slightly greater than the skill cooldown, then the attack speed is optimal. "

If we do this with the original build: 1 / 4.43 x 4 = .90. Golem CDR = 2.13. So with so much attack speed, we are basically cutting our actual PoB golem DPS in half or more

This is also affecting clearspeed because the Golems are using their Slam about half as often as they would with a more optimal attack speed
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Nov 12, 2020, 11:37:01 PM
For a what purpose we need Raze and Pillage on Big Cluster Jewels?
Last edited by morti_kh on Nov 14, 2020, 12:12:13 PM
@morti: we don't need it and dont take it. It just happens to be on a lot of the cheaper clusters with the 2 that we do want
I see, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info