So I'm here thanks to the Diablo 3 beta....

Hey all, just wanted to let every1 know that I'm here as well thanks to the failure that D3 has come to be.
Already bought the beta key to start supporting and enjoying what looks like would be a great game.
See ya online yall!
"
Ah, well done!

About the pvp: your timing is actually very, very good. This past week, the GGG team have been test-running 'Cut-Throat' leagues. They're sort of a cross between PvP and Diablo 1 style Iron Man gaming. For a set duration, the league allows people to start new characters, play through as normal...except all instances are visible to all players, and full PvP is enabled. Death results in a shower of your items -- equipped and inventory. You get to keep your skill gems, however.

I've taken part in two of these leagues, each lasting about 1.5 hours, and man, it is SO MUCH FUN.

I'm not even that into PvP. I'm traditionally a PvE player who likes to create silly, sub-optimal builds like the Meleemancer and Staff Assassin (from D2). But Cut-Throat appeals to something primal, something almost animalistic, in us all. Fight or flight, constantly.

It's a real rush.

Edit: there are threads about it in the Beta non-feedback board and the beta status board. Just look for 'Cut-Throat'. :)

ohhh i havent heard of that yet sounds like a lot of fun.
"
Roby wrote:
"
Kasmos wrote:
Done and DONE! Downloading the beta now.

And it's obvious by the replies that I'm going to enjoy my stay here in this community.

Here's a question for you all: to those of you that have had the chance to try out PvP, how is it? Are there servers with perma-death? Full loot? Etc. etc.?

Just as a little background, I come from Darkfall, the FFA full loot PvP MMO that currently is undergoing development preparations for Darkfall 2.0 (and oh I can't wait for that). So I truly love brutal and unforgiving PvP.

Who was your Darkfall character?

You can most likely guess mine. =)

Yes, you are going to like this game alot if you liked D2, however the PvP aspect is not in yet unfortunatly.

My first character was Kasmos Akhilendra. I was in Murder Herd back during EU-1 launch and was at the server's first ever epic siege when the ENTIRE server pummeled us to the ground :)

In regards to PoE, I'm having wayyyy too much fun trolling people on the D3 forums. I swear, it's like the WoW community seriously invaded Diablo 3 and the true Diablo fans are over this way.

P.S. First 8 hours in PoE? FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am genuinely very much impressed. Glad I was told to "f' off" and come over here!
"
Kasmos wrote:
P.S. First 8 hours in PoE? FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am genuinely very much impressed. Glad I was told to "f' off" and come over here!

Its good that you liked firs 8 hours, I liked them too. Too bad that next 8,16,24,32 hours were absolutly same :(
"
doomahx wrote:
oh no, forumfall is invading.

You can never escape that which is forumfall.

P.S. Good to see you around here man.
well i cant support sadly but i cant wait to get a beta key
I do enjoy how people are reviewing Diablo 3 with only about 5% of the game available for play.
"
haren wrote:
I do enjoy how people are reviewing Diablo 3 with only about 5% of the game available for play.

(abridged at EpsiIon's 'request'.)

k.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 23, 2012, 7:49:59 PM
"
haren wrote:

Blizzard could have put out the entire Act I for a beta -or- are they going support a meaningful return policy? Nevermind, I'm just being a smart ass. But we do know we won't be able to trust the mainstream reviews and we have nothing else to judge it on.
Last edited by tacitus on Apr 23, 2012, 7:44:56 PM
"
pugacov wrote:
"
Kasmos wrote:

Its good that you liked firs 8 hours, I liked them too. Too bad that next 8,16,24,32 hours were absolutly same :(
Yes, they are the same as in FUCKING AWESOME!!
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info