So I'm here thanks to the Diablo 3 beta....

"
tvari wrote:
"
derbefrier wrote:
Most games the first hour or so is definitely a good metric to decide if your gonna like the game or not but D3 is a special.

What? Have you actually played beyond the beta, or have you just somehow managed to convince yourself that D3 is going to be a special case?

I am not the only person to think the guy above me is a little behind.

Diablo had no beta

It had a demo.
"
I'm traditionally a PvE player who likes to create silly, sub-optimal builds like the Meleemancer and Staff Assassin (from D2).
Oh my. I'm amazed you never gravitated to the Realms Beyond forums. Remember the Beyond Naked mages from D1?

I only got to try D3 for a couple hours this weekend. I really enjoyed it. Loved all the character voice-overs. Looking forward to GGG adding the voice acting to PoE.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Just wanted to pop in and say that I too found out about PoE after playing the D3 beta demo and reading forum posts about D3 (where people invariably compared it to PoE).

I decided to try it out and am glad I did. I like PoE more than the D3 beta demo.
"
robble wrote:
Just wanted to pop in and say that I too found out about PoE after playing the D3 beta demo and reading forum posts about D3 (where people invariably compared it to PoE).

I decided to try it out and am glad I did. I like PoE more than the D3 beta demo.

Must.Nit.pick.

PoE has a beta

D3 has a demo.

PoE:1
D3:0
E:9001
Chris:-3
"
"
bigmike4sale wrote:
Welcome to the community! I think you'll find that the Path of Exile community is more mature than the D3 one. With all the popularity Blizzard has now, it's no longer trying to make quality games for gamers. It now has to make dumbed down, superficial, cartoony experiences for the largest amount of people to play. I think you'll agree with me when I say PoE's game systems seem much more compelling.

I take exception to this for the most part. I've played the PoE beta, and it's excellent. I've also been playing the open weekend for D3, and besides the unavoidable problems that come with helping stress test (which some people over there don't understand) I think the game is shaping up to be something really special.

What PoE has going for it right now is that it's offering game types for every type of player. Yes it would be better if Blizzard offered something of their own to PVP, PVM, RP servers, but maybe they will later. As for right now they are just perfecting the single player and co-op experience.

I just find it funny that some people get so offended that D3 isn't turning out like they would want it to, and then the bitch and moan over there on the forums, then get told to come here if they wanted what they couldn't get out of D3, and instead of just being mature about it and realizing that maybe D3 isn't for them, they have to shit all over it, shit all over it's playerbase (which will be huge) and then drag their baggage over here.

Yeah, this is directed at you Kasmos. I imagine you were one of the people that thought the beta was somehow indicative of the entirety of the finished product, and you'd just be wrong. You get mad and call people "fanbois" because they aren't putting up with your shit, and then because this community which is probably full of people just like you (Excluding those decent people that were mature enough to realize that PoE was offering what D3 wasn't) you talk about how much happier you are going to be.

Well, I hope you are happier, I really do, but let's not beat around the bush here. You are going to be buying D3 on release day, because people like you have no conviction in their actions. You whine and cry, but fall in line just like everybody else in the end. Which is good because Diablo 3 is going to be an excellent game, and is going to have more depth than you give it credit for, so at least you'll get to experience it no matter what you might think now.

Good day.

Damn brutal, lol still I can totally understand your opinion and I'm gald to see someone able to admit they liked Diablo 3, Honestly I had a blast with D3 open beta and felt like a kid agian playing his first barb, Now I also love PoE and love this games community.

Just remember people YOU can like more then 1 game, I'd say I'm gonna play both of D3 and PoE a lot in the comeing future.
"Creepers gonna Creep"
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
robble wrote:

Must.Nit.pick.

PoE has a beta

D3 has a demo.

PoE:1
D3:0
E:9001
Chris:-3

Do you even understand the meaning of the word 'demo'? :P
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
Must.Nit.pick.

PoE has a beta

D3 has a demo.
Odd, generally people nitpick about technicalities, not opinions.
"
"
Must.Nit.pick.

PoE has a beta

D3 has a demo.

Tbh, to demo is to try out a product, to test it.

A beta is to test the game content.

I conceded in a seperate thread that its a beta-demo, but 5% of a game's content does not make a beta. Not only that, but with less then a month before the sale of D3, do you REALLY think the devs are listening to you.

The open beta was NOT a beta in many of the senses that mainly define a beta.

It was a demo to build hype for the 15th

"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
"
Must.Nit.pick.

PoE has a beta

D3 has a demo.

Tbh, to demo is to try out a product, to test it.

A beta is to test the game content.

I conceded in a seperate thread that its a beta-demo, but 5% of a game's content does not make a beta. Not only that, but with less then a month before the sale of D3, do you REALLY think the devs are listening to you.

The open beta was NOT a beta in many of the senses that mainly define a beta.

It was a demo to build hype for the 15th

I seriously doubt you understand what a beta means.
Even a 2 second gameplay bit can be called a beta, there's no specified length tied to the word at all.

The open beta weekend was a server stress test so blizzard could have an idea of what to expect at launch.
A nice side effect of this (which they no doubt took into consideration as well) is that everyone gets to check out the game before it comes out.

EDIT: So even though the open beta for the most part was not for gameplay testing purposes, it still tested one of the game's core services.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Apr 24, 2012, 3:14:16 AM
A beta is a test build of the product. That's what the D3 beta is. Who says it has to be a test build consisting of the entire product?

"
Not only that, but with less then a month before the sale of D3, do you REALLY think the devs are listening to you.
The beta has been going on for longer than a month. And whether the devs listen to the community during a particular period of a beta is really their business. It's not like game development on products like this stops once you hit release day - there are always more things to patch.

Besides which, that logic would apply to any beta, not just D3 - GGG for instance are intending to run the beta right up until release, as far as I'm aware. Should the last few weeks of that not be called a beta?

Really, the game is complete when the devs say it's complete, not before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info