So I'm here thanks to the Diablo 3 beta....

"
digibucc wrote:
agreed. i sooo wanted to love d3 but i just don't see it. I pre ordered, and i will play it im sure - but d2 held me for hundreds of hours over irl years. i don't see d3 doing this.

same here, I have been telling people (here and elsewhere) that D2 was a perfect storm of longevity; and even in the best case D3 is not going to be D2. Blizzard will probably "force" it by having multiple expansions, but that is not the same. I will get D3 eventually.
These types of ignorant, circle-jerk threads based off an hour long demo are pathetic. I love this game but D3 is going to blow it away. PoE doesn't even have classes, ffs. All five of the "classes" are the exact same except for starting at a slightly different node on the passive tree and a different character model. The variety in this game is a joke. It's funny how they're teasing a sixth "class" when it's just going to be a different character model at another node. D3 has so many more skills and build possiblities than this game, and even D2. The skill rune system which changes many skills drastically, both from a usability and visual standpoint, is amazing. The hour long "beta" was purposely made that easy and hand-holding because it's the start of the game. Wait till you get to the later acts, and then get annihilated in Nightmare and absolutely slammed in Inferno. PoE is a good game but it's unpolished, lacks variety (a HUGE issue), and is incredibly unbalanced. It's D2.5. D3 is an evolution rather than 2.5, which is how it should be. Go play Diablo 2, which is still better than PoE, if you want to play a game more D2-like.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
"
"
Given the name 'OrigamiELEPHANT', I figured it was you, FTE, bored and trying to play both sides of the trollery...

My Trollery Trolley brings only positive things and negative things to negative people. Never do I Trolley those whom are dear to the creation of great things, except in the case that I figure they are bored of everyone being so damn nice to them all the time :D

"
A beta is a test build of the product. That's what the D3 beta is. Who says it has to be a test build consisting of the entire product?

"
Not only that, but with less then a month before the sale of D3, do you REALLY think the devs are listening to you.
The beta has been going on for longer than a month. And whether the devs listen to the community during a particular period of a beta is really their business. It's not like game development on products like this stops once you hit release day - there are always more things to patch.

Besides which, that logic would apply to any beta, not just D3 - GGG for instance are intending to run the beta right up until release, as far as I'm aware. Should the last few weeks of that not be called a beta?

Really, the game is complete when the devs say it's complete, not before.

HAHAHAHA Dis guy. "When the devs say it's complete" HAHAHAHA that was abandoned by blizzard in the late 90s and proven in 2005 when north was dissolved after they had a nearly complete Diablo 3 game set in heaven with demons invading it, raping angels, and shitting on god's doorstep. It wasn't done on time and didn't meet Vivendi's ethical acceptability rules (which seem to include only pandas and night elf mohawk Mr T fool pitying grenades) so they fired everyone.

The current policy is
"Tell the sheep that its done when the devs say it's done while we build hype and the board decides when hype is at a max level and likely to go down so we release before more waiting is done and hype level declines, fuck the game and its level of completion.
Oh by the way have we made sure to get all the untalented people from Infinity Ward that couldn't find other jobs when everyone else told us to fuck ourselves in here to code D3 at minimum wage?"
and
"WE ALL VOTED YES TO SIMPLIFYING THE SKILLS WHY HASN'T IT BEEN DONE YET? DO YOU THINK WE MAKE GAMES FOR FUN HERE OR ARE WE HERE FOR PROFIT?"

This is a disgusting, childish, ignorant, ill-informed, insanely biased post. You should honestly feel embarrassed.

D3 is absolutely a dark and dreary looking game. Don't judge it by the hour long demo. We got a sneak peak when we could use the network disconnection glitch to see a little content past the demo area and it was anything but carebear or World of Warcraft. Don't forget Diablo 2 had plenty of bright colors (much of Act 2, much of Act 5), of course everyone seems to forget that since they have their nostalgia glasses on.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
What's with the influx of d3 fanboys
Last edited by Transitor81 on Apr 24, 2012, 8:39:57 AM
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
This is a disgusting, childish, ignorant, ill-informed, insanely biased post. You should honestly feel embarrassed.

D3 is absolutely a dark and dreary looking game. Don't judge it by the hour long demo. We got a sneak peak when we could use the network disconnection glitch to see a little content past the demo area and it was anything but carebear or World of Warcraft. Don't forget Diablo 2 had plenty of bright colors (much of Act 2, much of Act 5), of course everyone seems to forget that since they have their nostalgia glasses on.

irony ftw
"
Transitor81 wrote:

"
Transitor81 wrote:
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:

irony ftw

Please look up the definition of irony before using it. There was nothing ironic about my post.

I love how anyone that says something positive about D3 and negative about PoE on this forum is labeled a "D3 fanboy". Great contribution to the thread, Transitor81. Thanks.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
Last edited by WAWAMELONS on Apr 24, 2012, 8:54:00 AM
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:

I love how anyone that says something positive about D3 and negative about PoE on this forum is labeled a "D3 fanboy". Great contribution to the thread, Transitor81. Thanks.

Go to beta feedback, were people talk about negative things about PoE, and positiv things from d3 that can be implemented in PoE, no one is calling them d3 fanboys.
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
"
Transitor81 wrote:

"
Transitor81 wrote:
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:

irony ftw

Please look up the definition of irony before using it. There was nothing ironic about my post.

But D3 sucks, I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're trolling.
"
xxnoob wrote:

But D3 sucks, I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're trolling.

D3 sucks? Just because you say so? Shit, I'm convinced!
“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I will never die.”
"
alcovitch wrote:
"
xxnoob wrote:

D3 sucks? Just because you say so? Shit, I'm convinced!

Shit, I am convinced it doesn't!

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info